Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

In the game i have been experiencing problems aswell. Sometimes my gun would refuse to shoot even with a freshly loaded clip and full health. Firing 10 semi automatic shots with any gun. Only 2-5 come out of the gun and other times it shoots all 10. I'm not sure what causing this but in close combat I'm always the first to die

Do you also use the PVP anims and Truemods in addition to slx? If so the problem comes from one of the pbo' s from truemods that stops you from shooting while walking or walking fast with the weapon up from the pvp anims, for reasons unknown to me.

If you don' t use said mods then i really don' t know what is causing this problem, never ran into it myself.

If you use ACE in addition to SLX, maybe your gun simply jammed?

EDIT: I' m also gonna use this post to simply congratulate Solus for the absolutely fantastic work he has done on the mod, making Arma2 a completely different game. Even though i read that Solus is taking some time off modding or something like that, i really hope that he is going to come out of nowhere one of those days with a new version under his sleeve.

Edited by Tisman

No I do not use any of those mods and do not use ACE but thanks anyway.

Despite removing some good pbo's because of crashing I find this mod to be one of the best for arma 2, and if it was fixed ( some pbos) It would be the best mod out there. Thanks solous for the hardwork you put in it.

I believe it is as I dont see any medic teleporting, try it, go to my bug list remove the necessary pbos, and then test your game,

you should have no issues running SLX on its own.

I have been playing and testing SLX with about 170+ addon, and mods and I dont get any problems with it,

remove the files from my bug list and your good to go.

If you guys have any more bugs or anything you find that I could add to the list,

then please post.

I believe it is as I dont see any medic teleporting, try it, go to my bug list remove the necessary pbos, and then test your game,

you should have no issues running SLX on its own.

I have been playing and testing SLX with about 170+ addon, and mods and I dont get any problems with it,

remove the files from my bug list and your good to go.

If you guys have any more bugs or anything you find that I could add to the list,

then please post.

Gunter, do you use ALL of those Mods listed in your sig relating to the AI etc or are there just a few that you would recommend running at the same time. Thank you for posting this information to the community :)

Your welcome,

I use them all, except for GL4 which i have not been granted permission for my A2WarMod (Arma2) version of WarMod so I didn't ask again.

All of the addons and mods on that list are in COWarMod which is still WIP.

Lets keep this thread SLX.

If you have questions about AI mods and such ask on that thread.

I run ito a problem with I think is caused by SLX. When I had It enabled the game froze at random moments, like helo going into air or firing some launchers. I pinpointed one of them: shooting HEDP rocket from SMAW (at Vodnik), with SLX the moment you pulled trigger the game freezes, I disabled SLX and it works correctly. Im not sure what is wrong, Im just giving you heads up.

EDIT: OOPS! I just looked into Gunther Signature link about SLX. I think its the problem I get, I will check it out if solution helps.

Edited by Taro8

Try removeing only the "SLX_VehicleEffects" pbo and see if it stop the freezes.

If it doesn' t, then remove all the pbos that Gunter' s link tell you to remove.

I have a small little problem, when I try to change firemodes, or something like that, I can't scope, the scope only stays for a second or so and then it's back to hip fire mode. what I"m trying to say is that I can't scope, the scope only stays for a second or 2. Please respond

Shammy details are important, from what I know about SLX and have tested, I have not run into any issues like that,

or can i assume its related to SLX at all.

could also be a control setup issue.

What other mods are you running?

What game do you have, and is it patched and what is the patch version?

Shammy details are important, from what I know about SLX and have tested, I have not run into any issues like that,

or can i assume its related to SLX at all.

could also be a control setup issue.

What other mods are you running?

What game do you have, and is it patched and what is the patch version?

oh I"m sorry, well i tried using only slx and cba and still i had that problem, I deleted the vehicleeffect.pbo because with it i used to crash, i use patch 1.59 for oa and a2 1.09. I use default controls andi also have baf and pmc but i was playing operation arrowhead.

My PC Specs are: i5 3.1ghz 8 gig ram and gt 220 nvidia video card.

Edited by Shammy2010
missed out detail

Hi Foxhound. I agree with you. I think it is nice if they will vote the best community. I will also vote for armaholic. :D

oh I"m sorry, well i tried using only slx and cba and still i had that problem, I deleted the vehicleeffect.pbo because with it i used to crash, i use patch 1.59 for oa and a2 1.09. I use default controls andi also have baf and pmc but i was playing operation arrowhead.

My PC Specs are: i5 3.1ghz 8 gig ram and gt 220 nvidia video card.

Have you tried without SLX and any other mod to see if you still get that issue?

Also remove all the other files from my bug list and see if that does anything.

and last but not least what weapons are you using where this issue occurs?

I only get this problem when I use the SLX mod, I have SLX version 2.3 and I don't know if it has been updated, I looked for updates but found nothing higher than 2.3. I found the problem still there after deleting the files on your list. But I did notice, however, that the scope returns to normal mode less now. And I'm using the mk16 eglm when this problem occurs.

Theres no updates, and probably will never be any more updates for SLX. 2.3 is final, unless someone

in the future decides to upgrade and or make fixes.

And I'm using the mk16 eglm when this problem occurs.

Is that the gun where when you go to scope, that it goes to an iron site view instead?

As far as individual guns, I think i have the same issue but nothing to complain about, SLX overall is playable without freezes and crashes,

and I can vouch myself it works fin with about 150+ other addons and mods from the community.

that's not my problem though, the problem is that when I scope, the scope stays for 2-3 seconds and then it returns to hip fire mode.

Nothing I can do, its one gun, if all the guns were doing something like that or something weird then there would be a concern, suggest using a different gun.

well i just tried using other guns like mk17 and the mk machine gun with the m4a3 and I still have this problem

I tried those guns, as well as the mk16 eglm, and have no issues, thats running SLX alone.

Are you running any other mods?

also

what control do you use to go to iron sights? the optics key?

You do know that the scope will return to hip if you press it again, it is sensitive.

Maybe record a short clip (video) of your issue, as Im finding it hard to see what your problem really is,

I mean I ran SLX by itself, took out the files from my bug list, and tested those weapons you mentioned,

and I have no issues, and I am running Arma2CO with 1.59 patch.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I made a video of this problem. First half of video shows problem with all my usual addons loaded up, second half shows with JUST SLX and CBA (as AI_Dodge depends on it). I don't get the problem without SLX. Every single instance of unscoping is done involuntarily.

VCgAXZ35nzs

Edited by DMarkwick

I see, thanks for posting that DMarkwick.

I dont have any of that on my end with my SLX, or with anything else I play with cough.. COWarMod ;).

Can you guys post your list of Pbos that you are using for SLX, i can maybe tell you which one might be possibly causing the issue.

Well I tried my exhaustive split-half which-PBO-is-it technique but no luck. It happens with any amount of SLX it seems, I will test more later.

As an aside, what version of CBA are you using?

Thats what Im saying list your pbos and I can compare it to my list, as i dont get the problem you guys have.

Im using CBA v 157, latest, but I had heard from a friend 158 is out on 6updater.

Hi,

I just want to know how enable auto aim. The mod disables it and i can t enable it in the options.

Thanks

Look in your SLX addons folder for this file:

SLX_FOV:

if you have it then try without it and see if that fixes it.

Also make sure its not the mod by running the vanilla game with your chosen option, as it could be patch related,

or another mod if you are running any other mods.

Edited by Gnter Severloh