Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Thanks everyone! Thanks for the mirrors!

Hi solus, thank you for new version. I consider you mod one of the best what came to Arma2 so-far. But can I have several requirements for infantry? I would like to se soldiers using more crouch position while moving in aware mode, they should stand up only in urban environment for example. Also MG gunners should never fire in standing position, beacuse they are quite inaccurate compared to lying position. Thanks again for your effort and good work! :bounce3:

I don't know why anyone would walk around crouched in aware mode and it would be very difficult to do, you can tell your people to crouch if you want though. MG gunners and snipers should go prone after seeing the enemy or firing their first shot, then they should try to stay prone.

There is a no surrender PBO, the last version had this as I don't want my squad surrending.

Can I use the old surrender PBO with the new version?

haven't had that happen where my squad surrenders.. but perhaps he should fix that or something

As regards to my previous post; no surrender is in the Options file.

Keep up the good work solus.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for the mirrors!

I don't know why anyone would walk around crouched in aware mode and it would be very difficult to do, you can tell your people to crouch if you want though. MG gunners and snipers should go prone after seeing the enemy or firing their first shot, then they should try to stay prone.

Oops, sorry I meant in Combat mode, not aware. Never mind, thanks for your answer anyway. ;)

Out of interest, what module do I disable to stop enemy AI jumping out of towers (and dying) when they detect danger?

Cheers :)

Made prone people harder for AI to see.

Which PBO is this tied too? i like to have this but remove other things, so just making sure I have the right pbo's loaded.

@Solus

first thx for this great mod wich is something i was searching for.

Iam using it for testing on our server cause iam totaly new to this mod.

i miss a hpp or other option for server to disable some things like the marker on map wich shows wounded ppl.

when do i have a knife and when not ?

if i get shot as pilot in a A10 the screen disapears for 2 sec and gets black.

is this something like a shockmoment ?

Hey Solus/guyz

Today i played a little part of the official campaign( The fight in Chernogorsk)..and i noticed my squad members cared most to "first aid" the wounded enemies-running in all places of Cherno-than to follow

my orders for "regroup" etc. :/

Edit: aah!..FYI i used SLX+VFTCAS+ACE_SM+CBA+beta (latest)

Sig: I don't think the player's group should surrender anymore unless you surrender first.

Alloc: The AIs should already crouch more often in combat mode than in default A2, I don't think it's possible to easily get them to crouch even more.

HyperU2: Thanks!

BangTail: That's SLX_AI_Dodge. I'll look into fixing it. In what situation specifically are they jumping out of towers and which towers?

mrcash2009: That's in SLX_Anim_Prone.

Muecke: Thanks!

I'll look into making those options for the wounded markers.

Knives are given to armed people at mission start (like if you have a rifle). Only works at the first spawn, not after respawning.

Yes, the blackout thing is like a shock effect when taking a heavy hit in a vehicle.

GiorgyGR: Thanks, I'll check it out!

I just tested this mod along with the latest beta. This seems to be incompatible with the beta. Game crashes everytime certain effects are displayed. You can try it out yourself, just play the first benchmark mission.

EDIT: The reason for this crash is the SLX wounding system! Could you please fix this? Thanks

Edited by Hunter123

Hi Solus, okz so i have a request!

Could you please create a script which deletes jets if they crash at high speed? and replace the deleted jet with flying debris?

Im sick of the jets just boucing on the ground lol

Just for the record I also cannot load SLX because of the ' Include file @SLX\SLX.hpp' error message and I have done everything suggested by various people in this thread.

BangTail: That's SLX_AI_Dodge. I'll look into fixing it. In what situation specifically are they jumping out of towers and which towers?

Im pretty sure I tried disabling that and they were still doing it. I'll check it again this afternoon.

The situation is that I am sneaking up to a base and when the guys in the tower and a sniper on a chimney detect me, they try to move and subsequently fall to their deaths. I am using dostop etc and they stay put using A2/GL etc. It's only when I enable SLX that they start the suicide jumps.

EDIT : Tried it again without 'AI dodge' and they are still jumping when they detect me.

Edited by BangTail

Good evening,

I just did some tests with AI on a small road in the woods near Tulga. I placed an enemy T72 near the road and a M1 (Squadleader) with some inf should clear the road up the hill from the seaside. The tank and its inf squad moved slowly up the hill on the road, until they discovered the T72. Instead of attacking the T72 , the M1 (and the inf) retreated and the tank moved nearly all the way back to the sea. The tank then returned, and moved back again??? I made the same test with only a M1 coming up the road, and it moved to the T72 and destroyed it. Why does the tank behave differently?

Edited by -=Firewall=-

Good evening,

I just did some tests with AI on a small road in the woods near Tulga. I placed an enemy T72 near the road and a M1 (Squadleader) with some inf should clear the road up the hill from the seaside. The tank and its inf squad moved slowly up the hill on the road, until they discovered the T72. Instead of attacking the T72 , the M1 (and the inf) retreated and the tank moved nearly all the way back to the sea. The tank then returned, and moved back again??? I made the same test with only a M1 coming up the road, and it moved to the T72 and destroyed it. Why does the tank behave differently?

you should encourage them :D

send a repro mission, I want to see if i can reproduce this

I just tested this mod along with the latest beta. This seems to be incompatible with the beta. Game crashes everytime certain effects are displayed. You can try it out yourself, just play the first benchmark mission.

EDIT: The reason for this crash is the SLX wounding system! Could you please fix this? Thanks

jep noticed that too with beta 71213. Crashes as soon as somebody is hit.

For me too. I had to stop using the Beta, because SLX>Beta :)

runs fine with 70951, but not the newer ones..

They made MLOD models cause the game to crash. Almost everything appears to need to be binarized now, which is kind of a pain but done and will be released soon.