Sign in to follow this  
Milton T. Pike

Thank you, B.I.S.; Sign if you agree.

Signed definately

The people that dont like this game just havent discovered or understood the true soul of what its about.

Think i'll sign again.

Just cause the beta's are so great they deserve another sign.

I've been very pleased with AA2 so far....

SIGNED !! Enthusiastically !

I got my prizes but due to my ID got stolen i cannot get it out from the post office LOL! Have to email BIS and ask if they can send it to a friend...

Crappy post office.

Dunno if I signed this already... but thank you Bohemia!

LOL. Tophe, I believe your signatures' been around the world several times already.. Well, aurally anyway ;) (great song BTW)

yes, Arma 2 is better than Arma 1, new effects, explosions are perfect, althought game engine and destruction engine (bulletproof materials, difference for AI to using HEAT, HE, blowing up vehicles by shooting MG in doors) is far from "military realism" < my only pain in the ***

but BIS took to heart some advices - now AK has realistic silencer, UMCS uses proper equipment, soldiers and vehicles models are super , new materials are super, many things are super

AK74, AKM, PKM, M16, M4, M249 and other weapons do not need "addon of better" cause they are realistic looking and perfect, nothing to improve :)

of course there are things to improve (AK107, RPK..., SVD is still secured weapon)

bleeding effect- wow in OFP we had to use gameplay mods, now engine has something like that

maybe gameplay mods will be no more needed and vanila game + content (models) addons are enough ;)

BIS gave us good game when it comes to gameplay and graphics (very high level) :]

i hope Arma 3 will give us proper destruction engine and patches for Arma 2 will give us FLIR and etc. :)

island is super

i hope to see OFP converted islands too :D

animals give atmosphere, building destruction is super, many many things are super

Edited by vilas

Vilas... are you OK? I mean... since when you praise BIS work? :rofl:

i always was saying BIS are super ARTISTS

artist is person who paint something

they are superb (stunning - english word?) when it comes to do model, textures...

but Wolle - make difference between 2 things:

- one thing is "this tank looks super, this car has super textures"

- second thing is "i killed tank by fire from KORD to it's commander hatch" or "i blown up car by firing in doors and care exploded" or "i killed man by one fire in leg"

those things are 2 different things

like my work , my addons, my Project 85 - it may not have super quality looking textures, but soldiers is armed with proper model of rifle , number of ribs, rivets is proper and button on pocket is in the place where it should be and pouch for magazines is valid"

Wolle - please find difference between engineer and artist - i am not artist while BIS are super artists

Arma 2 explosions are super, architecture is breath taking

i was never saying BIS is only making crap

i was saying they screwed main realism, by screwing important details, that may not be important for kids (like one addonmaker said "what is difference between right or left side, PK or PKM, who cares" or people who call everything by name AK-47 and don't care is handgrip is from wood, bakelite, black plastic etc. is there a rivet or screw...)

BIS made super environment for sure, probably if they would listen to some serious military advisors - i would not say bad word

look at PBS - i was shouting when they shown AKS74U with PBS-1 (7.62), while in released game BIS gave PBS-4 and it is good

if BIS had serious military advisors, they could reach better result of realism

but as far as i know for 90% of gamers only graphics count

i am in 10%, for me grafics was super even in Arma1, but at least in Arma2 AKS74U has proper silencer and PKM has 2 rivets on top front belt cover :)

on first preview they shown RPK with wrong butt-stock, later they improved shape of RPK stock - super that they did that

i am engineer and i simply look at other things , normal usual player looks on dirt, mud on texture and scratches painted

looking at BIS textures when i see boots steps on tank - it is super, tank really looks like from battlefield (althought T72 has DSZK)

Wolle - i was never disrespecting BIS as artists - they were always artists of higher level and Arma 2 is show of artism - architecture , nature, animals, windows of cars - all is super

but OFP community are not only usual gamers (go straight and shoot and look on visual effects) , but many of older OFP gamers are some-kind military-related persons that play only this game because of it's unique shape

if OFP2 DR not suports addonmaking - that it is unworthy :)

BIS simply has no competition since begining

Arma 2 looks super and a lot of effects are super, although if it was developed by me, tank would have NSV and soldiers would have RPG22 and AK74M and T80 and RPK would have other receiver corpus

but of course i would never do such textures even sitting month by PC, i am too impatient to paint all mud grain on cars

Arma2 is very very good game, i wish it would have material penetration, bullet proof vests etc.

and for sure M249, M240G, M16A..., AK74 - are best models and nothing to improve

i praise BIS as artist always, since OFP, but my criticism touches another area - engineering, not looking

but of course Arma 2 is much much much much better than Arma1

soldier can jump to cross small fence, soldier can bleed to death, AI cover behind corner - those things are super too

of course most visible are fire/explosions effects and quality of vehicles and Arrowhead VOLGA is super too

BIS just need military advisor to say "this scope to this rifle, this silencer to this rifle, this range for this rifle, this rifle more accuracy than that one"

for example in config there is wrong AKS74U range, yes, but i say about look of textures and models which are the best and probably there is no other game with such quality AK, M16 and other vehicles

when i look at KAMAZ - it really looks like real car, this mud on windows is something which i can post somewhere and older person may not know - is it real car photo or render ;)

if i had to judge game as game it would get 11/10, but my criticism is when it comes to "military realism"

but of course judging Arma2 as "game" may only give one answer "super"

Edited by vilas

Signed. BIS have done Best Games ever.

There is not much games that have Mission Editor or something like that.

They've done a great job!