Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mandoble,

You've got a hand here for help with an open beta, and I'm sure I'll get some of the SPARTA vets to dive in as well. Let me know if you are still looking for bodies.

HI Mando

I'm available for any beta testing as well.

Hopefully I will be able to port all this to warfare like I did in Arma.

Since it's open beta, where will the addon itself be released, armaholic? Also, will Mandoble or another group host a server with the addon running?

Im just curious why does the c130 have a 40 millimeter cannon?

HI Mando

I'm available for any beta testing as well.

Hopefully I will be able to port all this to warfare like I did in Arma.

Hey if we're going to do that again, lets not both do it independently again. :D I guess I never released officially because it was WIP, but it was fully implemented. I think i remember talking to you about it a few times. The only issues I had were AI launchers, having the capability of being later human controlled (mando has this handled in the new version), and possibly retooling the WF AI vehicle creation so that the AI launcher scripts were running on the server. Other than that, it was awesome having all those missiles flying all over. The whole point of it was to implement mando's scripts because a) they were cool and had more depth, b) because the BIS static AI launchers never worked. I did get sick of spending a lot of time typing in chat how to operate them to new people though.. my fault for not putting in some instructional hints or something.

And the very last dev update before release.

CCIP mode for free fall bombs integrated on HUD:

mma_ccip.jpg

As well as a new navigation mode where the hud displays locations, and if marked as special, in red as the "tower" present in the screenshot.

Current planes with CCIP mode already configured are:

AV8B2

Su25_CDF

Su25_Ins

GNT_B52

GLT_Falcon_MR family

GLT_Falcon_mk82 family

I wouldn't suppose it's possible to get that lovely CCIP on our beloved A10 and other GBU carrying aircraft too would it? There's not always a laser... :p

Oh, and about the CCIP itself? SWEEEEEEET. :D :D :D

That is phenomenal!

So how does it work, fancy calculations based on speed, altitude etc? Or does it simply override the default bomb drop simulation and fix it so that it will hit the general indicated area?

Knowing your math skills i bet its the first one. :D

Uglyboy, CCIP on HUD is MP way friendly and lag free, yep.

oktane, yep, the first one ;)

SimonC, A10, AV8B, F35, and some F16 variants equipped with LGBs have LGBs mando cameras with onboard laser designator, so you dont need CCIP for these. Vengeance posted some pics of these before. CCIP is there just for planes using plain free fall bombs. Of course you can create custom modes for A10, etc to be able to use the LGBs in CCIP mode too (creating and customizing modes is way easy).

And the very last dev update before release.

Goodo :)

My Subs are likely not far behind then either.

You are doing an addon version right?

wOOt! aBooYA! And other noises of merryment!

Congratulations Mandoble. CCIP in Arma. Never thought I'd see the day.

Oh very nice! good day for pilots :P

It should be a good day for Mando too, but I don't think an FTD bouquet is quite the ticket. Although Mando's open beta isn't yet out (sometime today?), people like Mando, the ACE2 team, and others deserve some hardcore kudos, more than we can offer from a stack of smileys and 'huzzah's' on the forum (though still part of the necessary praise given how we communicate). For pouring god-awful amounts of time into flushing out this game for other players without the talent or dedication to do the same, and for lack of a budget to send Mando a check for his time...

'Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!'

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Mission makers rejoice! Mandoble has been really hard at it, not only adding new features but tweaking and improving the ease of use of existing functions. This creates a large documentation burden which I thought I would help with in a little way by illustrating how players can create persistant MMA key binds...

mma_binds.jpg

Hi

First, thank you Mandoble for this outstanding mod. Elegant work indeed :yay:

I have one issue - I always use reversed mouse i.e pulling the mouse towards me to move the POV up & vice-versa. So I find controlling the UAV POV very tricky, especially if trying to target. Is there any way to reverse the mouse in the UAV?

TIA

Carl