Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

MMA 2.35 conversion to ArmA2 has started. So far it seems the required conversion time will be less than expected :) while some problems with missing particle types for the smoke trails, launch FX and detonation effects might take more time to get fixed (I dont know where these types are hidden in A2).

See the first MMA 2.35 ArmA2 test in action here working with a default AH1Z and using some TV systems for onboard sidewinders (IRST) and Hellfires.

SWO-YWsyYpA

Update 15 August

Automatic missile launchers and countermeasures are working well too :)

Here is an example of ArmA destroyer armed with two automatic missile launchers, a SAM and a SSM fighting against enemy planes and ships in automatic mode.

tRhd8Bqnd7g

Dev update August 19 :)

MCC is now working well in ArmA2, as well as a more advanced version of the MMC TV systems. Torpedoes are working too with new particle effects, flares effects changed to ArmA 2 flares FXs, Missile Lab mission ported and working well too, also Vikhr TV cameras (AA and AG modes) and missile included (laser guided so you always need to keep the lock, inmune to flares, but quite small boresigh horizontal angle and pretty poor maneuverability).

See here the A2 MMC system in a stealth planes test mission. A LAV25 is used here to simulate a HAWK SAM launcher (MMC system). The SAM can detect, lock on and track the Harriers, but the F35B remains invisible to radar (for this mission its class was added to the stealth types array).

You may see also some automatic flares in action. The MMA flares are effective only if dropped inside correct range and aspect angle with the incomming missile, else the missile will ignore them. The missile might also reacquire the target after passing through the flares clould (as seen in the last seconds of the video) if the original target is still inside muissile's active detection cone.

9d_sYOHmfMU

Dev update August 25

Now the MMC TV systems admit any custom backgrounds (paa files). Raptor6 provided an outstanding MFD with fully working buttons. You may also use F keys to use the button's options.

The camera has also two new red arrows to indicate max track probability arc for the missiles, so if you fire with the target inside that arc the hit chances are maximum. Firing outside that arc will result in most cases in a miss. In next example for Vkihrs missiles that arc is quite limited, so you need to ensure the target is well in front of the Ka52. Of course you can adjust this arc for each missile type you customize.

A navigation map and a help htm file have been added too and are accesible from the camera. You can use the map to order the AI pilot (if any) to move the chopper to the desired position or just shift-left click with the camera center over the desired terrain position.

8bji9mQsxOs

Edited by Mandoble

Looking fantastic mate, real happy to see this essential system coming to A2! Great work :)

If you don't mind me suggesting something cosmetic I think the TV system would benefit from some post-processing desat/grain and/or a surround/bezel to make it more camera than crosshair if you know what I mean. But functionally brilliant! People are hanging out for more completely modelled air-power in ArmA 2.

Hi Defunkt,

what you see there is a raw conversion from the beta TV system of MMA 2.35 for A1, so I do not consider this camera final at all, I'm quite open to any suggestion.

Your suggestion about post-processing effects seems quite interesting, but all of these are new for me. I will need to experiment a bit before applying any of these and any help on this matter will be warmly welcome :)

I was also planning to surround the camera area with a control that can be customized with a texture with transparencies, so that the inner part would be the camera (3/4 of current area) and the rest might be covered by a paa simulating the instrument panel aera surrounding the camera. But I'm null when it comes to bitmaps, textures, etc :(

maybe you should replace all your calls for hint to hintSilent, will keep you sane during testing ;)

Gotta say :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Welcome to the A2 fold Mandoble !

Just need to get ready for any beta tests that you need carrying out. You know where I am.

Edited by Kremator

Missed this for ARMA, but wow... This looks really impressive - It will no doubt make aerial combat more enjoyable!

GoOB,

It was the dog's danglies of scripts/addons. Made the pilots job a lot more pleasurable (and DEADLY - if used against you !)

Just wait until you see the Mando Bombs suite ... it will knock your socks off !

Hi Mandoble,

I have a MFD (multi-function display) paa that I have ready in CS3, and was currently waiting to try and implement it into the OH-58, and try to make a code to use some shortened versions of the weapon systems. I think I have too many ideas and not enough knowlegde LOL. Anyways, If you need a blank version or paa of it, even to just look at for an example, I'd be glad to send it your way.

Love the work btw, forgot to mention that.

Thanks Raptor, as soon as I have the new background control implemented I'll contact you to test your MDF. The idea is to have a paa with the center (MDF) area transparent, which will be the visible area for the camera. Anyway I plan to implement it so that the users can set their preferred backgrounds as will, just adding a parameter to the script which might be "" (for no background) or the name of an existing paa in the mission folder.

nice work as always Mandoble ... can't wait to get it :)

Automatic missile launchers and countermeasures are working well too :)

Here is an example of ArmA destroyer armed with two automatic missile launchers, a SAM and a SSM fighting against enemy planes and ships in automatic mode.

tRhd8Bqnd7g

EDIT: More than probably a first beta will be available next week, while do not expect too much documentation about the new features :p

Edited by Mandoble

Awesome mate!

Request: torpedo scripts working and PBO addon version available :D

(needed for another ArmA1 to ArmAII project)

Thx

Gnat;1407544']

Request: torpedo scripts working

Hey Gnat,

to test the torpedo and ASROC scripts I would need a torpedo object, do you have any for ArmA2?

the mu90 addon works in Arma 2.

I have ported GNATs subs and their torpedoes work

That's true, mu90 works well in ArmA. The part that is missing in ArmA2 is "\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\watereffects\watereffects" for the water trails of the torpedo.

I have reenabled them by using the \Ca\Data\cl_water.p3d as a substitute of that missing model.

Works quite well

Alternatively, \Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal.p3d could work also.

cl_water is more white, universal is more blue

Both of them look well

Mandoble, I'd love having a RUM-139_VL-ASROC with your mando missiles.

Hope to see your script magic soon

Edited by mankyle

Thanks Mankyle, using CL_water would ensure compatibility, but \Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\watereffects\watereffects was far more reallistic.

Do you know the shapename parameters of Universal for the watereffects?