Sign in to follow this  
gromov

Patch 1.04 suggestions

They must change some little bug with chopper like these :

In KA52 you can't choose HE ammo yourself when you are alone in the chopper, just the IA gunner could do that...very boring when you are alone in Multi.

In UH1 when you want to use the gatling when you are alone, there is just 1 of the 2 gatling who fire, the other one just shoot when an IA is in.

Please change the problem with score ! In multi, if you use an ennemy vehicule, you loose point just because the game think you are making friendly fire...

Why don't use an option who could permit to the gamer to set the tracers available for all the other gun, just for fun, it will be very nice in a night battle ?

For the UH1, it's because the crew chief slot is the only gunner position on the Venom that is controlable via Manual Fire remotely. Personally I am fine with this since if you are planning on engaging targets, ground or air, you really only need one of those guns, since you should only be really going after lighter targets anyways (you can go after heavy targets with those hydras you're carrying, but that's your ass if you do).

As for the KA 52, I think it's just keeping a single person from having too much power without a gunner. If you are in a multiplayer game that actually has a good deal of people, I seriously doubt all of them would turn down a chance to be your gunner, just ask a few times. This game is about teamwork, not lonewolfing in one of the more vicious attack choppers in the game.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Suggestion:

Make the binoculars the same way as the laser designator. Able to click mouse to bring up and down the binos.

Alex

At one point I could of swore they did that...then I realised it was because I tend to use laser designators as binocs, and rarely realise it when I don't :P

Please for the love of God get rid of the "mouse click action menu". This wasn't present in OFP or ArmA 1, and falling out of helicopters when attempting to engage a target has finally stopped being funny.

Middle mouse button and Enter have been sufficient since 2001, and resulted in far fewer helicopter crashes.

The question is not to know if this game is a lonewolf game or teamwork game. In multiplayer it's impossible to play with another player in a plane or chopper (lag, no com, no the same idea...) it's not a real life otherwise you could applicate this opinion for all the other problem on arma...If you can't change HE ammo because it's too much power, don't use chopper in a mission. It's some bugs not forgoten things from bohemia. In OFP or Arma you could change ammo, fir with all MG, and you coul drive and shoot while driving...:D

1. Editor: Icons that match real world size.

2. Backpacks go by weight+slot size.

3. Removal of reflections of the outside world on the inside of tank walls.

4. Lighting inside tanks and air planes could do with a good tweak. People look like Jesus resurrecting (glowing) and the general interior feels like I am still outside and not inside a machine.

5. The AI needs to react (most of the time) in a realistic manner. (This should be in a thread of its own)

6. PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION

7. Improvement in AI vehicle pathfinding (I can only imagine how difficult this must be, especially in forest areas)

8. Make Russians say ,"AH my LEG" in Russian and not in American English.

9. Surprise us with some added content :P

4. chicky soldierettes. not necessarily as front line troops, but could be included as transport drivers etc

As a female player I would like to have female soldiers also in front line troops (before we start a discussion about this pls watch movies like "G.I. Jane" or think about the Russian Troops or the Female Resistance Fighters in World War II).

In OFP you was able to select a female soldier on the russion side, (sry have forgotten her name).

At least it would be nice to be possible to select a female voice like in Armed Assault (Voicename: Amy).

It would be a nice present for all the (5 :p) female players like me.

In ArmA 2 all Voices on highest pitch sounds like a man who lost his "best bodypart" :D.

It would be a nice present for all the (5 :p) female players like me.

5? no, thats definately wrong. 7 minimum...my wife and her girlfriend are playing as well :p ...and god damit they are pretty good..:D

That tail woobling of planes really needs a fix. And a separate throttle configuration for helicopters.

-Remove autolock completely, or fix the issue where javelins or laser designators or whatnot don't lock on targets at the harder difficulties

-Add zoom to M24 and M40 sight's

-Spotter needs equipment that are actually capable of spotting something too :P

-fix the horrible soundbugs caused by patch 1.03

-AI sometimes dies when spawns in water, even just at anckle depth

-AI won't engage light armored targets (apc's) with M2 or Mk.19, or their eastern variants

-granades still explode on impact when they hit vegetation

-aircraft could really use some flares ;)

-numerous graphical, AI and other bugs, campaign still not quite playable -performance optimization in place too

-want true draw distance, beyond that magical, little over 1000m mark, where everything starts to disappear :)

I believe in you BIS, you'll get there someday, we've still got a long ways to the perfect mil-sim :) keep up the good work.

Not contrails. While they are similar, contrails occur at very high altitue.

Wing tip vortices are small trails of vapor that occur at any altitude during sharp maneuvers. (*see the F-16 in the clip below). There were some screenshots floating around the forum (one of the beta testers perhaps) that showed the current default aircraft (no mods) already displaying the effect. The pictures were removed.

Two actually. Have a look North East of the big castle....and on the river above the power station

....volumetric clouds?? Are you folks seeing those?? Or is that something that also didn't make it through beta. I'm sure not seeing them..

Edited by W0lle
removed quoted video

Optimise the game, thats all that matters, I get 75fps but when I go near water it goes down to 25fps and down to even 5fps when near the main city (flying over it in a Jet), this is utter rediculasness that the buildings are so full of errors.

All of the above, and

M16A4 with m203 AND AIMPOINT

How did this get missed?

Also add some new variants of the weapons already in game, eg. M40A3 without camo, G36C + eotech, mp5 with aimpoint, AK107 + supressor etc.

Shouldnt prove too much of a nuisance =)

Hi

I would like to see dispersion increase on hand guns, countermeasures and a must better Multiplayer code.

I never had try ARMA, have it a better Multiplayer code?

Regards

Remove heavy damage/fatality from relatively small drops (8-10 ft). I fell 30 ft onto concrete as a kid and yeah it hurt, but was hardly fatal. Perhaps add a stunned effect such as a temporary rolling on the ground in pain or something.

Fix the mouselag. All other issues are worthless if there's a great deal of people who can't even play the game without massive mouse lag. Some people choose to ignore it, but I can't play with it.

I want the language selection option to be opened. My early-bought german game is only mod'ed to english and this is causing problems at some servers.

Just fix:

1. Problems with game crashing in Multiplayer

2. Singleplayer save crash bugs

3. Endless "receiving..." bug

Because you need to make game playable before fixing some cosmetics that are mantioned by OP.

Edited by Path-x

....volumetric clouds?? Are you folks seeing those?? Or is that something that also didn't make it through beta. I'm sure not seeing them..

As bootneckofficer stated, you need to add the weather module to your mission to get volumetric clouds. It's very simple to add.

I've tested it in a few MP missions and I can't see any performance hit to the server. The pilots sure seem to enjoy it, so it's going up on our next clan Domination build for testing.

*How about we get some sounds inside the Su34 cockpit?

*Menus for the folding wing/blade animations

*Fix the turning radius on the C-130

*Menus for cargo door (Osprey/C-130)

*Wingtip vortices effect

(These are not "mod" topics....all of these objects, scripts, sounds, actions are ALREADY in the default game, just disabled or unfinished)

Edited by Thirdup

fix the text lines, they are way to far up the screen, now the text gets in the way of the sights and command box etc ....lower it back down

-Enemy ai can see through vegitation/bushes/trees and smoke! EVEN buildings somtimes

-The stars are way too bright on the NVG, with the stupid auto adjust they are useless.

-Flares mess the hole nvgs up with flickering black ground textures.

-still get black squares on some destroyed vehicles

-Wtf Countermeasures and warnings for helis and planes.... modern planes have them why cant the game, go the expense of making the realistic star positions of the time of year but yet cant give something important and actually realistic.

-Rudder still goes mad on the f35, harrier gets even worse at speed over 500

-fix the smoke grenades back to original

-fix the ai so they are not as easy like in patch 102

-Fix the crackling sound now developed via patch 103

-Fix sounds stop playing (eg: you use FFAR's to suppress a position - your chopper engine sounds stop until the explosions stop)

-the laser designator battery to goto were your map and compass are in your kit instead of taking up space for a grenade

-zoom is on by default in some vehicles lav hq when turning out is noticeable, have to numpad enter to get back to normal

-when in multi player, pilot in a chopper on his own with manual fire enabled, a gunner gets in and fires main guns/rockets but is not visible or damaging to the enemy [this on the cobra do not know about any other combat chopper]

- Fix AI gunner that will override your choice of weapons

-whats the turn off/on hud on the mh60 about?

-C-130 taxi radius needs to be reduced

-Fix Artilery Module (Esp for MLRS and GRAD)

-Gps is displayed when turned out of amour, but not inside.

-Mk48 0 is missing the centre bit from the corsair

-red dots/holo sights are useless because too blurry n bright its like they have their own light source!

Would be good to have:

-dynamic throttle on the choppers

-why cant the harrier have the same Vtol attributes as the f35

-we miss the Apache and Chinnook - came in a patch update in ofp

-when will the 3D editor be usable

-in the editor some things just have blank selectables in objects and sound for example

-a mic adjustment menu for in game voip!

-fix the medic modules so we can use them in MP.... this was the best feature of the game and its been taken out really...

-a button to scroll up previous chat.

-the animations that are embedded in the c130 and osprey to be usable

-More silenced weapons

-Wingtip vortices effect

Edited by Simon_M

Fix the smoke grenades, they're damn near useless now.

Fix the smoke grenades, they're damn near useless now.

They are. I definately saw confirmation somewhere that they knew about this.

i need a fix for the action menu select, no more left click to activate the selection, just the default middle mouse to activate, sometime i mistake press left mouse to fire in flight while the action menu is on, and got ejected,