Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

I have tried to read the patch feedback thread, however the thread is way too long and disorganized for my busy and systematic brain. :) That is why I start this Patch 1.02 Satisfaction and Stability Surveys.

I will leave comments enabled for now, but please, keep your comments short and factual. The purpose of this poll is to check how the patch has dealt with major issues. I will open another survey shortly about the general satisfaction with the patch.

So we do the same as above for 1.03

It's fixed a lot, there's a few things still annoying me but it's not new stuff, and I'm sure you'll get around to patching it eventually; most stuff I can't even remember, stuff that doesn't even matter.

Though the AI are a lot more realistic and respond to being sniped realistically now, and at 1000+ meters they can't instantly know where you are and kill you with an AK74, this made my day.

I'm experiencing stuttering with the new patch, running xp32, did not have it before, Nvidia 8800GTX, 2 GB, x2 6400+

I get a 4 second hang every 60 seconds in Chernarus. I'm reinstalling ArmA2 with the 1.02 patch as I write this.

E6600 @3ghz , 4870X2 2g with 9.7 drivers , 2g ram , 22 " lcd (upgrades under way) .

Awsome .. keep up the improvements please, Ta

texture and lod jumping from very low to high seemed worse when running around the capital

ati crossfire continues to have artifacts though that's probably a catalyst issue

Now stut ... stut .... stuttering ! Wasn't before. Hard drive all defragged too.

Running Win7 (64 bit Ultimate), core i7 920 OCd@3.9GHz, 6Gig RAM, ATI 4870 (512Mb) cat 9.7, 1Tb hard drive, 1680x1050 (all Very High except PP off, Shadows off, AA low)

EDIT: Confirmed a real drop in FPS with new patch using Arma2Mark. With 1.02 I was getting a consistent 4200-4300 marks, with 1.03 I'm down at 3000. Wonder what went wrong with performance ?

Edited by Kremator

-Flares mess the hole nvgs up with flickering black ground textures.

-still get black squares on some destroyed vehicles

Also still get crashes to desktop :(

Edited by Simon_M

I can´t even install the patch, it´s saying "There´s no ArmA2 installed or it might be broken"...German Retail Version, flawlessly patched four times (1.01Beta/1.01Final/1.02 1st and 2nd Built) with zero mods/addons and still working an now patch 1.03 comes with this strange message.

The same happens on my dedicated server, which is just an 20hours uploaded copy of my 1.02 PC-Version. Now i can´t update anything but both runs fine in 1.02 and it seems like i´m the only person in the world having this issue.

I can´t even install the patch, it´s saying "There´s no ArmA2 installed or it might be broken...The same happens on my dedicated server, which is just an 20hours uploaded copy of my 1.02 PC-Version.

The message means that patch did not find info about arma2 instalation in registry.

Edited by Armored_Sheep

Patch 1.03 is giving my Nvidia drivers a bad time, vista is reporting them recovered more and more, even threw in a new nasty bluescreen for me.

Gonna play around with it some more, running 190.38 drivers and Nvidia 3D vision 1.10. Didn't have any of these problems with 1.02. Other than that framerate is the same, 15-20 on high. Have error reports if requested.

EDIT: Fixed, the nvidia drivers that came with the 3D vision pack were the problem. Got the stand alone version installed now and everything works fine. I am also happy to report a 10 FPS increase on high, bringing the total to 25-35.

Edited by Darkminions

Thx for the info but now the patch on the server says "Wrong CD Key". This is getting better all the time. Of course i have a legal copy of the game. Besides that on my PC that Registry-Key you´ve removed meanwhile and some more entries (regarding the installation key i guess) are still present but it still won´t install. Is my CD-Key kind of blacklisted or what is happening here?

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

After installing 1.03 ARMA2 randomly crash/exit to desktop while playing online and i got that 2sec lags mainly in COOP missions ... that both did not happen with 1.02 :confused:

Thx for the info but now the patch on the server says "Wrong CD Key". This is getting better all the time. Of course i have a legal copy of the game. Besides that on my PC that Registry-Key you´ve removed meanwhile and some more entries (regarding the installation key i guess) are still present but it still won´t install. Is my CD-Key kind of blacklisted or what is happening here?

I removed part of my post because I found that it will not help you. You need proper key in registry not just the instalation path. The only chance on dedi server where arma2 is not installed is copy new complete addon files from some arma2 patched instalation.

OK. If i could just patch the game on my pc, i would just do that. But the patch-installer says that the game is not installed while it is although it runs fine and i´ve already applied four earlier patches successfully.

Here is the registry information, is there anything wrong or missing?

Edited by Dwarden
not so wise post key unaltered in public

seems ok but dont post the key section unaltered :)

Sorry, thought it was already displayed in a useless manner. Well, guess i gonna reinstall the game three hours now and afterwards uploading it another 20hours with 1Mbit to my server.

Please don´t release any more patches for this game as a i´m gonna spent more time installing and uploading than actually playing. Sorry, but i´m really disappointed...

BCA Cat Toaster, if I were you i'd be hoping that no one saw your posted registry key and now has a key to your game....

And to the BIS Dev's, well done on the patch and thanks for fixing so many things.

I think people have to understand that developing for the PC platform is VERY HARD... there are literally thousands of configurations and differences which have to be accounted for.

At least BIS are patching and releasing patches quickly, before long we wont have games like ARMA2 on PC... we might not have any games on PC.

Yapa

Thx for your really helpful advise and help with my problem Yapab. I´m really interested in a solution. If buying another copy of the game would save my hours of sparetime i´ve to spent now to get things up running i would buy just another two copies!

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

BCA Cat Toaster, how many times have you re-installed the game? I'm not sure about the copy protection used here but you might have actually used up your installs and will need to contact Securom or the copy protection company to unlock your key?

Do you have the DVD version or a downloaded version?

Yapa

I'm now getting 4 second hangs every min now in game. everything stops: game, sound etc. but it's not my system because A. it didnt do it ever on 1.02 B. music from itunes (which i always run) also doesnt stop. Great one bohemia! I pay £25 for you to then make the game unplayable. cheers. Although i do still love the game but i have just lost a little faith in a company who have been making military sims for 8+ years in which two of those games are VBS which is sold to militaries around the world.

Sort it out, you are good at what you do just prove it!

BCA Cat Toaster... cant believe you posted your cd-key here omg carefull think before you do something like that

Danny... what version of windows are you running?

tell me one thing... if you go under device manager

then under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controler

then under Primary IDE Channel Or channel 0 (depending on your OS)

Double click it (primary IDE channel)

Go under Advanced Settings

And tell me what is your current transfer Mode

If you see PIO mode, then thats your problem... ill tell you how to fix it.

Similar to BCA Cat Toaster I'm getting an error message when I try to run the .exe

"ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted."

I've got the UK retail version. Game is obviously installed and is running fine - apart from the standard issues - and is patched to the updated 1.02

Please advise.

:(

I will say this, the campaign, single as well as mutilplayer missions have been resolved for me as far as crashing to desk top go as well as load times/progress; but now im starting to get stuttering when flying around in the chopper sometimes, Not all the time but its enough to piss me off...