Sign in to follow this  
-Sof-Jacksonfive

1.03 Performance

Has 1.03 Improved your performance  

514 members have voted

1. 1. Has 1.03 Improved your performance

• Yes, i notice improved performance
    • No, there is no visable difference
    • 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

Are you still able to load your hosted game? I get this message to, but after clicking OK, i'm still in the lobby screen and am still able to press the start button to load the game.

I've just tested all my clan's custom maps and they all get this error. Clearly we'll have to adjust the maps to fix this issue, figuring out how is the first hurdle. But the patch is only a few hours old.

Yes all the maps do work after bypassing the error message, but it's not really acceptable as a solution.

No performance improvement for me. Orange trees and bushes still cause 10-15 fps drop when zooming in on them, the major towns still kill performance. I can put up with bugs, but that on top of crappy performance is the straw that breaks the camel's back. :(

My frames don't seem to be any higher, but seem to be a little more consistent (although I might be imagining this). However, I get pauses of one or two seconds every now and then, regardless of what's happening on the screen. They seem to be every minute and a half or so. Weird thing is, this only started today, last night when I tested it, it ran perfectly.

I've lost a little in the fps department, but I've noticed that even though my framerates are lower, where previously 25 fps was pretty unplayable, I now find 16 fps playable (noticeable frame skip but still very easy to aim and kill)

I only did 15 minutes of testing but is it just me or are you able to zoom closer when looking at the map?

I've just tested all my clan's custom maps and they all get this error. Clearly we'll have to adjust the maps to fix this issue, figuring out how is the first hurdle. But the patch is only a few hours old.

Yes all the maps do work after bypassing the error message, but it's not really acceptable as a solution.

For singleplayer custom missions, all I did was resave and re-export them in the editor. Ever since 1.03, I would always crash to desktop (both in mp and sp) before I resaved my missions in the editor. Now they seem to load fine in singleplayer, in MP they also load but not before getting that error message.

I'm also getting the error when loading the main campaign in COOP.

I seem to have some soundissues, sometimes the radio and overall sound has a lot of scratching like if my teammates are speaking through a radio which has avery bad signal or is broken.

Performance went up on my pc.

(gtx 285, intel q9650, intel x25-m ssd, 4gb ram, winxp pro)

A lot less texture flickering, overall it's looking pretty good and feels quite smooth. For now i'm happy.

Now all i need is a lot less work so i can actually enjoy this great game.

Dont know why people are expecting a performance improvement when there is only 1 line suggesting optimisation in the patch details.

This patch was not about performance, but about getting some of the gameplay fixed and campaign issues.

I would also love a performance patch but didnt expect to see any improvement in 1.03.

Yapa

Ain't that the truth. A patch isn't going to fix these people's hardware woes - it might slightly improve it, along with driver revisions, but imho the only way to get a smooth framerate is to purchase absolute top of the line hardware. And even then the campaign will chug at certain points.

the only two issues I am having so far with this new patch is.....

1. instant crashes to desktop with no errors.. In task manager it shows the application gone but the ARMA32bit.exe procces still running...

2. I am getting a error when I first load into a game (can't remember what it says) I think it is an issue with the new multyplayer UI that is not working for me/still looks like the old one before the patch.....

not the kind of flare your thinking of.

Damn, OFP had flares and they were really cool at night, why cant we have them again WHY???!

two things to try for the stuttering or "hitching"... defrag, properly with a decent defrag tool. and reduce viewdistance.

A bit stuttering in village. I was not having this issue with 1.02. I lowered every setting, but it keeps hesitating occasionally.

Some people are saying that the stuttering/hitching since 1.03 is due to CBA.

I have never used CBA and I still get the problem. It's only since 1.03.

1.03 is is better. Now with CFX (crossfire x4) using the arma2.exe and the 9.7cat drivers the lighting is nice and not so dark to light. Gj Bis

For me, the initial loading takes longer (when i start a mission and the engine starts cranking up the LoDs from low to high) and it stutters while loading the high LoDs, but after this is done (10-20 seconds) the game runs much smoother with no loss in quality.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

ok, dled and played it. My performance is worse. It's nearly unplayable from all the hitching. Oh, and the input commands while typing in text box bug is still there.

Very irritating to have all your things flashing up and down and your character doing a lean-seizure-dance when you try to talk in chat.

Though I suppose it's nice to still have control, for if you get shot at.

Not sure if it is the few more FPS I have, or different config, but the foliage seem more dense and detailed after patching, and the lighting seems different. Generally speaking, it looks better. Still have an occasional graphics triangle mess in cities. AI are now less aggressive, or should I say suicidal, more defensive, and at times I stumble upon them (and die). But when they engage, it's still a high pucker factor situation. Still checking everything out.

Overall good job BIS. Still needs improvements, as I'm sure you know.

Is it just me or is it impossible to get a lock with the UAV in 1.03?

It was pretty hard in 1.02 but now... I just can't!

Can anyone confirm this?

A bit stuttering in village. I was not having this issue with 1.02. I lowered every setting, but it keeps hesitating occasionally.

Try uninstalling the game, then reinstall it and apply only the 1.03 patch

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Oh, and the usual other stuff. Make sure you are not using any mods, and defrag your hard drive.

patch bring performance boost?

whats with the mlrs?? is it still without function??

markin with laser and shootin them with mlrs would be cool or with click on map for target.

Ain't that the truth. A patch isn't going to fix these people's hardware woes - it might slightly improve it, along with driver revisions, but imho the only way to get a smooth framerate is to purchase absolute top of the line hardware. And even then the campaign will chug at certain points.

No your totally incorrect. Most of us have top of the line hardware and it makes no difference it still wont run smoothly. So therefore its the games engine which is not optimized causing the performance woes for many.

And the truth is a patch can and will eventually fix these problems as they did for the original arma 14 patches later, I am just hoping we dont have to wait that long this time around.

And the truth is a patch can and will eventually fix these problems as they did for the original arma 14 patches later, I am just hoping we dont have to wait that long this time around.

Or was it that the average level of hardware in a gaming PC evolved over those 2 years/14 patches to a point where most people's rigs could run it smoothly. Yes, I've read the patch notes where they claim a 100% performance improvement in some instances, but I'm thinking that was probably for very specific hardware components/combinations? I certainly didn't see ARMA frames increase that much due to patching...

Oh well, while you keep waiting for your magical patch, I bit the bullet and got my game to run smoothly (for the most part, campaign is still a dog). All it took was a new Operating System (Windows 7), a new video card (4870x2), and a new SSD ;)

can't install 1.03 yet as waiting for server files...

Please somebody tell me that Hummvee TOWs now work properly, (i.e. they don't fly straight into the ground).

Hmm, what do you mean? With the Hummvee you have to aim the missile all the way until it impacts afaik. Never had a problem with those.

Other than the sound bug, I've found it fine (so far).