Sign in to follow this  
-Sof-Jacksonfive

1.03 Performance

Has 1.03 Improved your performance  

514 members have voted

1. 1. Has 1.03 Improved your performance

• Yes, i notice improved performance
    • No, there is no visable difference
    • 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

Agreed. With windows defrag if you have 40% defragmentation, after 1 windows defrag you'll have about 30%, if you keep defragging you'll get down to 0-1% (if you don't kill your hard drive in the process) but if you have less than 20% of disk space free then you're unlikely to get below 10% fragmentation.

btw, if you have less than 5% free space on your drive and your drive is totally defragged it'll still act like it's fragmented.

The momentary pause for me happens only in cities. Is it shuffling textures in and out? Would like to know what is causing it. Defrag did help (IOBit smart defrag). But it is still noticeable

Use O&O with the "Defrag By Name" method. You won't be sorry.

This patch definitely improved my performances, especially noticeable for Chernaruss and optic views.

I noticed a huge performance decrease. I used to be able to do anything in the editor with high fps. Now, standing in any town, i get around 20 fps and lots of lag i never got before.

I use Perfectdisk 10 to defrag. Probably the best defrag i've seen yet. Better then Auslogic thats for certain.

However, I still get a crapload of hd accessing now in large towns since 1.03. Wasn't that bad in 1.02 but man, terrible since installing 1.03. That and foliage are causing problems now. Thick grass or leaves are hitting my fps significantly.

They've apparently optimized things for some, but broke it for others in the process.

does defrag stop the constant crashes when running in SLI ?

awesome if so

About the patch yes it did help Nvidia users run the game smoother. 190.38 has made a world of difference.

I just updated my drivers to 190.38 and yes it REALLY boosted the performance in ArmA2, nice :cool:

Hopefully they work properly with my projecter.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Still 10-15 fps without any reason on low-med settings, hangs, lags, CTD's...

Maybe the reason for you low fps is your system specs, isn't exactly a super computer!

performance increased.

I am still missing LOS für AI. Trees seems for AI non existent.

Also enemy bullets find their way through massive concrete walls.

Edited by Sn@keByte

THANKS BI

After updating I now experience EVERY single bug people have been bitching about. Including, but not restricted to:

Texture Bug (I have 8 gigs of RAM and everything is now legoland of blocks)

Massive Stuttering In cities

Massive Stuttering outside of cities

CTD's every 5 to 10 minutes

I also updated to the new Nvidia drivers, but all I can say is BI can seriously go FU@K themselves as I now cant play the game at all. What the hell is BI's problem, the game was in a horrble but playable state before, now its completely useless to me. This patch seems to have completely destroyed any stability I once experienced with ARMA 2.

My Rig.

Q6700 Overclocked to 3.4ghz

8 gigs Mushkin Ram

GTX 295

Windows Vista 64bit edition

Yes the same performance as patch 1.02,had the same problems in arma 1,stuttering,low FPS,and buldings when you move are artyficial.

Please ARMA make a good patch ore the game goes to the garbichcan.

Buy al your games the 1st day when thy in the store,this is te last one i buy from Bohemian,if there is no good patch soon.This is the 2nd time now i,m pist off.

^ Exactly, Win7's defragger (and from what I've heard that in Vista as well) is perfectly fine and does a great job.

Ehh, do I have to pay for perfectdisk 10 or can I download a trial or something? Can someone please post a link? Thanks

game runs a LOT smoother for me now. Now I can run with 30 fps and everything maxed (except view distance on little over half).

Ehh, do I have to pay for perfectdisk 10 or can I download a trial or something? Can someone please post a link? Thanks

http://www.perfectdisk.com/home

30 day trial. I got the pro version to make use of the SMARTplacement feature.

I'm almost inclined to say worse performance. Still getting lots, and perhaps more chug when flying above dense forest areas. But without being able to test it for long enough before crashing to desktop, it's a little hard to be sure...

Just to show an observation,i have ArmA2 on a HDD all on its own ,nothing else.

After appying 1.02 patch i checked fragmentation with UltimateDefrag

It reported back a 20% fragmentation. :eek:

I don't know what you all are talking about. After installing the patch the hhd it's installed to is 0% fragmented en c: is 1% fragmented...and I ain't got any stuttering

My framerate dropped by the following on UTES (editor).

1.02 1.03

45 41 (standard)

29 25 (scoped on trees)

I'm not sure what do do ... for the moment at least I have 2 versions of the game with 2 shortcuts so I can switch between them.

Just to show an observation,i have ArmA2 on a HDD all on its own ,nothing else.

After appying 1.02 patch i checked fragmentation with UltimateDefrag

It reported back a 20% fragmentation. :eek:

Every file write causes defragmentation.

That's just a downside from HDD technology. SSD storage devices don't have this.

I dont see a difference, though i havent done any testing on it. Mostly because i dont see the need to. :p

I havent seen any better performance, fps wise. or less for that matter.

Windows xp 32 bit. Worked well with 1.02, unplayable with 1.03.

Windows 7. Heavy stuttering with 1.02, works well with patch 1.03.

Please post your OS and what your experience with patches has been.:bounce3:

xp 32 bit,35-40 FPS with all normal settings; and my system blows! 1.03 patch + a defrag seems a little beter then 1.02; thats just my opinion