Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

Would you like to see a WW2 Eastern Front Mod?

Would you like to see an Eastern Front Mod?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Eastern Front Mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Nazis? Most German soldiers were no nazis, and it's demeaning to say so.

I'll second that.I'm sick of ww2 germans always called n*zis!

Just hoping that the Modder's, if there will be a Mod, ar not focused @ SS or so.

Would prefer regular Wehrmacht Units.

Nazis? Most German soldiers were no nazis, and it's demeaning to say so.

Jap, that's true. My Grandpa just served for his Country. Not more, not less.

don't forget that there was no perfect media like we use today. they just had no clue!

-sry for my bad english.

Jap, that's true. My Grandpa just served for his Country. Not more, not less.

don't forget that there was no perfect media like we use today. they just had no clue!

-sry for my bad english.

No clue, i don't know, no choice, that's for sure.

C'mon guys... No clue...

I'll try to think about it next time I see one of the nice stoneboards here... Which won't be hard as there is no exageration in saying that, as many houses we have here in Warsaw, as many streetcorners and backyards...almost each has one of these;

prze2.jpg

with a simple inscription->

"This place is sacred by blood.

On this spot on [*] german soldiers murdered [**] civilians"

[*] Pick date of your choosing ranging between 1939-1944 -> there's plenty to choose from for each day of the 6years of occupation

[**] Put a number ranging from 10 to up to 500 at one time

Or when I stumble over one of the thousands of mass graves like this one while strawing through the woods..

I'll try to figure out who kept doing this for 6 long years? I suppose the nasty SS was at it, while the remaining 99% of the innocent Wehrmacht guys had simply no clue serving their country across Europe.....Turns out that the whole nation was fine, and the only Nazi who managed to mislead them was Hitler..

No offence meant for the ancestors of anyone here and such, but I just get the same emotional reaction when reading stuff like that... sorry... for the same reason no interest in playing a character with a Hakenkreuz on his shoulder...

No more no less

No explicit materials, please. See the rules. -- Franze

Edited by Franze
Explicit material

If you don't mean to offend anyone then why bring it up in such a way? :mad:

At this point today, with the glorious progress of democracy in the West, we cannot even imagine the sort of conditions present then immediately after the first World War up until outbreak again in 1939. Books come close but words are only words, who not living then could imagine what it was like?

Edited by belgerot

Theres no reason to bring politics into it. You should be playing the game for the history, tactical situations, teamwork and fun.

I'm interested in history from any side of any war, irregardless how unpopular the part of history is in present time.

WW2 is an awful long time ago, I bet nobody reading this thread was even borne at the time. Looking forward to Red Orchestra.

Edited by sparks50

Agree with it. Just talking about game itself.

Personally, Eastern or Western all are okay. If could have both, would be teriffic!

im looking forward to a WWII mod that delivers. in the operation flashpoint days thats all i played! ARMA2 WWII will definitely be a great addition in the mod community.

The i44 team is switching to arma2 too.

We will deliver a rock-solid MP experience with more detailed and more realistic tanks.

More news later.

Greetingz, Monk.

We will deliver a rock-solid MP experience with more detailed and more realistic tanks.

More news later.

Greetingz, Monk.

Fantastic!

A little wishfull thinking though... Can you please release a "proof of concept"? It doesnt need to be much, a couple of tanks, a couple of infantry, maybe a plane or two and that's it... I'm getting sick and tired of mods hogging their work for like years, releasing nothing but fancy renders and when they do everyone has forgotten what game it was about. It should involve the community... If I want to look at pretty pictures I got pr0n for that.

Please,include SP too,everyone's not into MP.

Please,include SP too,everyone's not into MP.

It will be playable in SP as well (and if not specifically tailored to SP, every MP mission is playable in SP, if you start a local server with only you on it).

And that's all for now.

"Oh and for I forget.

In the sovjet union they are producing mighty material too:

http://arma.at.ua/load/liberation_19...ami/51-1-0-863

Monk."

Just refer to your website. Really well done to those shown progress and sure the Mod would be the best for eastern front when they're released. Just a pity, I couldn't read russian at the website.

Hi there

would like to see some Winter maps in case possible. Always loved the winter scenarious in OFP.:D

regards

nettrucker

Would you like to see an Eastern Front Mod?

The words "f*** yes!" come to mind ;)

Hi @ all,

just wanna say that i really, really hope that the WWII modding teams work just a little bit together. so that there will be not 3 version's of a Panzer VI or so, you know what i mean? ;)

Greetz,

Kid

Hi @ all,

just wanna say that i really, really hope that the WWII modding teams work just a little bit together. so that there will be not 3 version's of a Panzer VI or so, you know what i mean? ;)

Greetz,

Kid

Well, that's a kind of tradition since OFP ;). But we're used to it !

I would agree with ProfTournesol there have been several atempts to co-op with other mods but i think almost all have ended in dissaster.

So there will be an pz3 from all mods and so on.

Hell yeah! Personally I'm a bit bored to all allies vs. germans stuff that has been done in millions of games and mods already. Eastern front is more fresh subject. Largest theatre of war in history deserve more games/mods. I've been waiting for this since Arma1, I even still play ofp for eastern front :) Multiplayer sounds intresting also.