Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

Thanks Yoda.

edit: Yoda can we have sounds when the server change status?

Edited by bravo 6

Thanks Yoda.

edit: Yoda can we have sounds when the server change status?

Try "monitor server" in the launch panel ;-) You'll hear my voice screech waiting when server status goes from playing to waiting.

Anyway, let's not hijack this thread.

Great program alpinestars, I'm loving it. I have a question though. The launcher finds all my mods in folders beginning with @ perfectly but when I attempt to add a folder with a mod that doesn't reside directly in the ARMA 2 folder and doesn't begin with @ it is removed automatically on the next start of your launcher.

e.g. I have a folder structure of G:\ArmA 2\x\caa1 (and G:\ArmA 2\x\oac\oac_core) which it will accept when added and show caa1 (and oac_core) in the mod list. If I "Save & Exit" then restart "ArmA II launcher" it detects a change in my mods - restarts after removing caa1 (and oac_core) from my mods list. Am I doing something wrong?

No you aren't doing anything wrong, however the system does need to remember other NON @ folders when new ones are added. Currently it doesnt do this.

Remove the 'detects folders automatically' tick and you will be fine.

The launcher should save the mods that are placed inside the game directory. Sorry, but I don't yet implemented support of mod folders outside the standards game dir.

alpinestars

The launcher should save the mods that are placed inside the game directory. Sorry, but I don't yet implemented support of mod folders outside the standards game dir.
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I can't place mods in a sub directory of the game directory the mod folder must be placed directly in the game folder with/without the @?

As far as I understand mod folder will/must be placed in game dir, e.g.

_ Games

__ ArmA 2 (game dir)

___ @RoccoFaces (mod folder)

____ Addons

___ @VopSound_2.0 (mod folder)

____ Addons

The launcher will find all folders with @ in the beginning and you will be able to add further mod folders without @, but they must be also in the game directory.

alpinestars

Why is MaxMem limited to 2048? I read somewhere something about there being some issue with setting it to use 4gigs, but i can't remember where, or what was said. Could someone in the know please give me the straight dope and add some clarification? Cheers

I notice that this is now at Version 1.0 :)

Yes, I added multilanguage support. Is there anybody who is able to translate it to French and Russian?

Thx,

alpinestars

Could you answer my question as well please?

I don't know, but I read that values over 2047 MB make no sense, because it is the maximum.

alpinestars

Having some trouble with this one. When I add a list of mods and also tag them on the Start tab all I see when I enter MP server is the first mod I have in the list.

Also, mod priority. Does High priority mean it get's loaded first or last? Like @CBA is high priority in that it needs to be loaded before other mods. But say HiFi sounds have high priority in that they need to be loaded after another soundmod so it overrides those sounds.... See what I mean? :)

Iv'e been using shortcuts for each of my mods but with so many more mods coming our way i think i'll have to use the Launcher.

Yes, I added multilanguage support. Is there anybody who is able to translate it to French and Russian?

Thx,

alpinestars

CptArmA2

I can give a try to the french translation ;)

Send me a PM.

Having some trouble with this one. When I add a list of mods and also tag them on the Start tab all I see when I enter MP server is the first mod I have in the list.

Also, mod priority. Does High priority mean it get's loaded first or last? Like @CBA is high priority in that it needs to be loaded before other mods. But say HiFi sounds have high priority in that they need to be loaded after another soundmod so it overrides those sounds.... See what I mean? :)

Start the launcher via command line with "-debug" and you will be able to see the priority (order) of the mods before starting the game.

Thx,

alpinestars

For those using CAA1 mod you can place this extra parameter in the "Additional command line parameters" field on the "Start Parameters" tab:

-mod=beta;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1

and it should work.

I couldn't really see another way to do it, so I presume it's the correct way?

-mod=beta;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1

-mod=beta is automatically set, if you activate the usage of beta executable.

I love this launcher but I wish it had a way to remember different modsets so I can quickly play different missions with the correct mods already selected.

-mod=beta is automatically set, if you activate the usage of beta executable.

Yeah that "beta" thing was left in by accident :)

Is there a way to work in a method of specifying another app to also be pre-loaded? Rather like the TrackIR preload but for specified apps. Then I can preload FRAPS each time too :)

I love this launcher but I wish it had a way to remember different modsets so I can quickly play different missions with the correct mods already selected.

It's one of the next features!

alpinestars

All,

version 1.1.0 is now released.

Fully re-designed ServerBrowser

* Realtime requests against gamespy master server

* Filter options to hide full, inactive and password protected servers

* Possibility to force an update of the server list (the list is cached 120 sec by default)

* Transparency can be set

* All options (sorting, filtering etc.) will be saved for next session

Please try it and give some feedback.

Thx,

alpinestars