Sign in to follow this  
Redfield-77

What is your favorite ARMA 2 Loadout?

Usually a DMR as it seems to be the overall best sniper rifle if you consider magazine size, power and hit ratio.

That coupled with a RPG-7 or SMAW.

Other than that it would be the PKP / Pecheneg

i must say, i have been playing some CTF, and been useing the mk 48 sop mod, that thing is quite awesome

M16A2, 3 mags, 2 satchels, SMAW w/2 HPAA, smoke grenades for evac. Never last long enough to get to the pistol. :)

There is a keybindable button for "quick' switch to handgun. I say "quick" because the animation takes so long there's no way you'll ever want to switch to your handgun. Might as well use the space for M203 grenades if your server doesn't allow a better rifle.

My favorite loadout is M107 with full ammo, because in ArmA 2 it has almost no recoil, you can use it with ease even when standing, this was not possible in ArmA 1 :) Other favorite loadout is SVD\G36 + RGP-7\AT4, classical OFP CTF loadout :lecture:

Edited by USSRsniper

Yeah the M107 is way unrealistically-easy-to-use and needs to be fixed, however it is not worth losing the AT slot in most missions.

Guest Ti0n3r

Dragunov for long range targets. It's been like that since 2001 hehe.

And the AK-107 for close and medium distance targets

I tried the whole SMAW & DMR-as-a-machinegun thing like everybody else uses and it got old very quickly.

While I might not be as "useful" to the team by playing an actual role that doesn't involve kitting several of every weapon class, I'm at least having more fun. Sometimes I'll take just an M16A2 out of spite.

And hell, I recall many instances of saving teammates asses by actually hanging back as a sniper and keeping watch over allies from off to the flank instead of rushing in like an impatient CSS kiddie because I haven't killed anything for the past 11 seconds.

Sniper is more fun knowing I NEED to displace to stay alive instead of knowing I can pull an M249 out of my ass at any time.

M16A4 with ACOG and M203, SMAW with 3 dual purpose rockets and a satchel charge.

AK107 with Kobra, 2x RDG frags, 2 smokes, Makarov PM.

M16A2/A4 with ironsights, 6 mags, 2x M67 frags, and 2x smokes. Last two slots either a satchel, a (stupidly light) rocket for the SMAW, or an M249 box for the SAW gunner.

Nothing like the good ol' rifleman, and seeing all people run around with the 'über weapons' makes me want to puke.

M16A2/A4 with ironsights, 6 mags, 2x M67 frags, and 2x smokes. Last two slots either a satchel, a (stupidly light) rocket for the SMAW, or an M249 box for the SAW gunner.

Nothing like the good ol' rifleman, and seeing all people run around with the 'über weapons' makes me want to puke.

I love the M-16 with Iron sights. For some reason at longer range Im more accurate with M-16 ironsights than a red dot. I think I got that from the OFP days.:D

DMR and M1911.

And plenty of smoke nades.

Edited by Shadz

I really like the PKP if I play for the red side, just love the sound and the green tracers. On the west side I tend to use the classic M16/M203/ACOG, DMR, M107 varieties depending on the map. Altho the scoped sights tend to get in the way in CQB.

whats DMR

Designated Marksman Rifle

Modified M14 w/ bipod, optics, adjustable cheek piece/buttstock.

Altho the scoped sights tend to get in the way in CQB.

Only when playing on expert, but unless you change your FOV in the config file the long range ability of a scope greatly outweighs the slight extra difficulty in CQB.

Also if you're not taking a 7.62 weapon, there's absolutely no reason not to have M203 with you, it's practically free. After all this is the "favorite loadout" thread not "the most realistic loadout" thread ;)

My favorite gun, hands down, is the PKP, in my opinion nothing comes close, i hardly even use it as a machine gun unless taking on many targets at close range. When im sniping i always take the PKP if on the russian side, ive become very good at ranging with it and a single shot will eliminate almost all targets at extreme ranges, and when full auto shooting in prone the scope stays suprisingly still, allowing you to spray a bushed area if your target suddenly goes out of sight. I literally worship this gun and feel depressed without it.

well, I use ace mod and i can't get enough of the m-109, m-107 in appearance but using a 25mm high velocity explosive round. at long range just hitting a vehicle or getting close to a soldier will kill or seriously injure. at close range, trying to use the scope is useless but generally just firing randomly will get your target, it fires as quickly as a aa-12 with similar explosive effects but with far greater velocity and accuracy. thats generally paired with a submachine gun.

so bassically

M-109 w/6 magazines

mp-7 or mp-5 as backup

I'm not too picky but I'd have to say just a plain old M16 is fine. I don't like ACOG sights that much for some reason and prefer to just use regular sniper sights or red dot.

In ACE, I usually go for the M4/M203/CCO, for sniping my favorite has to be the SVD.

Real M109 users shouldn't need backup :)

And if you do insist on backup I would never bother with any weapon under 5.56.