Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Patch 1.03

I've heard from some people there is an existing changelog on these forums for version 1.03. Could I get that please? My searches returned incomplete results.

• Improved airplane HUD visibility.

• Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

• Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

• Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

• Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

• Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

• Radio echo elimination

• Team switch did not work when player died

• More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

• Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

• Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1364652#post1364652

1.03 Patch log:

- Improved airplane HUD visibility.

- Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

- Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

- Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

- Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

- Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

- Radio echo elimination

- Team switch did not work when player died

- More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

- Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

- Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Bear in mind that this is a WIP patch change log. :bigsmile:

I hope for the love of god they give aircraft flares. Or, at the very least, a missile warning system. If they're hesitant because of balancing issues in PVP or something, then only enable them in Co-op (or let the server decide).

I don't think, that this are that most important fixes, we needed...hope for next patch...

1.03 Patch log:

- Improved airplane HUD visibility.

- Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

- Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

- Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

- Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

- Radio echo elimination

- Team switch did not work when player died

- More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

- Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

- Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Bear in mind that this is a WIP patch change log. :bigsmile:

I should hope so because the only fix of any significance whatsoever on that change log is the last one. The rest barely affect gameplay at all!

Alan.rio;1372105']I should hope so because the only fix of any significance whatsoever on that change log is the last one. The rest barely affect gameplay at all!

i agree.

these changes are consmetic mostly and i care the most about AI fixes.

AI shouldnt hear or see u if u r behind them.

better virtual senses for the AI.

better implementation of cover for the AI.

fixing the bug where u can't team switch if u die.

and many many more!

fixing the badlands campaign where i am currently stuck would be nice. :)

There is no such thing as American English so stop bloody using it!!!

Amen to that.

Looking foward to this patch, arma 2 needs a little bit of polish!

1.03 Patch log:

Gah, what about the rest of the map? lol

Amen to that.

Looking foward to this patch, arma 2 needs a little bit of polish!

Are you kidding me? A little bit of a polish is an understatement to say the least. And going by the fixes on that list this new patch doesnt seem to be focusing on the biggest problem with their game "PERFORMANCE"

So many people so many issues and its becoming more and more clear that it's going to take another 12 patches to make this game stable for the majority of us.

Here's a quote of the original post by placebo:

Ironic

So after tracking down a certain Mr. Spanel, I can tell you the current patch log is as follows:

Improved airplane HUD visibility.

Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

Radio echo elimination

Team switch did not work when player died

More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03, nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03

And before you ask, no current ETA besides as soon as possible

As you can read this might not be the complete list so please stop the moaning before we actually know whats going to be fixed for sure!

Btw, this thread will most likely get closed like the hundred other similar threads did ;)

I'd like to have an option to seperate the throttle and collective for more fully realised helicopter simulation :)

Hi Bis... why we humans can not see the enemy when we are hidden in the woods among the plants, while the enemy AI you seen?

I wonder, after 10 years that OFP\ ArmA \ ArmA2 this problem has not yet been resolved ... I assume you want to leave things this way? hello ... thanks

sry for my english :) bye

I wish people would stop with all the patch request threads, it wont make it come any quicker..besides which, most of the people who are demanding patches will just complain when its released 'cause what they want is not included. I think the moderators are showing a lot of patience, they could lock so many threads here instantly, but they dont..

Try to give a little back, eh people?

AI shouldnt hear or see u if u r behind them.

I happen to have the superhuman ability to hear things behind me. I can also hear through some objects.

I happen to have the superhuman ability to hear things behind me. I can also hear through some objects.

lol, touche`

Maybe the question has already been answered but... why are there still so many collision bugs in the game ?

I'm playing the single player campaign and my comrades often walk through other soldiers, or through each other, and worst of all, a lot of civilians are stuck inside doors.

It's not gamebreaking or anything, but when people ask how good the graphics are, it's a flaw I have to mention.

What is gamebreaking however is how the missions can be bugged at times, with support magicly disapearing, making the mission almost unplayable.

Maybe more than multiplayer fixes, I think that Bohemia should focus on polishing the game in general and the single player campaign. Because that's what most mainstream gamers will try first (and recommand or not to their friends), and that's what will be mostly juged in reviews.

A lot of big gaming websites and magazines stil haven't written their review, and if they give high marks, the sales will increase, especially in the case of websites like Gamespot.

I wish people would stop with all the patch request threads, it wont make it come any quicker..besides which, most of the people who are demanding patches will just complain when its released 'cause what they want is not included. I think the moderators are showing a lot of patience, they could lock so many threads here instantly, but they dont..

Try to give a little back, eh people?

I wish people would spend their time on www.dev-heaven.net reporting or voting on the Arma2 issues they want fixed, instead of mentioning them here. I jumped and screamed and screamed and did anyone from BIS listen? No. I had fanboys on my ass like flies round the proverbial.

I don't think BIS is reading what we write. I think they will sit and take it all day long as long as some fool puts money into their coffers.

I am pissed off with the game being broken, but I'm taking action to get (shame?) BIS to work on these bugs. Are you? Mind you, I have no life. Bugs make me whole.

Go vote on what to be fixed, and report any new defects you find. Tell your girlfriend you have swine flu and you won't see her for a week.

If BIS ignore the votes, then you know they really don't GAFF about what the users want.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

PS: I was one of the guys who voted for coloured flare changes in the next patch.

Heap scorn on me. Go on! lol