Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

<Phew> - I prefer mistakes to bugs :-)

Depends what kind of A&D you are talking about. The 'A&D' most easily supported by the scriptpack uses C&H as a basis so it is just a matter of getting players into an area (which may have a flagpole as a visible landmark). There's not currently a game mode that requires a team to physically carry a flag to an enemy area to win the game although you could perhaps fake it by using RUGBY with CTF_scoreToWin=1, cFlag positioned by the attacker's spawn, and the defenders 'home' flag positioned outside the play area.

ok cool. that's what I thought. had a brain fart on the rugby map. I swapped the flags and it works fine.

As far as the HUD disappearence with every respawn when the ACE 2 mode is being used, you can hit 0-0-1 twice and you get it back up. A temporary fix for the ones that cannot live without it :)

Hmm - I just tried that mission you sent me here. A few things...

1) You have added "enableTeamSwitch disable;" to init.sqf. You shouldn't need this but if you do the format is actually "enableTeamSwitch false" ;

2) DLG_DEATHCAM appears to be broken in single-player. I'll need to look at this but for the moment have commented it out.

3) With ACE2 on my machine, the mission splashscreen stays on-screen for a _huge_ amount of time (almost a minute?) before the intro plays. I can only assume that ACE is doing something in the background to cause this delay.

4) I notice the spashscreen does not take up the entire width of the screen. THis is either because you haven't updated the scriptpack to the latest version or possibly forgot to update description.ext.

5) When the intro did come up, it seemed to do the right thing - there was a little ocean section for the first few seconds as it flew around the port but that seemed correct.

A few things I can suggest..

1) Is it possible you could strip out the ACE2 objects for the purposes of testing ?

2) Then zip up the entire mission folder and send me a link.

3) If the intro is still misbehaving, perhaps you could fraps it and upload a video ?

Thx

Hmm - I just tried that mission you sent me here. A few things...

1) You have added "enableTeamSwitch disable;" to init.sqf. You shouldn't need this but if you do the format is actually "enableTeamSwitch false" ;

2) DLG_DEATHCAM appears to be broken in single-player. I'll need to look at this but for the moment have commented it out.

3) With ACE2 on my machine, the mission splashscreen stays on-screen for a _huge_ amount of time (almost a minute?) before the intro plays. I can only assume that ACE is doing something in the background to cause this delay.

4) I notice the spashscreen does not take up the entire width of the screen. THis is either because you haven't updated the scriptpack to the latest version or possibly forgot to update description.ext.

5) When the intro did come up, it seemed to do the right thing - there was a little ocean section for the first few seconds as it flew around the port but that seemed correct.

A few things I can suggest..

1) Is it possible you could strip out the ACE2 objects for the purposes of testing ?

2) Then zip up the entire mission folder and send me a link.

3) If the intro is still misbehaving, perhaps you could fraps it and upload a video ?

Thx

The splash screen fills my screen, I have updated the scriptpack to latest as well. haven't touched the description.

The mission splash screen with ACE2 looks the same as prior than ACE2 - I can't tell the difference. I have noticed that if I have a broken line in the "intro setup" of the ctfConfig, will hang up for a very long time. Easily fixable on my part.

If I do "FlyRoute" is when it looses it's mind. I fraps it. FlyRound works fine. Theory is that in FlyRoute, is looses it's coords for the objectives, and fly down to the bottom left of the map, floats over the water, spins towards the player, fly's to him, then starts.

So far, I've uploaded the ACE2/Scriptpack .pbo missions to my clan, and they are enjoying them with no ill reported effects.

oh the team switch, I don't recall touching that, but I'll check.

I have to change operating systems to get fraps to run correctly and will edit this post with linkage.

thx.

Forgive me for the interruption, but what is ACE2? How and where to get it? If there is a place where it is explained in details, just point me there, please.

I noticed that I was not able to joined some servers because I did not have that "mysterious" (for me, of course) ACE2.

Thank you

K

Forgive me for the interruption, but what is ACE2? How and where to get it? If there is a place where it is explained in details, just point me there, please.

I noticed that I was not able to joined some servers because I did not have that "mysterious" (for me, of course) ACE2.

Thank you

K

ahhhh grasshopper..... prepare thyself.

here's the best link. This mod changes the entire game towards realism, and adds a TON of new vehicles and game play.

sbmac: here's a link to my missions site. The fraps was a huge file so it's not included with this.

wow...so many new words; I have no idea what they mean, lol. But have to start somewhere, don't I?

One question, though - can I go back to the initial ARMA2? or can I keep both? I don't know how it works.

Thank you Lughnut.

K

Edited by Krout

wow...so many new words; I have no idea what they mean, lol. But have to start somewhere, don't I?

One question, though - can I go back to the initial ARMA2? or can I keep both? I don't know how it works.

Thank you Lughnut.

K

sure, it's really just a mod in essence. should discuss it in another forum though. but most server are going to run it when it comes out of beta. :yay:

Hi mac, a question on Friendly Tags (i.e. CTF_iff=true). In making my Attack & Defend Training missions (GAMEMODE_COOP) I noticed that the tags showed up on enemy factions. I haven't fully tested on multiplayer PVP, but wanted to throw this out there while I had it fresh in my head. I could be wrong (wound;t be the 1st time, lol), but there may be something needed for coop and CTF_iff to prevent tags on AI.

just confirming that ACE2 did break the hud in regard to scoring, you have to toggle it off, then back on again to view em. It's like ACE reloads it's default hud on every death.

Well, it's almost Christmas... Rather than spend my time sipping port in front of a roaring fire with the wife and kids waiting on me hand and foot, I decided to learn about C# to give you all an early present. Here are some early results...

sPEEFGQyPdM

If you want to try this out, the install link is at http://www.armaleague.com/pvpmissionwizard/bin/setup.exe Ignore the first bit of the video that talks about setup.exe, it's already out of date.

REMINDER - this is a beta, don't blame me if it blows up your computer, burns down your house and runs off with your wife! ;)

If you want to enter into the festive spirit and help out, I could really do with some assistance in improving the various bits of text on the various pages (particularly the new mission template descriptions). Also I'm a bit short of illustrative videos for the various features - feel free to upload something and send me a link so I can add it to the proggy :)

Ho Ho Ho....

Edited by sbsmac

Will give it a try. Thanks for being persistent mac. I never learned C# before, but I would assume it is close to C+ :cool:

V3.03 now released for users of the PVPMissionWizard.

Fixes a problem where CTF_iff identified enemies in MP mode.

Damn matey... have to say thats a cracking job you have done on the pvp wizard.... i have updated my mission, it took me about 2 mins.. lol.. so easy.

I have a problem with the guns-marker. I placed a marker called "guns" (without "") in front of me but the ammo box doesn´t exist. Did i something wrong?

Hi Mac - please refer to my latest Feature request regarding penalizing players who leave the gameplay area: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7498

May be something of worth for 3.03. If you need an example of what this looks like in game, I can record myself using the ARMA 2 demo in a TDM session. Leaving the zone distorts the screen a bit, but gives you enough know how to get back in the gameplay area. May be a key feature for designers bud and in my opinion is the next step to PVP perfection :-)

Thanks for the information.

But under Marker Ranges the marker "guns" is still listed. Should be edited:)

First few lines of the manual....

"About this Document

This is an open document which means that anyone can edit it by following this link. "

Honestly, I wish I had time to write the scripts, test all the gamemodes, create the wizard, test the wizard, and update the manual myself but I don't :) I'm very lucky to have had some excellent assistance on the testing and gamemode design front from people in this forum. If you'd like to help improve the manual I would be truly grateful :)

Hi everyone ,

i want to use the ACE2 Medic System in a AAS map that i build.

Map works fine with no problems but the Ace2 Menue doesent pop up when i press "right windows" key.

in all my other missions the Medic Modul works without problems, so i think its something with the pvp script.

:confused:

any ideas ?