Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

>I do have 1 slight issue and that is to get the compass and watch to display.

Ah - that'll probably be because I reworked the initial loadout code to remove all 'items' from the player. I'll have to go back and add watch and compass manually. I can't see any reason why missions designers would NOT want to give players access to the watch and compass so I will make this the default.

V3.00 now released

A very special thanks to KadinX, TomAnger and AceofSpades for their testing of this which helped me tremendously. Also the teams in www.armaleague.com who have been busy stressing the CTF scripts !

3lwp4KiluPE

* IMPORTANT - the manual is now an open google-doc at http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg9863vb_8cmnwqh26 and can be edited by anyone who wishes to improve the documentation.

* IMPORTANT - guns/rockets/allWeapons markers no longer work and have been replaced with a more flexible 'ammo' marker scheme. See the manual for details.

* IMPORTANT - paradrops have been significantly reworked and allow halo, as well as ground-level teleporting to objectives, dropzones or other areas with flexible configuration. See the manual for details.

* In rugby mode multiple scoring flags can be used. The 'score' keyword can be used to assign different scores to them and they can be named.

* CTF_antiShake can be used to stop players aim deteriorating when the are wounded.

* CTF_antiCamp can be used to put tags above campers heads.

* Quick-grenade select feature allows grenades to be chosen with a tap of the 'salute' key, smoke-grenades are selected with a double-tap of the salute key.

* Spawnkillers are now blinded rather than blown-up.

* CTF_disableFriendlyFire can be used to blind Tk'ers and resurrect their victims.

* Time of day dialog now available in MP lobby.

* Splashscreen now uses entire screen size.

* PreventDamage markers now work on vehicles and objects.

* Safezones are created between the edges of minefields and and dropped flags so that they can be retrieved.

* Flags are automatically returned/picked up if a player stands over a flag-runners body for 10 seconds.

* Border and minefield markers are now invulnerable and are placed accurately.

* Fixed bug where spectator script could lock up if watching a body that was deleted.

* 'Hidden' keyword can be used to hide objectives from map and hud.

* TDM team scores are now based purely on kills and persist even if players leave the game.

* CTF_deathPenalty can be used to subtract points from a player every time they die.

* flagheight keyword can now be used in objectives to place flags on top of buildings.

* CTF_objectiveCaptureScore can be set to 0 to stop players gaining score when holding objectives.

* Timer in HUD now shows 'unlimited time' or 'waiting for players' as appropriate.

* CTF_flagTouchDelay can now be used to set the delay between taking the flag and scoring a touch.

* DLG_RESPAWNLIMIT can be used to limit the number of player respawns.

* CTF_disableCommandMode can now be set false if you really do want to be able to use command-mode in a game.

* The flag now returns to the pole when players leave the playzone in KoH mode.

* Player loadout is now preserved when they take weapons from an ammo crate.

* KoH and FF modes now show flag-status in HUD *

Edited by sbsmac

is it possible to start it in 3d mode??and i want to put in houses,trees and much more in my CTF.What are you using ??first map i created for testing was with editor upgrade 1.0 from Lester and after that i couldnt join on servers because of this addon.are there any other ways?sorry im a noob in mapmaking :-)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1502330#post1502330

Hope you dont mind, But I have nominated Mac for the Addons and also community member. I think that the amount of time you have put into this,, during Arma as well as Arma 2 is amazing, you always seem to be on hand to help out with any and all queries (even the lame ones like mine) Ive seen you post answers when you have been on holidays, now that takes commitment, and there is now so many more PVP missions out there thanks to this script, in fact our league prob wouldnt have got off the ground if the guys hadnt used your script to create the missions that we use......

So I thought you deserved some recognition for it...

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

So dont forget to vote guys..

And I dont suppose it would hurt if anyone else was to nominate him, Only if you think he deserves it of course.

Likewise. SbsMac, apart from the fact he has put in a tremendous amount of his free time without any compensation, well maybe a little emotional one from our appreciation and admiration, most importantly, he has remained a gentleman!!

Many appreciative thanks!

Salute!

Oh bloody hell, now I'm going to have to start working on V4.00 :help:

Seriously though guys, I appreciate the gesture and in the very unlikely event I win a prize I promise to wear my ArmA2 T-shirt during every coding session :ftvsmilie1:

Edited by sbsmac

Been away for awhile, lots of changes I see... I will have to try the newest version out soon.

And of course you get my votes too Mac.

V3.02 now released

* Fixed a serious bug which stopped CTF scoring working after a player had returned a flag

* CTF_iff can now be used to provide identification of friendly forces.

* Demo video at

* All game-mode with flags now provide a feature to automaticaly return or pickup the flag even if the default action does not appear.

* CTF_allowBINO turns on/off binoculars

* DLG_RESPAWNLIMIT now uses text '#lives' to make it less confusing

* Flag markers now accept the 'flagheight' keyword

W4jMTAf7HaQ

Rugby Mode.

I set the game mode to RUGBY.

Set eflag,cflag,wflag.

I pickup the centerflag fine, and go into the enemy base, and it won't cap.

am I missing something? Can't find much docu on it.

Luhg

That looks right. I tested it here just a couple of days ago and it was working. One obvious question - are you sure you are capping at the right flag ? If you are east you cap at eFlag, west caps at wFlag (similar to ctf). If you're still having problems let me know and I can take a look at the mission.

Can you send me a link to the ctfConfig.sqf file as well ? Also, do you see the same problem without ACE2 enabled ?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Hmm - I just tried it with ACE2. Added your mission.sqm to V3.02 and the standard(ish) RUGBY template.

Started single-player/editor.

Moved all the flags a bit closer together and moved a west player character near them.

Took the flag, ran to wFlag and saw it score.

Can you tell me what you are doing differently ? BTW - I am aware there is an issue with the HUD not being compatible with ACE at the moment and am looking at this.

Also notice dyou are using allWeapons markers instead of the new ammo markers.

Don't know if I am posting in the right thread, was directed here from "Editing and scripting", so I am re-posting it here.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

A few questions on how to do things using script ( PVP ScriptPack 3.0)

How to restrict third person view?

How to give the players random weapons after respawn?

Is there a list to choose from?

How to make that list?

Thank you

K

..and answers :-)

>How to restrict third person view?

This is somthing you have to do in your server configuration. See http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg to learn about the server config file. Sorry - can't find a link especially about 3rd person.

>How to give the players random weapons after respawn?

Sorry, not currently an option although you can add it as a feature request here:- http://dev-heaven.net/projects/sbsmac-pvpsp/issues

>Is there a list to choose from?

Of valid weapons ? Yes, see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons

>How to make that list?

Ah, you're talking about random weapon selection I think - sorry.

Can you send me a link to the ctfConfig.sqf file as well ? Also, do you see the same problem without ACE2 enabled ?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Hmm - I just tried it with ACE2. Added your mission.sqm to V3.02 and the standard(ish) RUGBY template.

Started single-player/editor.

Moved all the flags a bit closer together and moved a west player character near them.

Took the flag, ran to wFlag and saw it score.

Can you tell me what you are doing differently ? BTW - I am aware there is an issue with the HUD not being compatible with ACE at the moment and am looking at this.

Also notice dyou are using allWeapons markers instead of the new ammo markers.

hmmm not sure of the difference. I'm reinstalling everything cause of a virus, but will test and see.

Also, I reported on Dev-heaven about the "flyroute" taking out to the ocean tour instead of the route. I found something.... if you place the markers on the map for objectives and I copy and paste, then change the name, it freaks out. If I place NEW markers with correct names at the start. It doesn't do it.

odd.

>yes, capping.... east, grabs center, goes to west capture marker (ellipse). doesn't flip.

This may have been a typo on your part, but you said that as EAST player you took the flag and took it to the wFlag marker. That wouldn't give you a score - you need to go to the eFlag marker as an east player. Again, if that sounds a bit illogical think of the corresponding gameplay for CTF where you have to take the enemies flag to your own flagpole to score.

I thought in Rugby mode you take the center to the enemy.

edit> oh I got it. I put the wflag in the east area. ah..... ok. <headslap>

so say in an A&D map, you would so the same?

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

<Phew> - I prefer mistakes to bugs :-)

Depends what kind of A&D you are talking about. The 'A&D' most easily supported by the scriptpack uses C&H as a basis so it is just a matter of getting players into an area (which may have a flagpole as a visible landmark). There's not currently a game mode that requires a team to physically carry a flag to an enemy area to win the game although you could perhaps fake it by using RUGBY with CTF_scoreToWin=1, cFlag positioned by the attacker's spawn, and the defenders 'home' flag positioned outside the play area.