Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

Hi everyone ,

i want to use the ACE2 Medic System in a AAS map that i build.

Map works fine with no problems but the Ace2 Menue doesent pop up when i press "right windows" key.

in all my other missions the Medic Modul works without problems, so i think its something with the pvp script.

:confused:

any ideas ?

No idea, I've just started messing with ACE 2 recently myself, and just a few days ago tried incorporating some ACE 2 in some of my older PVP scriptpack missions... I don't know yet what works and what doesn't. If I figure something out I'll let you know.

Mac, the script is still awesome for all my pvp ideas... but since unfortunately all my ideas suck, I've been messing with the coop side... :rolleyes: and ACE 2...

I'll admit I tried F2 Framework for the coop stuff, but like yours much better, so I'm sticking with it. I've been using your PvP Mission wizard, but I like the old way better, a template I can just edit here and there...

No point really to my post, just letting you know I'm still using the shit out of it (and still can't write a line of code myself, but damn I sure can cut and paste). I've been trying to incorporate ACE 2 into it (I've added ammo and weapons), but I don't really know if anything 'special' needs to be done.

I still try to bug test for you, but I add stuff myself, and I'm most certain that causes the problems.

Stuff I add in case you care (for coops)...

Helicopter Pickup

Artillery Support

Air Support

Mobile HQ

I know the whole point of your scripts are for PvP... but since you added coop, I started messing with it...

Anyways, take care, if there's anything I can do, let me know. And feel free to ignore any of my stupid suggestions... :D

Folks - thanks for the feedback on ACE2. I've been a bit quiet on the scripting front due to holidays and wanting to make progress on the wizard but ACE2 compatibility is something I want to sort out when I get some time.

The wizard is starting to come together and I'll be rolling out an improved version shortly. One of the features to be added is support for user-defined templates. Ie, you'll be able to turn a pre-made mission into a template which you can then use as the basis for new projects - sounds like this would be a good feature for you Mosh :) I'm also looking at way for people to share their templates with other users - my intention is to be able to offer a 'library' of mission templates made by the community.

I also want to offer better support for co-op - with the new template system this will really help with quick creation of missions.

Mosh, the wizard is likely to be the preferred way to use the script-pack in future - my intention is that you should be able to more from the wizard than you could do just by editing the config files (for example, the latest beta version allows you to specify the number of players in a new mission) - so hopefully you'll stick with it :-) It also makes it a lot easier for me to roll out new script updates. In the meantime, great to hear you are still using the scripts and any feedback you have is always appreciated.

In terms of the features you mentioned...

>Artillery Support

Can you let me know where the current artillery markers fall short of doing what you need ? I've had a couple of requests to make the artillery more controllable so would be interested in what you want to do also.

>Air Support

Right - there's currently a request for a heli-strike as part of TDM games, so this could be adapted.

>Mobile HQ

Mobile HQ/respawn is probably the next thing to be added to the paradop function.

Anyway, as I say, it will take a couple of weeks to finish up on the wizard then I want to get ACE2 compatility and then I'll get back to improving the scripts.... Watch this space !

Good stuff for sure...

For the record, the Heli Support request is a part of our thought on PVP Team Acheivements (something hardly any PVP missions have if at all) which would be a server sided option for gameplay. When a team hits a kill threshold an announcement HINT BOX displays and they are awarded the AI Heli-Support which gives them the edge. The other team must scramble and be ready to take out the heli to prevent more damage. This Heli Support is the beginning to what we may be able to accomplish in Team Acheivements during gameplay rounds.

This all stems from the concept of Team Survival games which is fun for TDM, HOLD, and Attack & Defend (I have a large pack on the way hopefully soon). I too, have been busy and just getting done with the holidays, lol. Have some AAS to complete and offer a PVP pack version 1.03..... Work work work, lol.

hya mac matey,, nice touch with the players tab,,, but for some reason I dont have one (a players tab that is) ,,,, btw would there be any chance of having the "length of the game" as a server selected option ? (from the wizard that is :) ) so admin can select 10 15 20 or 30 min rounds ?

Tax, the 'players tab' is currently somethign you only get when you create a new mission (File/new). I'll be adding player-editing in the normal view as well though !

Server/lobby dialogs are also something that will be coming soon :)

Originally Posted by sbsmac

Ah - in that case there is a way to do what you want..

1) make sure the respawn zone is away from the playing area

2) Place a paradrop marker over the entire respawn area.

3) Add the following keywords to the paradrop....

4) Place 1 (or more) dropzone markers over the playing area.

You should find that when a player is killed, they now stay in respawn until they are alive again at which time they are magically teleported to a random point in the playing area.

This video shows paradrop examples (around 2:30)

There is only one thing to watch out for if using this approach - make sure you use minefields rather than borders otherwise if the respawn area is outside of the borders you may find players are killed as they respawn for being 'out of bounds'.

Sbsmac,

I think I will need your help on this one,

Following your post I’ve created paradrop zone, combined it with a respawn marker and put it away from the game zone. I have created a few dropzone markers in the game zone. When I tested it initially (dozens of times) it worked every time for me. But a few days later I started to notice that:

1 -Sometimes I respawn in the paradrop zone. At this point one of two things happening:

– if I look around but do not make any steps, I can stay there indefinitely. As soon as I make a few steps I see the map flash and get teleported into the game zone.

– I permanently respawn in the paradrop zone. I can move, run, shoot, etc.

2 - sometimes I respawn in the game zone.

Although, it happend about 10% of the time at first, it seams to happen more and more often.

Any advise on where to look?

Thank you

K

That sounds very odd - are you sure the paradrop marker is large enough to cover the entire respawn area with some extra margin? I'm wondering if you are respawning right on the edge of the zone or even outside it ? If you have made the two markers identical in size, there may be some rounding or placement errors which are causing you to be just outside the paradrop on respawn.

If that's still not the case it's possible you have found a bug in the scripts in which case you can send me the mission.sqm and ctfConfig files.

BTW - for those interested in the wizard, I released an improved version tonight :-)

Feeback always appreciated....

That sounds very odd - are you sure the paradrop marker is large enough to cover the entire respawn area with some extra margin? I'm wondering if you are respawning right on the edge of the zone or even outside it ? If you have made the two markers identical in size, there may be some rounding or placement errors which are causing you to be just outside the paradrop on respawn.

If that's still not the case it's possible you have found a bug in the scripts in which case you can send me the mission.sqm and ctfConfig files.

You are right, the paradrop marker is the same size as respawn area. I will increase the paradrop marker to cover the respawn area with generous margins and report back.

Thank you

K

BTW - for those interested in the wizard, I released an improved version tonight :-)

Feeback always appreciated....

ISSUES (really works great for a beta)

• no new coop
  • introduction type - no TextAndMusic option
  • Loadout chooser - no default (but has east/west)
  • upgrading from 2.0 pack can't load in Arma editor (1st line ctfConfig error)
  • some errors when using older script pack (2.xx - 3.02, i just click continue and keep going)
  • summary tab not accessible when using older script pack

error when selecting mission (this instance it was a fresh 3.03 mission that I made without mission maker program). If you like I can send you more, but they all seemed to say the same thing whether it was from clicking summary tab, opening a mission I made, etc). And like I said, I could click continue and keep going most of the time )The few crashes I have had with the program I don't remember what the hell I did to cause it... some beta tester, huh? :rolleyes: I'll keep trying and document more stuff for you.

####errror below####

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at PVPMissionWizard.ctfConfig.isDefault(String var)

at PVPMissionWizard.MainPage.initAllControls()

at PVPMissionWizard.MainPage.updateAllControls()

at PVPMissionWizard.MainPage.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

PVPMissionWizard

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mosh/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/H4KGJ747.6WV/HENK52KX.5BB/pvpm..tion_fa65b9d1ef833db2_0001.0000_af8d5dd61263bb4b/PVPMissionWizard.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Web

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

error.JPG

2.01 mission upgraded to 3.03 automatically (with nothing else done by me)

error2.JPG

LIKES/DISLIKES

• seems to work ok with new missions
  • unit browser is very nice
  • markers tab - shows my orphan markers i forget about, awesome feature
  • is growing on me, could see this whipping out quite a few missions once it's perfected

I'm sure I've asked this before, but would you rather me post at dev-heaven? I post here because I figure more people might see it who use the pack and post similar experiences for you... and because I'm lazy.

This is off topic kind of, and for anyone who reads this, but here goes.. there are a few good hold/aas servers (I'm talking USA here, I know the rest of the world has plenty of decent servers) and several really good hold/aas/ctf/etc mission makers. I am thinking about a renting small (30 slot) DM/TDM dedicated server to fill an empty void... and not conflict/compete with other US servers. I really only see one person still making DM missions (Celery bow.gif ) and think a DM/TDM only server is needed. Any thoughts by anyone?

I also promise I won't mention 'coop' in this thread again... I feel blasphemous even mentioning it in a PvP topic.

Mosh - good reports - thanks. Feedback on feedback ...

* no new coop

Coming as soon as I do a bit more work on extending the new-mission template mechanism.

* introduction type - no TextAndMusic option

Thanks - good catch

* Loadout chooser - no default (but has east/west)

I decided it was less confusing to have the separate defaults rather than one global one which could then be overridden (plus it was a lot easier to code!)

* upgrading from 2.0 pack can't load in Arma editor (1st line ctfConfig error)

I believe this is because you are missing the line "START_LOBBY_DIALOGS" before the dialogs you have set. If you load the mission then save it again it should be fixed up correctly (I just tried it here).

*EDIT* Actually it is because the old lobby-dialog sytem needed you to provide a parameter eg DLG_TIMELIMIT1(1) whereas the system in V3 regards the parameter as an error. You can workaround this by replacing

DLG_TIMELIMIT1(1)

with

DLG_TIMELIMIT1

I'm working on improving dialog support over the next couple of days so will fix up this case as part of that work.

* some errors when using older script pack (2.xx - 3.02, i just click continue and keep going)

I think this is because of 'obsolete' CTF vars for which I haven't set a default. I'll fix it up so that these don't throw an error.

* summary tab not accessible when using older script pack

Hmm - probably the same root cause. Will fix up.

* seems to work ok with new missions

* unit browser is very nice

:) I will probably add unit-editing shortly

* markers tab - shows my orphan markers i forget about, awesome feature

* is growing on me, could see this whipping out quite a few missions once it's perfected

Glad you like it. Did you know you can edit your marker text by clicking on a marker name in the left pane and then editing the text over on the right ? This feature will be improved soon. More features coming....

Feel free to post here - it's just as easy for me to monitor as dev=heaven and keeps the thread at the top of the forum :-P

*Edit2* just pushed out a new version which fixes those issues - you may need to load and resave any missions that were imported from V2.

Edited by sbsmac

A quick teaser for the next wizard feature....

lobby.jpg

Yes, it's a server lobby-dialog editor :)

Aha,, now thats what ive been waiting for lol..

me too

EDIT - While I'm messing with PvP thing, here's a couple quick things...

1. Can't change intro text. (it does give you default one with new mission.. didnt notice before)

2. Can't pick logo. <--- just saw it gives you default one when you create mission

3. Doesn't change misson name/description in sqm (unless i overlooked something)

This has really brought out the laziness in me. Perfect this and I really will only have to click a couple buttons to get my mission started. If I forget one stupid setting for 5 different missions (which I do a lot) I can just fly through and change each one in seconds. No errors to report either so far with newer version. 'm basically seeing how far I can get

Edited by Mosh
stuff

New version just pushed out allows creation of server lobby-dialogs (press the 'L' button next to a control).

http://www.armaleague.com/pvpmissionwizard/bin/setup.exe to download. If you already have a version it will self-update.

Mosh...

> Can't change intro text.

I assume you actually meant the 'Notes' page ? There is now a 'create new section' icon and you can also delete existing notes sections using the delete key.

>logo

Actually i want to allow the wizard to help you pick a picture for the logo

>description.ext

Hmm - good point. I never used these sections but will take a look at them.

You are right, the paradrop marker is the same size as respawn area. I will increase the paradrop marker to cover the respawn area with generous margins and report back.

Thank you

K

I increased the paradrop marker by 5 m and the problem is gone. I tested it in a few DM missions, mostly by myself (nobody seems to be playing DMs anymore :confused:), it worked every time.

Thank you mac.

I think I am ready to try the PVPMissionWizard, where can I get it?

Edited by Krout

I tried that link, it gives me ..not valid Win32 application message when I try to execute setup.exe file

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I increased the paradrop marker by 5 m and the problem is gone. I tested it in a few DM missions, mostly by myself (nobody seems to be playing DMs anymore :confused:), it worked every time.

Sorry, that was a little premature post. Two players just came to play and we all respawn in the game zone. I should have done more testing before posting, I apologize.

Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks

Sorry - edited link now.

>We all respawn in the game zone.

Just to be clear - you mean you get killed, then your player body is in the gamezone but unable to move ? Actually I do have an idea what might be causing this - it's a bug in the scripts which I will need to work on.

Sorry - edited link now.

Just to be clear - you mean you get killed, then your player body is in the gamezone but unable to move ? Actually I do have an idea what might be causing this - it's a bug in the scripts which I will need to work on.

Yes, this is correct. About 75% of the time I was killed the body appeared in the game zone but could not move, the other 25% was fine. The body stayed in the paradrop zone. I also saw other players just standing there (in the gamezone) for the duration of the respawn time.

K

I downloaded the file but still cannot execute it - same message.

Just noticed that if I am shot during respawn (while I am standing motionlessly) I respawn right away but in a different location. Thought this information might be helpful.

Edited by Krout

Good updates with the mission wizard. But I noticed the recent update loaded some template, which I used to make a DM, and it still uses the 'guns' markers (aren't those obsolete).

Other than than, nothing else... working great.

Thanks!

>t still uses the 'guns' markers

Oops - well spotted. You should find that a new set of templates is installed on the next run (or use "Check for updates").

Just added some standard dialogs to save you having to create your own from scratch all the time....

stddlg.jpg

Sorry - edited link now.

Actually I do have an idea what might be causing this - it's a bug in the scripts which I will need to work on.

Hi mac,

Do you need me to send you the files?:)

If yes - just the two or the whole folder?

Thanks

K

title= "CTF_iff";

title= "CTF_disableCommandMode";

in ctfConfig.sqf (shows up like that in MP lobby param selections instead of 'Friendly Tag' or whatever you wanted it to say, no big deal, easy to change by hand... also checked with new missions to make sure it wasn't just from updating old ones) <---I'm retarded, didn't realize if there wasn't a set to load I had to type it in myself... right? sorry... even the simple stuff confuses me sometimes

Nothing else really to report, just checking in... still using it a lot. :)

The lobby dialog addition is really awesome.

Edited by Mosh
stuff

@Krout

>Do you need me to send you the files

No, in this case I am pretty sure I know what the issue is and it is nothing to do with your mission.

@Mosh

Indeed, I couldn't be bothered to define yet another set of approriate text (shorter than the 'normal' variable descriptions but longer than the variable names so figured that people defining their own dialogs would be happy to supply a title.. (Maybe I shoudl default to one of the 'canned' ones actually ?)

Anyway, have been travelling this week but next improvment is likely to be the ability to save your own custom dialogs so you can use them in other missions...