Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Spot the difference

any chance of releasing this ?, i get graphical bugs because arma cant work out wether to display it or not combined with view fogging that occurs.

+1 for release. asap.

and more than anything Choice is good.

Edited by 9thAircav

Are you talking abot BIS or DMarkwick?? This is a usermade mod.

Ideally they'd appear to the North and West of Chernarus and not out to sea but that's probably asking too much.

^^Agreed^^

Also they should be gone on Utes since it's an island

This reminded me of something. DM did you ever test while in mist/fog (weather sliders) test to zoom in while looking at that artificial horizon?

Test it and see when you got time. It bugs out on me while zooming. It disapears in the middle of the screen and the cut off areas to left and right are jagged with huge blocks - like pixel jagged but big in size. Looks almost like stairs in profile.

Wondered when you were looking through those files/config or whatever you do to remove it if you "see" anything that could help this? Might be too much to ask. Just checking. :)

Alex

The details are higher in first pic: you see grass and hills. Also contrast is cranked higher in frst pic.

I think the soldier is not wearing deoderant in second pic although this is pur speculation on my part!

It's the removal of the skybox mountains, those images were taken with identical view settings. Those mountains are not real, ingame mountains, they're "painted" on the sky, and thus do not exist. I painted them out. They were just annoying me, every time I saw the horizon I saw these mountains that weren't there.

Just a little thing :)

I tried to paint them out too, but the sky is now green, and there still is a darker area where the fake mountains appeared before. Can you help me please?

EDIT: done ;-)

Edited by schroeder

I would love to see this addon released. I so want the fakemountains away as I play quite alot on Sahrani and Everon.

i get a bug similar to the bottom picture in this post from the screenshots thread. is this what you get alex?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1439415&postcount=412

This is exactly what is happening on my system but even worse. sometimes the mountains look good, but if I have any fog on, the mountains loose their shape from a distance, and they look like rectangular boxes, or solid textures rather then mountains. (Just like in the second picture 9thAircav posted [left side]). It looks terrible from a plane.

Also, has there been a fix for the tank torrent scope? everything looks overly post-processed and dark when I look through the scope. I wish I could turn that off also. It really looks bad.

Here is an example:

http://www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/arma_2_issue/hor.jpg

http://www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/arma_2_issue/scope-dark.jpg

Edited by starstreams

It's the removal of the skybox mountains, those images were taken with identical view settings. Those mountains are not real, ingame mountains, they're "painted" on the sky, and thus do not exist. I painted them out. They were just annoying me, every time I saw the horizon I saw these mountains that weren't there.

Just a little thing :)

I'm with you on this. They are silly.

I would love to see this released. Hate seeing the mountains on everon...

Snake Man released it already.

If only there was a huge FPS gain, we could justify it even more! :D

Ahh, now when you mention it I remember reading about it yes! Too much jobs for me this year...

It's in that vietnam mod, isnt it?

How do you switch off the mountains in the background? Any help would be appreciated !!

The mountains look like blocks sometimes and are really silly waste of cpu. Lets get rid of it! Awaiting your mod! :)

Ok that's it! Those fake mountains are getting in the way of my map navigation for the last time! I was looking around on the map for that very high hill I see in the distance just to realise it is fake. Pleeeeeease release this mod :(