Sign in to follow this  

you and koyo need to contact me asap because you had absolutely no permissions to hack the model from Project RACS

This is not the RAF Chinook model or the model form the FFAA mod but the one from project RACS. I know i spent weeks adding the M240s and the gunner seats.

You contacted me asking for permissions wich i denied.

WLD427 has been a huge contributor to ARMA, I am uninstalling until this is worked out! :(

Yeah this isnt nice. I think work should be shared in a way that more is learnt. But if someone denies official release of an addon they made then it shouldnt get released.

Wont use either until settled.

Alex

hmmm sometimes guys its better to see how the bigger picture pans out, notice the lack of banhammers people ;)

Congrats on the release guys, gonna grab it now and land on something too small :)

Edited by Mark XIII
I'm dumbass

Thanks Mark

@wld427.. Ive send u a pm explaining problem..

Stand by on this one folks. Seems once you make a littel noise then your PMs get returned.

I really hope to come to an agreement on this. Honestly if they had asked i would have given them the model with the ramp gun and corrected geometry as well.

so sad it had to go down like this.

Hi everyone, please see first post for an update.

All's well that ends well :). Can't wait to fly her. They fly over our house quite often at afew hundred metres and can't half make a racket.

wugga wugga wugga wugga.

very glad to see it all worked out. to bad armaholic deleted your post though...

least its still here.

very glad to see colaboration of multiple modders to bring quality ... that's the right spirit :)

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

hell, not signed ? dear addon makers please start signing your addons for more secure MP gaming

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

register on OFPEC your unique TAG

http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=register

upload your public keys as part of the TAG registry

http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=upload_key

I'm happy to see that issues were resolved and there is a release of this :)

Awesome guys! Great to see the positive teamwork!

BONUS! Nice update as well.

great to see the issues have been resolved, however please add a sign the addon so we can use it on our servers :)

Whey nice to see the threat back up..

Nice work with the update Smiley & Deanobeano :)

Edited by konyo

Glad it got sorted. :)

What i really like with this addon is that even at NORMAL object detail/textures as i run at it looks complete from long distance. Most vehicles even ARMA2 stock ones miss wheels/parts from just a bit of distance wich breaks immersion.

One thing that can be improved on this Chinook sound wise is to add directional sound. Like add another propeller/engine sound that is more powerful and choppy and add it to the underside of it. So when it passes over your head you hear a more powerful chop chop chop as it goes by. ARMA2 stock choppers got it. :) Wish i knew how to do it and i would help. Im trying to learn though.

To all involved in this addon: Thanks!

Alex

Glad to see it released and to have a tiny contribution.

Had the updated textures ready to be used for a P'85 version back in 2008 - sadly they were never used until today... Anyway, thanks for reaching a healthy compromise and showing good community spirit that sorted all out and brought new life to this dated bird ;)

cheers!

Glad to see it released and to have a tiny contribution.

Had the updated textures ready to be used for a P'85 version back in 2008 - sadly they were never used until today... Anyway, thanks for reaching a healthy compromise and showing good community spirit that sorted all out and brought new life to this dated bird ;)

cheers!

Cheers to this! Thanks fellas for handling it with out blowing up the thread and in a way that ensures continued releases. :icon_eek:

Thanks for the fixes as well. :cheers:

Thanks to all who have contributed along the way, we appreciate your time and effort. Couple of niggles, does anyone else get the following:

Untextured/lo-poly near (interior view) LOD for the prop blades (don't remember this from the previous release):

props.jpg

Moving diagonal lines over the controls other than the working horizon (this I do remember from the last) or is it a feature?

dials.jpg

Also, haven't de-pbo'd it to see but does it have a hidden selection for the main mesh to support runtime texture loading?

Thanks!

The low poly/no textured blades is worse than orginal release. In original the shape of the blade shape looked okay but there was no texturing. Now the blade shape is messed up and there's still no texture. This only seems to happen from within the cockpit. Standing on the ground looking up at blades looks okay.

Also, if I add the chopper with crew, I cannot get into it without having one disembark and take their position. I can then order the disembarked crew back in and off we go. If I add additional units and order them in, they get in and ride in the back no problem. How do I ride in the back with a crewed chopper (or even in the co-pilot seat as this is not automatically crewed)? It seems like the ride in back and get in as co-pilot options are not available to the player unit.

Also, although I can lower the ramp and walk up into the chopper, if I order it to take off, it moves but I don't and am left behind. Can I use the attach to command in my player unit's init to fix this? If so, how do I do this?

Edited by KaBoNG

Very nice! I'll give it a try today. I'm at work right now so I can't look into it. What faction did you use for the config? USMC (I hope not!), Other or Royal Army Forces?

Maybe this thread would be interesting for you. It would help keeping your great addon compatible to hundreds of upcomming mods. This is your chance to help building up a common config standard ;)

Are you going to create some reskins? US Army? (Desert Camo, Special Forces) US Navy? Royal Army Corps Sahrani? What about a CH-46 for the USMC?

And needs more sounds. I already said that some posts back, but i really hope to see more addons take advantage of ARMA2's new tech. Go 3d person out of a UH1 and move camera under the heli when in flight and you hear a bassy chop chop wich greatly add to realism and immersion as helis pass over you.

This helicopter would be awesome with that. :) I still need to learn the config for all sounds so i cant help - would in a hearbeat... more learning to do.

Alex