1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

Did you turn off v-sync?

I did not see a v-sync setting in this game, and IF there was....I seriously doubt it has a cap under 30 fps.

I have tried 10 different sets of graphics settings, from low to very high, 1920x1200 to 1440x900...no matter what I do, I can't get over 28 fps. What gives?

Heya mate,

Just to compare, what does your rig push out in 3dMark 06 ?

You have OC'd your rig right ? what have you done to the memory timings and ratio ?

Do you have a G15 or second monitor ? whats the CPU usage value like during the benchmark ?

Have you tried different drivers ?

How much background stuff you got going on ?

Oh and tried the benchmark back to back, the first run can be a bit slower due to loading textures etc.

I did not see a v-sync setting in this game, and IF there was....I seriously doubt it has a cap under 30 fps.

No it would be in your Nvidia settings and it does tend to cap frame rates.

There is no vsync setting, you have to force vsync off under 3d settings on nvidia/ati control panel.

I was having the same problem but turning off vsync fixed it, now I've gotta try keygety's no blur fix with the demo (hopefully it works) 'cause I hear it helps stop the mouse smoothing effect, at least until there's a way to turn off mouse smoothing.

Heya mate,

Just to compare, what does your rig push out in 3dMark 06 ?

You have OC'd your rig right ? what have you done to the memory timings and ratio ?

Do you have a G15 or second monitor ? whats the CPU usage value like during the benchmark ?

Have you tried different drivers ?

How much background stuff you got going on ?

Oh and tried the benchmark back to back, the first run can be a bit slower due to loading textures etc.

I pull just under 19k...here are my scores...ranked #15:

http://www.overclock.net/benchmarking-software-discussion/404483-official-top-30-single-gpu-systems.html

My timings are fine, there are no background apps slowing down my rendering. I have run it back to back, 3 different drivers.

No it would be in your Nvidia settings and it does tend to cap frame rates.

My nvidia settings are all disabled/default/application controlled. NO VSYNC.

This is highly frustrating.

Hey fingers crossed :)

ok it seems i have less crashes now but now it just froze up my PC again. I do not know what is causing this...

I played the demo thinking this game looks pretty cool, but alas, the poor gui and training makes me not want to play. First off, the controls seem really herky jerky, like cooper is a retard and cant walk straight. The firing rage seemed fine until the test started and the controls suddenly got jerkier than before. It constantly tells you what to do without telling you the controls you need to use (the switch weapons button, for instance, was unbound so i had to go to the controls menu and set up the button just to switch to my pistol). after the obstacle course and the range I went to the medic station and found out just how absurd the menu system is: you have to reach across the keyboard to hit enter for everything, the trainer said to drag the dude, but once i selected drag i couldn't move at all, same for the carry position, then, because I was frustrated and the "trainer" was silent, i tried the other 0ptions at random finally doing the first aid thing (which looks like a prayer healing BTW) and miraculously passed that section.

On to the missile course, the only instruction shaftoe gives you is to hit g on the crate. So I hit g get the disposable rocket launcher which mysteriously has no ammo, even though it is disposable, and hence unreloadable, WTF? I shoot the stupid tank, then he says go shoot some dudes in the mout course, which is just some guy in the woods. Fortunately for me, it wasn't actually a mout course, it was a live fire course, and I had no ammo, inexplicably (I had ammo before) and had to run in with my pistol. The dude in the woods seemed to jump around (like warp through time and space hiro nakamura style, then he throw a grenade which hit the tree next to him and exploded at his feet, then he was suddenly behind me shooting me in the back. So I died! Now I get to start the whole fucking training over again! Yay, this game is fun! How do you die in training? like why would anyone train with live ammo? wouldn't that defeat the purpose of training ppl, if they die? Game = fail. Not as bad a fail as AA3, but trying really hard to get there. Plus, AA3 is a free piece of shit!

Actually, if you took the time to read what was poping up it may have made your experiance a bit eaiser.

Its tells you the keys, for the MOUNT course, you do relaise that there was more than 1 opfor riiight ?

TBH ... this is not a game for you... oh and it seems you have issues with key bindings in and out of game, so here is somthing that may help you further develop in all forms of computing..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrage_return

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

ok it seems i have less crashes now but now it just froze up my PC again. I do not know what is causing this...

Your last event log pointed to audio subsystem / module issue have you tried a driver change for audio ?

Also... you have OC'd right ? how long did you run prime / orthos to ensure its all stable ? 12-24 Hours ? What is the CPU temp @ 4-5 hour prime test ? and what is the temp when the game crashes ?

Did you also run a several hour memtest 2 that clock speed ?

Does the game crash or blue screen @ default / stock CPU speeds ?

Actually, if you took the time to read what was poping up it may have made your experiance a bit eaiser.

Its tells you the keys, for the MOUNT course, you do relaise that there was more than 1 opfor riiight ?

TBH ... this is not a game for you... oh and it seems you have issues with key bindings in and out of game, so here is somthing that may help you further develop in all forms of computing..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrage_return

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Your last event log pointed to audio subsystem / module issue have you tried a driver change for audio ?

Also... you have OC'd right ? how long did you run prime / orthos to ensure its all stable ? 12-24 Hours ? What is the CPU temp @ 4-5 hour prime test ? and what is the temp when the game crashes ?

Did you also run a several hour memtest 2 that clock speed ?

Does the game crash or blue screen @ default / stock CPU speeds ?

Yea i OCed Right because ive played crysis on max and tons of other games and never experienced this situation. Yes the system is stable, its just for some reason the demo is causing these problems for me. Idle cpu temp is 20-25 and under load around 35-40, gfx card temp idle is 30 and under load at 40-45 but i notice it gets warmer but i set gfx card fan to 100% so it can't be it..

I have the full game already but tested the demo. It feels better then the full game. :) Small thing maybe but i'm not the only one who thinks that the menu-intro is much more impressive then the one which is in the the full version of the game. Good job! I hope we see that hotfix soon for the full version so we can get the anti-aliasing to work.

I've been testing it out more online with clan members, its a lot better online then in solo.

But the AI is very strong :P

(New to Arma universe)

I have the full game already but tested the demo. It feels better then the full game. :) Small thing maybe but i'm not the only one who thinks that the menu-intro is much more impressive then the one which is in the the full version of the game. Good job! I hope we see that hotfix soon for the full version so we can get the anti-aliasing to work.

I agree, the demo runs smoother (i have full game too).

Bis please release AA hotfix!!

Cheers

I installed the demo through Steam and it all works great...BUT I have no sound. Anyone else having this problem???

Demo is great, i like it very much! :yay:

Maybe i turn fanboy now too :p

"Demo" means - download and try. 2 and a half Gb is too much for just download and try, don't u think?

"Demo" means - download and try. 2 and a half Gb is too much for just download and try, don't u think?

No, not at all.

Yea i OCed Right because ive played crysis on max and tons of other games and never experienced this situation. Yes the system is stable, its just for some reason the demo is causing these problems for me. Idle cpu temp is 20-25 and under load around 35-40, gfx card temp idle is 30 and under load at 40-45 but i notice it gets warmer but i set gfx card fan to 100% so it can't be it..

Only reason asking was that in crysis and a few other games I can OC to 3.5 (temps a bit scary ..but within limit(just)). I could do a 1-2 hour Prime before errors. Crysis would be fine all day long

But not for Arma 2, it seems to hammer the CPU waaaay more than any other game I can put my hand on.

I know it can be a pain, but it may be worth checking how long the game can run for @ stock. I had to do this when I first got Arma 2 running and found that I had to lower my "normal Game" OC. And @ 3.3 it will run all day long.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Err no... lol

Textures take space etc .. if they made it smaller then there would be ppl crying that the game looks like crap ... or its too short ....

Negative

Only reason asking was that in crysis and a few other games I can OC to 3.5 (temps a bit scary ..but within limit(just)). I could do a 1-2 hour Prime before errors. Crysis would be fine all day long

But not for Arma 2, it seems to hammer the CPU waaaay more than any other game I can put my hand on.

I know it can be a pain, but it may be worth checking how long the game can run for @ stock. I had to do this when I first got Arma 2 running and found that I had to lower my "normal Game" OC. And @ 3.3 it will run all day long.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Err no... lol

Textures take space etc .. if they made it smaller then there would be ppl crying that the game looks like crap ... or its too short ....

hmm ill wait till retail comes out and see how that runs... i don't know it should'nt be doing that anyway..

I played through the trial by fire scenario.

First, The black marines look like crack heads. The eyeball textures are brown instead of white. That needs to be fixed. Black people don't have black eyeballs; they have white eyeballs just like everyone else. Making them look like crack heads is just wrong.

Second, vocals, really? That's what you recorded? I would really prefer to hear voice actors. Not kids who just learned how to read. If you think I'm being harsh, just count the money I paid for the game from steam. The vocals are really unprofessional and the worst part of the entire game. corpsman is pronounced "core-min", not "corz-min". The p and s are always silent. Even in Marine Corps. It's pronounced the same as "core"

It would have been more productive to ask for community contributions. Plenty of us have access to cardioid mics and could have recorded believable vocal tracks for individual characters. I really can't say enough bad things about the vocals, they are horrible and if I had been responsible for them I'd be embarrassed, and probably fired/sacked.

Seriously, put out a request for your fans to record vocal tracks. Give us some sound file format requirements, and scripts for individual characters and NPCs. You'll be surprised at some of the entries. They will undoubtedly be better than what you've just published. If you get enough noise-free entries,

Third, some of the controls have slightly ambiguous names. "Toggle View" is one of them. 1st/3rd view is more appropriate.

apples and oranges in my opinion.

True True , I guess i should remember the old OFP days the game was good but the community made it great. Maybe my opinion was a little premature but i expected something different. But again its good to know there are alternatives on the way.

here is the one and only demo feedback topic.

I voted the demo is great.

It installed OK. It runs very fast with the default "normal" settings. The missions and mission wizard seems to work ok. MP worked ok with few no messages received and disconnect errors (but must have been because of my poor net connection).

Good job with the demo, I cant wait to install 1.02 + hotfix for the full game :)

My only complaint is that when I try to chat, my character still does movements corresponding to what keys I'm pressing. For example when I type an E, my character leans even though I'm chatting.

Noticed this, also kind of odd that you would have the respawn set to where you last died, turns into a spawn kill fest.

is there a way of customizing the size of the window in windowed mode ? it's my last hope to see if i can play the game, i'm afraid my rig can't handle it very well. the graphics seem to be great though , in full setting they must be awesome

edit : hey, i tried to put Eddy/Myke's f-16 in the addons folder and the demo won't start , it's not fair !

Edited by william1

Windowed mode bumped me up to 35 frames...still not smooth...

If THAT is not smooth then perhaps the counter is lying?

I had a similar experience in crysis' sandbox 2. It showed me as having 15-30 fps jumps while visually it was obvious I was getting maybe 5 or 9.