492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

k i downgraded from directx 11 to directx 9.0 i still get the freezing issue..

Ive been experiencing this issue also and dont know what it might be, I recieve good framerates while ingame, however, on a good ping server everyone seems to be bouncing around and lagging to the extreams, I've checked firewalls and everything too, and I havent seen any posts about lag in mp demo. I'm running win7/64, and this issue doesnt not occur to me in arma1 :(

I hope it is just the server or some kind of bug because right now it is just unacceptable for a game to launch like this. Multiplayer is what makes these games.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

its not the netcode , most of the servers are Peer to Peer

im sure you will notice a MAJOR increase in playability once the full game is released and people start making massive dedicated servers

Why didn't they open any dedicated servers for the demo? The demo is what people use to decide if they want to purchase the game. The demo servers should be stacked and ready to go. This is disappointing to me.

i got 9.6 catalyst could that be the problem?

I have 9.6 on my XP system and ARMA2 runs nice. I have seen in other posts though some people going back to 9.5 and seeing an improvement, not sure if that was Vista or not, didn't pay a lot of attention at the time.

Worth a try though.

Easily fixed. Don't buy it :). There has been a huge influx of people with a single post ranting about the game lately and they all seem to have the same writing habits.

Hey, man, you seem really smart. I wonder why, when someone releases a new game, there would be an "influx of people with a single post?"

Anyway, let me tell you a little story about game development. Yu make a game, then you want people to buy it. In the gaming industry, therefor, they try to sell these things called units. if they sell more units they make money, if the sell less units, they don't. New people, who might have posted less, because they aren't arma fanboys, have to buy units for the franchise to make money.

Anyway, i tried the other training to give this game a chance, but because the parachute stopped letting me control my descent one it was open, and the helicopter cant distinguish between aileron steering and rudder control, I have yet to see a mildly bug free mission. Also, you mght not want to make the Helicopter trainer say the heli is 50 meters to the fron when its actually 10 feet behind you. Also, when he runs in a 100 yard circle around a different helicopter, only to get in a helicopter that was originally right in front of him, it looks a little weird. But don't listen to me, I'm not a fanboy. I would represent an expansion of your market share, ergo my opinion is invalid.

OK i downloaded the demo , the only thing i like is the AI support ie medic support. Yes it looks a bit nicer than arma , but after a few minutes playing it gets really choppy, the HD works overtime and becomes unplayable. It has potential but after an hour playing it I find it just ok. I guess i need to play a bit more but so far I rate it 5 out of 10 .... I think ofp 2 is gonna kick its ass if what I see in the ofp 2 videos is a real representation of the game.

Edit

Ok

I just found that AVG virus software decide to start a scan in the background SOAB!! Its feeling better now :P

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I love it so far, the only issue i have is that my game crashes most of the time i try to enter a MP match. or if i am in one i happens while i am in a car. anyone know what to do?

I love it so far, the only issue i have is that my game crashes most of the time i try to enter a MP match. or if i am in one i happens while i am in a car. anyone know what to do?

i have the same problem, i just installed catalyst 9.5 , was using 9.6 before , going to see how it runs..

after playing the Demo the only word i have for it is WOW, first im surprised it runs as good as ArmA 1, secondly the graphics are amazing

only slight suggestion/improvement> motion blur or wat ever makes u feel awkward whenever you run should be kinda be fixed up, i know it would make it unfair for people to play without it, but it makes the game feel dizzy,

also,

AI squats before gets up and then shoots

PC specs:

Pentuim D @3.0ghz

3GB Ram

Geforce 9600GT 512 Ram

These specs are fine for playing the game on high,

.... I think ofp 2 is gonna kick its ass if what I see in the ofp 2 videos is a real representation of the game.

I understand your dissapointment/frustration however ofp2 is COD with bigger maps. yeah it looks great but there is no game I have played consistantly over two years more than ARMA1. The reason is I enjoy the 5-10 minute rides sometimes to get somewhere and die straight away becuase I stuck my head up too close to the AI. I enjoy the close squad work on multiplayer maps and I enjoy the atmosphere.

I don't think it will kick ARMA2's ass because people that play ARMA and understand what ARMA is and is trying to be would never agree, apples and oranges in my opinion.

Motion blur is there for your frame rate, the lower the frame rate the more you get basicly. Unless you mean head bobbing in which case you can adjust that in the Game Options.

after playing the Demo the only word i have for it is WOW, first im surprised it runs as good as ArmA 1, secondly the graphics are amazing

only slight suggestion/improvement> motion blur or wat ever makes u feel awkward whenever you run should be kinda be fixed up, i know it would make it unfair for people to play without it, but it makes the game feel dizzy,

also,

AI squats before gets up and then shoots

PC specs:

Pentuim D @3.0ghz

3GB Ram

Geforce 9600GT 512 Ram

These specs are fine for playing the game on high,

Spetz I am glad you are having fun but I find it really hard to understand how you can be playing with everything set to high which is 2nd highest setting possible with a single core CPU and by all accounts a slow video card. I may be totally wrong but when you click the advanced graphic settings are you saying that every single field is high?

Also what resolution are you running at? Just out of interest.

i have the same problem, i just installed catalyst 9.5 , was using 9.6 before , going to see how it runs..

post it if it fixes the problem please :bounce3:

Posted in another now locked thread, though I would post it here:

Major problem with multiplayer isn't the maps but the game modes appear to be designed rather horribly.

AA was confusing as hell with it's objectives and it failed to clearly tell the player what exactly they are supposed to be doing or what to do (big game design problem there). However once you learned to open up the briefing screen, and mess around with buttons on there, the objectives of the map were easier to understand. Plus, it showed roughly where an objective was.

However ArmA2 one ups that, by not explaining ANYTHING, having no objectives/scenarios marked on the map, only a basic waypoint that sometimes leads nowhere, what is actually going on, where to go, etc. And the map is something you have to pull up, there isn't a "radar" or compass that points in the right direction. Which can be good, assuming the map and mission screen tell you what you have to do in the first place.

Spawning isn't explained at all, vehicles (and how to take care of them) are seemingly completely random. There's no way to change your weapon that you spawn with as far as I can tell, and often times you die, only to magically re-appear where you died at with a magic new weapon and you get spawn killed.

What the hell? It's almost as if the developers didn't even do anything except take a landmass, made some multiplayer code, and just slap it on there and call it "done".

Can someone please answer this... when I join a multiplayer match, what is my purpose? Where do I go? What do I do? Please, if someone can reasonably explain this then I will give them a cookie.

Right now the design is so messed up that in my eyes multiplayer is utterly broken. Big maps and spaced out firefights are great, but not a horribly designed gameplay mode.

Spetz I am glad you are having fun but I find it really hard to understand how you can be playing with everything set to high which is 2nd highest setting possible with a single core CPU and by all accounts a slow video card. I may be totally wrong but when you click the advanced graphic settings are you saying that every single field is high?

no its not all maxed, when i click High most things are just High

i will give u exact things in few minutes, i will post screen shot,

I don't even have latest drivers:D

Edits:

specsphoto.th.jpg

well second look shows that i got the filtering on low, but im just happy i won't need another computer,

If you pc can run ArmA on max, then you can run ArmA2 on High with decent FPS,

I tried putting texture detail on max, and the menu lagged alot, so i put it back on default high

My PC is Dual core, just that it was before Core 2, so basically its a Pentuim 4 but a little bit better,

Edited by Spetz

Why am I only getting 28fps on MEDIUM??????

Try lower your view distance down.

I have tried 10 different sets of graphics settings, from low to very high, 1920x1200 to 1440x900...no matter what I do, I can't get over 28 fps. What gives?

Defending the castle tower is extremely fun with a sniper rifle and some fireteams.

Is there any way to get a ghillie suit in the demo?

Posted in another now locked thread, though I would post it here:

Korjax.

I know where you are coming from and to a first time user the original ofp, ARMA1 and ARMA2 can appear like a broken FPS game.

This is far from the truth. You cannot compare this game to COD, Crysis, Frontlines or any of those limited map shooters. None of those are simulating anything apart from atmosphere which they do a good job at most of the time.

ARMA is more of a military simulator. Let the game spread across the US and watch as more servers popup which are created by people that know what they are doing.

For example have you watched saving private ryan or platoon? see how the squads work together, did you watch Blackhawk down? again squads working together in a logical methodical way can cause carnage against many times their numbers.

Games in ARMA can be and generally are, on good servers, like this. A squad of real players will have a target of somekind, a town, an outpost in a forest, some military installtion or just release POW's from an enemy camp. There are hundreds of possibilities all which get modded by the community and once you join a squad and play using Teamspeak or something similar there is nothing else like it, trying to stay alive is so enthralling.

Hang in there, read more forums, join a squad. This is fun but if you expect it to be a login, kill some people in 2 mins and log off fest after respawning 5 times then this game is not for you.

P.S you can create your own server and play multiplayer scenarios on your own as well, just lock the server, I have done this, or you can play multiplayer but use AI to fill in your squad members and give them orders.

Edited by Dogtags

Pentium D is dual core.

I have tried 10 different sets of graphics settings, from low to very high, 1920x1200 to 1440x900...no matter what I do, I can't get over 28 fps. What gives?

Did you turn off v-sync?

post it if it fixes the problem please :bounce3:

Hmm played for an hour and a half and has been stable so far with 9.5..

Hmm played for an hour and a half and has been stable so far with 9.5..

Hey fingers crossed :)