1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

its not the netcode , most of the servers are Peer to Peer

im sure you will notice a MAJOR increase in playability once the full game is released and people start making massive dedicated servers

people can run demo dedicated servers using -server

as commandline parameter (and rest parameters same like with arma2 hosting)

...all of a sudden fire from an AI started coming in. The commander went prone but I kept looking around to see if I could see who/where and saw nothing, next thing I died. I don't know why except maybe the commander got hit by backblast and I was the target after?

There are atleast 2 enemy AI in a town very close to the camp, I accidently ran into them while driving the humvee along the road.

And not your day is it bravo 6.

Well, d/l went smooth, install went smooth and the first 2 bootcamp missions were smooth.

I have had a play around in the editor - nil problems.

all in all very enjoyable so far, my new Core i7 is eating this for breakfast (and the gtx295 is picking up the scraps :cool: )

found some castrated multiplayer editor for the demo.. you choose to host a game and in the mission list there's a "new mission" option. you have a teamplate with 2 enemy reinforcements, 2 patrols and enemy base. the problem is that i can't find a way to spawn an empty chopper or armour ;( only AI-controlled vehicles.

i wonder if there's a way to use full arma2 to edit demo missions.

There are atleast 2 enemy AI in a town very close to the camp, I accidently ran into them while driving the humvee along the road.

And not your day is it bravo 6.

LOL thanks!

That explains it. I never expected enemy AI during training, cool!

Demo is awesome! Thanks BIS!

Can anyone tell me how to stop the AI and my character from calling out where the enemy are. It drives me insane especially when there's a lot of infantry around. I've turned the radio off in audio option which helped a little but I can still hear them "Man! In front..of.. US!" I don't really understand what they mean anyway and not sure why my own character does it before I actually see them, kinda ruins the experience for me. If i can turn it off, problem solved. Thanks in advance and soz if this is the wrong place to ask this.

p.s I have 'Auto report' disabled too but didn't do anything.

Harley

Loving the demo so far, runs great on high on my average system :D

however i am having problems when it comes to multiplayer. now a good few games i can connect to. but when my friend hosts one i cant seem to connect. now i know its not on his end becase others can connect to him. but im stuck on connection failed every time :mad:

the game is allowed through my firewall on the exceptions list so i really dont know what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: other people can connect to me now, just not him :/

Edited by samp101

found some castrated multiplayer editor for the demo.. you choose to host a game and in the mission list there's a "new mission" option. you have a teamplate with 2 enemy reinforcements, 2 patrols and enemy base. the problem is that i can't find a way to spawn an empty chopper or armour ;( only AI-controlled vehicles.

i wonder if there's a way to use full arma2 to edit demo missions.

Just place a unit from any faction, then go back to the factions tab and you will see Empty, place anything you want.

I haven't had the time to actually play, but I did explore a lil.

One thing that stood out was the game defaulted to my native res 2560x1600. This is the 1st game I've seen do this, not even Crysis, FarCry2, ect.

And just like ArmA 1, if I lower the res, it gets ugly (blurred/distorted).

This demo should hold me over till my dvd arrives, thanks BIS.

Gnat;1329379']F$%#K ME !

Unable to find setup01.bin

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files in the same directory

Whats this shyt !!??

Can't even install the friggin thing ......

Slowly loosing my patience with you guys ........

Not downloading another 3GB just to get the same error.

Highly suspect this is some sprocket/registry similar shyt

Edit

Win XP Pro (32)

DUH! Seems it must have been downloading with IE that caused the problem.

I downloaded the 7z version using Orbit (6GB later :( ). No problem installing or running then.

..... sorry BIS :inlove:

AWESOME

It was what I was expecting and more.

In the Benchmark Mission I got: 22

WinXP Pro 32bit

DirectX 9.0c

Duo 2.13Ghz

2GB Ram

GeForce 8800GTS 640MB card

driver 6.14.11.7516

Running 1680x1050

Most setting on Normal, with Shadow and PostPro on High.

Even at these lower FPS, seems MUCH more fluid than ArmA1

The slight blur (or is it low res LODs ? ) will take some getting used to. Until I get a new system I guess.

Ingame sounds are a real treat.

Well Done BIS

Lags like hell!!

I was surprised after connecting to 8-10 server all with ping < 80

I haven't seen such terrible performance in the ARMA I nor OFP.

However all servers I've connected had at least 1-2 people with horrible ~200ms ping.

I assume that is the reason.

Is there any way to kick laggers automatically?

As most of the people on those server where discussing how horrible the game

is:o!!!. And I assume that is not the point of the demo.

I'm wondering if whether or not this performance increase is due to there being no 'big' missions in the demo. Fingers crossed the hotfix for retail boosts fps in missions like Manhattan.

Almost all MP games in the demo are being hosted locally by someone. It's no wonder most of them lag like hell. I found a single game yesterday that was barely playable. People should stop downloading pr0n before they decide to host a game. ;)

Hi, the demo looks good, 22FPS in the benchmark; ain't like the new AI command mode or

menu, that's always pressent, ain't like the shadows and the HDR that's too heavy in booth

cases, ain't like the players/AIs skin tone, it's too pale and the custom faces only work from

3Rd person view but not on 1St person; ain't like how the UH-1Y start the engines, it goes

up (the noise) until that it reachs a point where suddently falls down and stabilizes, ain't

like that when the control tower on the airport get damaged, if you're on the control room

if you try to shoot outside the bullets colide with a invisible nothing between the broken

glasses; ain't like that when you go running at full speed and you hit the key to walk slowly

then you begin to run like in slow motion instead just walk slowly, ain't like the fixed zoom

that in CQB makes it really hard to be aware of what you've at your sides, ain't like the

very plastic shape of almost everything begining by the units BDU, the equipment, weapons,

etc.. i like very much the new sounds, their much better than the ArmA ones, i love to be

able of use again the right CTRL key, i like very much to be able of use ATs standing but

ain't like to not be able of do it when prone; i like very much the M1A1 commander's view

with the grain and that but i hate how the M2HB is displaced to the right into the AAV7

gunner optic and i love the sea and water in general, looks very well done and realistic.

So i'll give the demo a 6'9 in a scale between 1 to 10. Let's C ya

XP SP3

dual core 3.0Ghz

2gb ram

8800GT (512MB)

Resolution is 1280x1024 (I have 19" monitor at present)

medium-high settings

no AA

Benchmark fps 25

Will be trying the 24" @ 1920x1200 in the week.

No issues at present.

;)

Ive just been running the benchmark mission a few times and thought I would present my findings. First off here are my rig settings.

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case,

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB,

Akasa PowerMax 850W Power supply,

Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA,

Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache),

Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz,

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366,

LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM,

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two),

SB Audigy SE OEM Creative Sound Blaster,

Windows XP Home Edition. updated to SP3

No overclocking done and everything running at stock speeds but I disabled the soundcard and used the onboard sound.

With each different setting I ran the benchmark three times just to be sure as there are minor variations in the action each time.

First I set everything to max and distance at 10000m.

Results were 16FPs

18FPs

19FPs

Next was a more realistic distance of 3500m.

Results were 25FPS

25FPS

25FPS

Next was a smaller distance of1600m.

Results were 26FPS

26FPS

27FPS

Next I turned down texture detail to high, AA to normal, Shadows to high. and finally disabled post processing.

Results at 10000m were 27FPS

28FPS

27FPS

Results at 3500m. were 41FPS

41FPS

41FPS

Results at 1600m were 50FPS

51FPS

52FPS

Im not going to pass any comments or opinions on the demo. I am only presenting you with a rough guide as to what you can expect with different setups. I hope it helps someone get an idea of how their rig should be performing.

I'm wondering if whether or not this performance increase is due to there being no 'big' missions in the demo. Fingers crossed the hotfix for retail boosts fps in missions like Manhattan.
Probably yes, its because no "big" mission in the demo..but I hope its not. Anyway, I dont think that we will have the hotfix for FPS boost in the next few days, there will be only hotfix for full FSAA support, like in demo...:(

Hi All.

Thise is my first post here.

OK, I've dowloaded the demo yesterday and I must admit that I was really exciting/ but after jumping to the MP it was so lagy my ping was 100< and many aother player allso. my pc was crushing every 30 min'. now I dont know if I will buy this game.

Hi All.

Thise is my first post here.

OK, I've dowloaded the demo yesterday and I must admit that I was really exciting/ but after jumping to the MP it was so lagy my ping was 100< and many aother player allso. my pc was crushing every 30 min'. now I dont know if I will buy this game.

Well maybe you should do like me and I wait after version 1.1 (may take a year to come).

Downloading the most recent Direct X 9 runtime files fixed the .dll error for me.

Get this! I can run the demo on a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz, 2 Megs RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128 Meg, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 system! lmao

Here's YouTube Video Proof

This makes me VERY happy because I frankly cannot afford to upgrade my computer, these days.

Please add (havent checked the retail version yet) a 15:3 aspect ratio option, so we can run perfectly at 5040x1050 with triplehead. :)

I would represent an expansion of your market share, ergo my opinion is invalid.

Ugh. Keep trying.

Downloading the most recent Direct X 9 runtime files fixed the .dll error for me.

Get this! I can run the demo on a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz, 2 Megs RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128 Meg, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 system! lmao

Holy crap mate, how do you get by with a system like that? Should count your licky stars you got it to start :).

Edited by Baldman

With my system - 2.7Ghz CPU, ATI 260 OC 896MB video memory, it was laggy on default settings. Considering I can run most other games at max, it's disappointing. I am definately leaning towards not buying it. Maybe if a tweak guide comes out I can eliminate the lag, but I don't expect I'll be buying it.

Um I'v downloaded the demo and everything, but its calling it an unknown file type. I read that by adding .exe this can be resolved, but that hasn't worked either. Do I have to redownload? Any advice here would be great. :)

Thanks guys,

Hayden