Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread.

@ Door a jar: I wouldn't get your hopes up on a response from BIS on this situation either but if you are still interested in a hard copy take Mr Centipedes advice (I just did- 2 weeks late) and order from NWS-Online Store

As of today, they have the 505 version in stock (Christopher says that they have stopped sourcing from GGE due to complaints of poor packaging /damaged discs and will from now on only stock the 505 Games title).

Price increase (from original post) $42.99 +4.99 S/H USA 1st Class Mail

hmm that is why i received the 505 copy then.

Anyways i ordered from them to Canada, it took a while to get here but i finally have it.

all I can hope for is that by the time my new computer comes, the game will be stocked (finally) at a retailer I trust like Best Buy. i really want a hard copy.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

My local EB Games in Edmonton now lists a shelf date of July 22, which is the second push back (original date was July 10, then July 17).

It continues to flabergast me why it is SO difficult to get a title to market in North America. In the meantime this market continues to be marginalized by the previously released digital version and foreign boxed editions, which just worsens the sales of boxed titles in North America that causes many publishers to stay away from titles like this and perpetuates the seemingly relentless drive to digital/foreign only distribution.

There, I said it.

/me goes back to waiting, and waiting, and waiting... :P

There are two factors as to why the game is so hard to get in the U.S.

a) developer is crazy European ;)

b) developers chose an obscure publisher

It's already available at most best buy stores, just backordered online. Went to my local Best Buy today and got the game there. Just check availability of the item online by typing in your zip code for the store locator or something.

Where do you live? I tried all of southern California and the site said unavailable for all of them.

Seems to only be available in Alaska, Hawaii and the midwest. Hopefully it's everywhere by Monday.

Gamestop/EBgames in Canada says they're getting a shipment on monday Jul 20th and putting it on shelves on wednesday Jul 22.

Somebody needs to tell them the game is already released in North america

no need to keep in the back til wednesday.

Where do you live? I tried all of southern California and the site said unavailable for all of them.

I'm in Northern Illinois. They didn't have it on the shelves though, the guy had to go in back and get me a copy. It looked fishy at first--the outer box cover had a dent or two in it, but the real box (don't ask me why there were two) was fine and the CD was in great shape, etc....

just got my arma2 box in today from http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/armaii.html. I don't know who the publisher is cause it doesn't say any on the box. But i'm guessing its the 505 version.
Not that it will matter, but I just received mine from them today...and it is the GGE version (1.01.57631) and not the 505 as indicated in my previous e-mail to/from NWS.

There is no mention of the pub on the packaging at all but there is a very brief GGE splash following the devs at program startup.

I'll never DigiDL a game, never feels like you really own it.

I would like BIS to get every penny though. Online stores are telling me 2 weeks , local stores.......Best buy 60 miles or more away ,have some in stock. Local gamestop never even heard of ARMA2.

Is there a way to get the US version of ARMA2 that gives the full price to BIS instead of middle men?

Hi,

@Soldier of Anarchy

If you really want to maximize BIS profit use this site:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77348

This is where I downloaded it. It took a couple of hours and the process is very simple. It's a bit more expensive but in my case the difference was compensate by the fact that I was not paying taxes (Canada).

I can tell you that I am also the hard copy type but the trade off is worthed. Not only BIS receive more profit but you just trade having to use your dvd and dealing with a permanent securom solution every time you play for a one time online securom activation. Just backup your installation files and use them to reinstall. The resulting installation is the same as a hard copy. You activate once and that's it. No more dvd needed.

Cheers

Edited by AliMag

I live in Arkansas, and I went to the best buy online store, and typed in arma 2...then clicked the check stores button and typed in my zip code...and guess what!? they don't have any copies in arkansas, but they have some in Joplin Missouri...sorry, I'm not driving 2 1/2 hours to go buy this game...I thought they said it was july 19th on the forums, must of read wrong :(

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

I'll never DigiDL a game, never feels like you really own it.

I would like BIS to get every penny though. Online stores are telling me 2 weeks , local stores.......Best buy 60 miles or more away ,have some in stock. Local gamestop never even heard of ARMA2.

Is there a way to get the US version of ARMA2 that gives the full price to BIS instead of middle men?

Amen to that, Everyone depends on Digital DL now...I prefer going to lets say Best Buy and having the box right there :). Plus if something goes wrong with the cd I can go and get a new one. how ownage is that :)

I live in Arkansas, and I went to the best buy online store, and typed in arma 2...then clicked the check stores button and typed in my zip code...and guess what!? they don't have any copies in arkansas, but they have some in Joplin Missouri...sorry, I'm not driving 2 1/2 hours to go buy this game...I thought they said it was july 19th on the forums, must of read wrong :(

It's weird. The game is only available in some states and it seems completely random. Available in Alaska but not California? Available in Missouri but not New York? Hopefully it comes to all states this week.

In Burnaby, BC, Canada, at Lougheed Mall, the EB Games store there confirms July 22nd for the release as specified by the computer itself. Went there today hoping to pick it up, wound up picking up a pre-owned copy of Assassin's Creed instead. Well, at least I get to get my parkour on until Wednesday.

No idea if its been posted (probably has) but cant hurt...

Amazon £19.99 delivered (with super saver delivery)

Zavvi had the best deal at £15 however was out of stock.. no idea how long it would take to get another load in... and knowing ArmA... a LONG time.

For what it's worth some good news for those who are, like me, on the left coast of the Estados Unidos. Just got mine from Best Buy this morning! Should be out on shelves this afternoon:bounce3: Don't know what version (maybe someone could tell me what this 505 stuff is all about...) but after waiting and watching this long, just glad to have it in hand!

Cheers!

I also picked up my copy from a local Best Buy today (in Florida). It wasn't even on the shelf yet, and the clerk had to retrieve it from the warehouse. :cool:

Just got mine from Best Buy in Glendora, California. They didn't even know they had it, the guy went in the back and discovered they had 12 copies that hadn't been put on the shelf yet.

InterAction Computers in North Vancouver, BC has copies

http://www.gameaction.com/ (1st and Lonsdale)

Not listed on their site though.

My friend who saw them said the price was something like $59.

EBGames/Gamestop is supposed to be putting them on shelves tommorow.

Edited by jblackrupert

EB games in canada (at least in the toronto area) should have them today. I will try to pic up a copy and post the result here.

Edit: I called EB games and they said that it has been postponed yet again to tomorrow (July 23rd). They said to call back tomorrow to see what's up.

Edited by Blitzbomber