Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread.

Before buying it digitally read a little around the forum first, you might reconsider ;)

What do you mean? I never buy physical PC games anymore, it's inconvenient.

p.s. I've already bought it, downloading now.

Saw it at Walmart here in Edmonton when I was there tonight. Walmart?!? Wow.

Yeah, I just picked up a copy from walmart (ontario). I was surprised to find it also.

Uk

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10044005.product

15.95 GBP

Use this code = weekend10 (only until the end of today!!!) to get 10% off

Just ordered my copy with the code for 14.35 GBP - Delivered!!! :D

been playing the demo via steam since release, but 14.35 is to hard to ignore :D

you can digitaly buy games and eceive em physicaly never heard of internet stores? ( like the Dutch bol.com ) Download buying stuff from the internet is too old =p if your power gets cut of ( black out etc) you lost your money but never got the game.. =p

i tried to buy from sendit.com and also zavvi.com, but no results. they made me wait to provide arma 2 dvd over 10 days each one , totally i waited almost a month.so i had to cancel both my orders.

Does the game run better than the demo? because it ran horrible for me during demo play.

Also the mp was bad, i don't want to play with bots and 2 humans, i want to play lots of human, and seeing as how ofp2dr is a dying game because of no DS's and low detail and weapon count this is the game to get, but how many weapons are in the game?

Edited by Lightcreated

i got mine for :eek: £10.00 + free p/p :eek: mint condition from eBay ,wouldn't run on the guys rig, i love a bargain :yay:

For any romanians that are interested of buying the game from a "local" store you can find it at :

www.gamestore.ro

It's not in stock right now , I prob bought the only copy :p ( since it's so damn hard to find here in romania) , but hey it's good to know.

Hope it helps :)

im from argentina and bought it through Steam. Game works like a charm. And steam saves the hassle of broken disks etc. Also if I change computers eventually my games stay all in my steam account I can browse through the games I bought there and install in a couple of clicks.

Does the game run better than the demo? because it ran horrible for me during demo play.

Also the mp was bad, i don't want to play with bots and 2 humans, i want to play lots of human, and seeing as how ofp2dr is a dying game because of no DS's and low detail and weapon count this is the game to get, but how many weapons are in the game?

no, it's horrible. as for weapons, not as many as ofpdr, but more detailed, and has better ordinances.

at this point both ofp2 and arma 2 are treading dung territory.

Which Arma 2 Program should i buy that will run the DayZ mod. because there is like 5 different ones there is:

Arma 2

Arma 2 army of the czech republic

Arma 2 British armed forces

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Arma 2 private military company

and i think some others but i just want to know wich one i should get so that i can us the DayZ Mod?

Guys, there is nothing wrong with Steam. If you want a DVD copy, make a backup disc,which it will let you do. I downloaded Arma2 in an hour. Yes it will not let you do beta patches......but I never liked beta patches anyways.

Yes it will run Mods, Custom maps, custom skins, custom what ever. You can do everything with the steam version as you could with the disc besides patching because it does it for you.

Steam is super safe as long as you keep your email address updated for it and dont give your username and password out to anyone. I have bought 10 games off steam since it came out and I have not once had a problem. I hate having discs and boxes around, it clutters up my place and who wants to keep a stack of cds that you have to switch out. Plus when I add people to my friends list I can see what they are playing and message them in game.

Steam has so many advantages and very very little disadvantages. The people who have negative things to say about steam, have never tried it, or cant read the instructions they give you. That simple.

Army of the Czech Republic (ACR), British Armed Forces (BAF) and Private Military Company (PMC) are all DLC for Operation Arrowhead (OA) and not needed.

For DayZ you need Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, which you can get separately or in the Arma 2: Combined Operations (A2+OA), Arma X: Anniversary Edition (A2+OA+BAF+PMC+Arma: Cold War Assault*+Arma: Gold Edition**) or Arma 2: Complete Collection (A2+OA+ACR+BAF+PMC) bundles. Once you have both A2 and OA installed, you can go ahead and use the DayZ Commander for the rest of the DayZ setup process.

The PMC DLC will make Survivor outfits look higher-res and the BAF DLC may make the L85A2 RIS Holo look better, but only Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is needed... although while there's a method to substitute Arma 2: Free for Arma 2, the majority of DayZ content -- weapons, equipment and the Chernarus "map" -- will look noticeably lower-res than if you had bought Arma 2.

* Arma: Cold War Assault is a re-branded/renamed Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, the predecessor to the Arma series.

** Arma: Gold Edition is ArmA: Armed Assault (aka Arma: Combat Operations) and the Arma: Queen's Gambit expansion pack.