Sign in to follow this  
ARGold

ARMA 2 Adult content

Should Adult Content be allowed in ARMA 2?  

813 members have voted

1. 1. Should Adult Content be allowed in ARMA 2?

• Yes: If there were Adult Content, I would download it.
    • Ok: I would not use it but it coud be available for others.
    • No Opinion.
    • No.

hows this for adult content, Focus on the mortar! LOL.jpg

Edited by Shinobi575

Clearly that man just fainted from having an orgasm.

Abs

[Edit: ...and dare I say it, it looks like that Marine just gave it to him.]

That charactor is nothing like me personally, but it is fun and interesting to make the bad moral choices in FRP where those choices hurt no-one.

Bravo, my thoughts exactly, though I don't see a need for anything more than what we have personally (I'd prefer to see countermeasures or armour penetration systems on the tanks) but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

some remember flash poit when impacts blow up a man into pieces, some one must work in that becouse this is the real face of the war i like to play this game but i belive that can made the mind of the people more concient this is great but need a 80% of real violence to get more respect something like doom

When referring to gore and other so called adult content i believe its more than resonable in a game.

If a game such as this is meant to be one of the most realistic games of all tiem how come shooting someone in teh head with a a 50 Cal. machine gun only leaves them with a few cuts n bleeds?

For total immersion in a game gore and other content sucha s that are needed.

Tehy make it more believable and more fun.

In the sense of gore as adult content then yes i totally agree that sort of content should be included in the game for more immersion and realism since this is supposed to be a realistic military simulator.

But as for nude models, slavery and whatever else you've stated... that shit's just wrong, man.

Not only that but this game engine wouldn't even suit it, take that shit somewhere else.

300+ votes for yes...

I can has pr0n nao? :yay:

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

But as for nude models... that shit's just wrong, man.

Surely there's nothing wrong with nudity... :j:

Surely there's nothing wrong with nudity... :j:

Well I mainly directed that statement at the slavery topic, but I do think that nude models are a ridiculous idea for this game... I just don't understand what purpose they could serve... even if some sad people out there would want to use it as a means to relieve their sexual tension... wtf would you do?! Just stare at it? because that's pretty much all the Player-NPC action your gonna get out of this engine. This engine wasn't made for that kind of content.

wtf would you do?! Just stare at it? because that's pretty much all the Player-NPC action your gonna get out of this engine. This engine wasn't made for that kind of content.

I dunno, I can think of a few things. The engine may not have been made for it but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Either way, I would probably download something like that.

Well I mainly directed that statement at the slavery topic, but I do think that nude models are a ridiculous idea for this game... I just don't understand what purpose they could serve... even if some sad people out there would want to use it as a means to relieve their sexual tension... wtf would you do?! Just stare at it? because that's pretty much all the Player-NPC action your gonna get out of this engine. This engine wasn't made for that kind of content.

Yep

:pray:

Well, take the 'intended rape victim'-scene in the first mission of the campaign. Turning that into a fulfilled and finished rape scene has its place in ArmA2 as far as I'm concerned, both for war crimes and for the police-style of missions.

I do personally not see the need for any functional intercourse of any kind, but I can't see why nudity doesn't have a place.

I do personally not see the need for any functional intercourse of any kind

That's basically what I have been arguing this whole time

Thanks for clearing it up.

Well, take the 'intended rape victim'-scene in the first mission of the campaign. Turning that into a fulfilled and finished rape scene has its place in ArmA2 as far as I'm concerned.

So many things wrong with that sentence... But ah, out of curiosity, what nook or cranny in the ARMA II cabinet would a "fulfilled and finished rape scene" fit into? Seriously, you've piqued my interest. Since when it is not enough to imply that a character has been the victim of a rape, a beating or some other crime?

Edited by GoOB

Well, that all depends on how explicit you want to make it and what kind of reactions the mission maker want to provoke, doesn't it?

I wouldn't react the same to a fully dressed woman saying she's scared and was about to be raped, as I would react to a bruised, naked, sobbing woman curled up into fetal position.

So the torn, bloodied clothes, the bruises, scratches and wounds on the model in game were not enough to stir the imagination of what might have transpired? But ah, never mind... Your reply just gave me another quote to worry about, so I'll just stop my inquries in the matter of what place a "fulfilled and finished rape scene" complete with pixel-tits could hold in a tactical shooter.

There is a moving, daring and quite excellent piece of cinema that deals with the topic of rape (amongst other things), it is called Irréversible. Go watch that, then post here, tell me how you feel and if you think that naked 3D models could evoke the same emotions or fill the same purpose as certain scenes in that film does.

Edited by GoOB

in a tactical shooter.

ArmA 2 is not just a tactical shooter. In fact there as a whole community that plays it as an RPG...

The question is, what happens if a young person gets a hold of this sort of content?

It doesn't bother me if it's out there or not, but could this cause some sort of legal problem for BIS?

The question is, what happens if a young person gets a hold of this sort of content?

It doesn't bother me if it's out there or not, but could this cause some sort of legal problem for BIS?

I don't see how that could be a problem.

IMO, if parents don't want their children exposed to that stuff they shouldn't have let them buy/play ArmA... besides if they're able to have access to it (through the internet) then there are worse things they could potentially be exposed to.

Naturally, you do make a good point. There is always the possibility of a parent overreacting, as we've seen before with certain games.

Naturally, you do make a good point. There is always the possibility of a parent overreacting, as we've seen before with certain games.

Indeed, but I don't see how they could persue any legal action...

I really don't know enough about international laws but I doubt anywhere a parent could successfully sue BIS for their children being exposed to "questionable" content.

Try dragging hurt women with first aid simulation and battlefield clearance, this already looks bizarre.

zGuba: try putting a woman to drive a car/pick up a gun, thats *bizarre* :)