Sign in to follow this  
walker

Do You find ArmA Infinite Land Spooky?

Do You find ArmA II's Infinite Land Spooky?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Do You find ArmA II's Infinite Land Spooky?

• Yes
    • No

With no regards to replies being posted in this thread - yes.

Infinite land is spooky for one reason... the void, the unknown. The final frontier... - space this is a freightening environment for us, human, to live, study...

Drunken ramblings

There should be an easter egg in the next patch that makes it so if you stay off the map for an hour it should spawn cows with axes to run at you and kill you like Diablo II's Mad cow level.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqn0Xp-oXQA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqn0Xp-oXQA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not Spooky at all..

To make the infinite land even more interesting, place yourself far out there, and put the following into your unit's init field:

this removeWeapon "itemCompass"; this setDir random 360

... lost. :eek:

LoL thats funny :)

but there is a way out of that madness..

got time.? optinal a clock.

the sun rises in east and sets in west. so if you got pleny of time you can just sit and watch the sun :p

then you know the direction :)

not a good idea in stormy weather :16_6_8:

ArmA 2 the only game where one can experience infinity. That's why it's hard to find Bigfoot, he is somewhere in infinite terrain, waiting for yet another lone wanderer. :581::581:

Edited by USSRsniper

Not Spooky at all..

LoL thats funny :)

but there is a way out of that madness..

got time.? optinal a clock.

the sun rises in east and sets in west. so if you got pleny of time you can just sit and watch the sun :p

then you know the direction :)

not a good idea in stormy weather :16_6_8:

You could watch your shadow and make a sundial/suncompass.

I wonder if the stars are accurate?

It's not infinite

i made it to the end using an harrier, on the ocean side

the sea ended, the seafloor continued for some time then i crashed on the end (invisible wall)... very weird

never saw how it ends on the land side though

I only find it spooky when the Evil Monkey is sneaking through my closet door....

Evil_Monkey_301.gif

I only find it spooky when the Evil Monkey is sneaking through my closet door....

I find it spooky that in every thread someone thinks he can come up with his pointless spam in order to increase his postcount. :mad:

I don't find the infinite land spooky. The same we had on Schmalfelden, Avgani and a bunch of other maps for ArmA1. No one seen them as 'spooky'.

Hi all

The infinite land on Schmalfelden, Avgani was not fractal generated it was repeating tiles same as it was in Delta Force 2. Nor would AI react in ArmA I beyond the map confines. I never felt the need to go explore repeating tiles; once you have seen one you have seen them all.

A fractal generated true procedural terrain is a whole different kettle of fish.

I think some people are failing to understand the question or its implications.

The question is not:

"Is ArmA Infinite Land Spooky?"

The question is:

Do You find ArmA Infinite Land Spooky?

As to it feeling spooky for me and others; I do not believe in ghosts; but do note that humans may be frightened of the unknown. That tells us some thing as humans about our own natures, so like anyone with a curious mind I want to know about it. It has interesting consequences for game designers. In fact game designers and film makers and story tellers and writers since the dawn of human experience has know that the unknown is the greatest of monsters.

It seems to me that a simulation such as ArmA would be a great tool to psychologists in understanding the human reaction and experience of fear. For a game company being able to quantify these factors would be a massive economic advantage. Already makers of fair ground rides do precisely this.

As an aside I would be curious to know if any other animal than humans is capable of telling or understanding horror stories.

Kind Regards walker

Ever explored the map in Soldner? An epicly HUGE terrain that isn't tiled. Drive up to the top of a distant mountain, then look back at where you started. Eerie.

The future of travel, I'm betting.

I don't find it spooky: unsettling would be a better word. Vehicle driving physics are altered at times when driving through it, and when flying over it you get a sense of the emptiness of the land. Something....should be there! If only a few trees!

Perhaps somebody will discover sasquatch lurking behind a hill in the infinite territory and put an end to the mystery once and for all!

infinir land isn't populated with tree and bush. it's actually a desert. worth nothing .