Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Thanks for your help. the graphix issue has resolved itself completely now im having another issue.

I cant get anything to lift! I added vehicles in front of the helicopters. then I added in the heli lift line the vehicle description. But it didnt work.

Can someone do the dirty work for me??

http://www.unitedgamingfederation.net/downloads/armamissions/TVT40_Domination_2_29A2_TT_OA.Takistan.pbo

Mmm, not sure if you know what you want here.

Those are the mission files. Download them and have a look inside, it should become a bit clearer.

What is the possibility to adding civilians to the mix?

-In main target AO; 5 civilians that must be rescued in addition to default operations.

-If 15 civilians are killed throughout the entire mission; Mission Failure.

-Civilians must be rescued and transported back to either the base, or captured village.

-Civilians removed (deleted) once rescued for preformance.

-If enemy attempts to retake a village, 10 civilians spawn and must be relocated.

-Civilians should be neutral to both sides until "rescued" and in transport.

I have an intermediate knowlege on scripting syntax. Mainly I'm looking for a point in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time, and I apprectiate all the help and resources posted here on these forums.

What is the possibility to adding civilians to the mix?

-In main target AO; 5 civilians that must be rescued in addition to default operations.

-Civilians must be rescued and transported back to either the base, or captured village.

-Civilians removed (deleted) once rescued for preformance.

-If enemy attempts to retake a village, 10 civilians spawn and must be relocated.

-Civilians should be neutral to both sides until "rescued" and in transport.

I have an intermediate knowlege on scripting syntax. Mainly I'm looking for a point in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time, and I apprectiate all the help and resources posted here on these forums.

Thats a good idea, check out the thread in scripting

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104827

Bad idea. Some guys are in it only to wreck the mission.

This is for a well admin'd server, and trouble makers arn't an issue. And if the mission fails its really no big deal, just a game. Just start over. The main idea is to prevent the ability to flatten the towns with artillary blindly, but still keep the artillary in the game. In other words someone has to mark where the civi's are before bombardment can occur without risking the mission.

Idealy the numbers of civilians present at AO required to rescue, and how many can die before failure would also be an adjustable setting when starting the mission.

Whos working on a PMC Domination ?

Just out curiousity:

How does one take the 'fast time' parameter and apply it to a separate mission? I can probably move the actual parameter itself across via description.ext, but how is the fast time actually executed? Is there something deep in the code?

Thank you :)

Do a search for fast time script. You can also check Armaholic, Arma Edit, Armed Assault info ect ect in scripting section for it and how to add to missions.

Cutting up Domination for scripts is a pain in the but. Trust me.

Do you know if the one in Domination has the cloud-skipping problem, where each change of time/date moves the clouds suddenly? I can't remember seeing it in Domination, and it's quite immersion breaking :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Would I be able to get anyone to edit domination into the map lingor for me?

I am looking particularly for west AI

The only domi version I have found for lingor has ACE as a requirement.

Id like to avoid ace at all possible costs.

Can someone help me?

:

Originally Posted by Interloper

I notice a couple of posts regarding destruction of the wreck repair bay in domination west and no capacity to repair this. We have noticed this also on our server and it wasn't clear to me from reading the forums whether this was deliberate or not and I guess whether there was any way to modify this so it could be repaired? cheers for any comment input.

Xeno's response: Only engineers can rebuild the support buildings.

They have to go near the ruins and select the action menu entry to rebuild it.

I've done a search and this seems the only significant comment on the subject. However we still have this problem. IF the WRECK repair area is destroyed or the HELO repair or the FIXED wing aircraft area for that matter, an engineer cannot repair them. It shows it available for repair when I approach it and it allowes me to initiate the repaires, showing a comment that it will take awhile to repair.

An hour or more later and it is still not repaired. Is there a fix, work around or what ever for this?

I can tell you what's going wrong. :)

In the olden days, to prevent something taking damage, you used "allow damage false" on objects and Xeno uses this code and as you've seen, it's not reliable.

There's now an event handler method for preventing stuff getting destroyed and if you're able, I suggest you change the code to use that.

I can tell you what's going wrong. :)

Allowdamage is not used for support buildings.

@ChiefRedCloud, could be that some things in OA have changed and it doesn't work anymore or you are using one of the first OA versions (where it had some issues). It was working fine once (including JIP handling).

Xeno

That'll be why. :) Thanks X.

I don't know if I've changed mine a lot in this respect, but I don't have a wreck repair building, just the helipad. There's nothing to destroy. I am running TT version though so we get a lot less base attacks, so that is a consideration too.

Edited by Tankbuster

Can someone help point me to where I would go to find out how to move the bonus vehicles spawns?

@ChiefRedCloud, could be that some things in OA have changed and it doesn't work anymore or you are using one of the first OA versions (where it had some issues). It was working fine once (including JIP handling).

Xeno

Honestly Xeno I don't know if we're using the first version of OA or not. Not to sound dirt stupid, but how would we/I tell? We are using Dom 2.28 OA I believe modded to our server.

Perhaps somehow something was messed up by our modder. I have no idea. But, by choice, I have given myself the task of tiding up the batlefields and this kind of precludes doing that.

Bottom line, I need to learn how to do this so I can better understand things.

Thanks for everyones comments. I appreciate this.

Edited by ChiefRedCloud

Hello, I downloaded DomOA_2_54.7z from http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files.

When i edit and play the mission allready packed out all is good but when I try to unpack edit and play co30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan then it wont work.

is pboview08 to old to unpack or am I missing something.

I would love to edit the AI mission and play on closed servers with some friends.

Hello, I downloaded DomOA_2_54.7z from http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files.

When i edit and play the mission allready packed out all is good but when I try to unpack edit and play co30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan then it wont work.

is pboview08 to old to unpack or am I missing something.

I would love to edit the AI mission and play on closed servers with some friends.

Funny you say that hatzville. i had been trying to edit a TVT domi on that version and when i added all the vehicles to the lifts scripts they never worked. Frustrating when you go through all that work to have something NOT work. Anyone have any insight on this?