Sign in to follow this  
Chomp

Patch or Demo which do you prefer to come first?

Patch or Demo?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Patch or Demo?

• Release the patch first
    • Release the demo first

I demand a patch with fries!!!

Seriously, if I didn't already have it I'd say demo but since I do...

I voted for patch because hopefully that can then be incorporated into the demo and so show off the sim in its best light.

+1

No use demoing the bugs. Demo the frikkin awesom game instead!

Give us the demo please, i went to buy the spanish hard copy and they have delayed 1 week the game. I have seen all youtube videos, even the "cow invasion" and the "nigga stole my bike", i have run out of media info, seen all previews, reviews, rants, polls, demo riots etc..

I hope they have some issue whith the patch so they can get tomorrow ready the demo.. though i will be asking for the patch next week xD.. whatever can´t wait to see how my 9600gt bites the dust with this game.

Edited by katua

Id prefer demo so i can test it out with my system. and the fact that im from North america so game is not released over here and ive been itching to try it out :)

Edited by koenigsegg
Forgot

One patch to unite them all(different game versions).

LOL, demo the game in current condition and only the die hards will buy it. Patch the bugger then worry about the demo!

well the poll really can't really be considered since both choices have advantages and disadvantages over each other..

if the Patch were to be released first... the advantage to those who have the game will be that they will have less Bugs to deal with + the demo will be improved to those who don't have the game yet.. the Disadvantage.. simple.. whose who want a demo before buying the game...will have to wait:)

on the other hand... if the Demo is released first, the advantage would be that those who don't have the game can give it a try before buying it, and to people can locate more bugs WHICH will create better patches for 1.02(given that further improvements are still occurring during the Demo-Patch gap).. and the disadvantage... well i think you can figure it out from the last sentence in my 1nd paragraph;)

so if had to put a new option.. I'd vote "I don't care!" but wat the hell.. i voted Patch first:D

It does not matter as long as the demo contains the patch. There has been enough bad PR from Germany and this game has to run smooth as hell after the ArmA1 experience leftovers.

Even though I don't even have Arma2 and have to wait till 26th to get my copy. I Would rather have a patch so some of the bugs are fixed and all the copies are united. I want a demo really bad but I would rather have the a more polished Full version once Arma2 is in my hands

Its sad they are post-poning the demo but if it allow them to make it better, why not.

I just want to have the demo before north america release. Thanks

Guys, less spam please.

Who cares? It's not hurting anybody to have a discussion in the "General" section.

Who cares?

Mods ;)

Patching is most important, and I don't even have the game yet. :butbut:

Well i dont have the game and i want the demo but i still think patch as much as i want the demo, because i will eventually own the game within a week or so.

Patch! :)

But really I think this poll doesn't have much of a point. Ohara has more or less confirmed that the patch will be out first, and the timeframe is currently "tomorrow".

Have to agree with MadDogX I don't think this thread is going to to alter any decisions..... mabey back a few months might of had some type of bite:cool:

DEMO please think of all of the people here in north america suffering without ARMA 2.

DEMO please think of all of the people here in north america suffering without ARMA 2.

LOL think of all the people who splashed out money suffering already!

You freeloaders can wait :j::eek::yay:

I'd prefer a "patched demo"...something that lets the skeptics worried about buying to try it and see it in a close-to-finished form

I'd prefer a "patched demo"...something that lets the skeptics worried about buying to try it and see it in a close-to-finished form

"Pachémo"

Without any doubts I wanna the patch come out the first! To be honest I've recently bought the game :-)

Edited by dkd