Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Ascanius, that was a massive post for something that has been discussed here previously.

Just had a flick through of your work and fair play you have really good skills.

When the final product is released are the soldiers going to have faded webbing pouches, bergens etc... and will the clothing be faded? also are you going to remove the knee pads and gloves from them?

If I get time to do any proper fading/wearing of equipment or clothes I'll do it but I can't promise I will have done a huge amount by release (mainly because I'm not very good at texturing.

In terms of gloves and kneepads the units that have them will keep them. Only 3 of the 12 (i think i have 12) temperate units have kneepads and the number isn't much higher for the gloves.

For the desert units the kneepad count is a little higher but not much, the gloves are about the same.

And yeah as Pyrdain said, there was a discussion about helmets earlier but I'm doing the Mk6a for now and if I get round to some UKSF the Mk7 will be made.

EDIT: @MunkeeGBR, thanks for the offer of using your bergens. I have decided to not include anything larger than a daysack on my units for now but as I mentioned a while back I was wanting to do some Pathfinder troops at some point and might add bergens to them so i'll keep in touch :) Oh and really like the stuff you have been working on :) Looks good buddy!

Edited by STALKERGB

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

PS: Stalk's i know your busy and have your fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak, but any chance of an ETA, your work is much appreciated by the community and eagerly awaited by all. Any idea as to a release day, would be a great early xmas pressie. Thanks, mate. :D :yay: :bounce3: :)

i think it tomorrow "but as tomorrow never comes there you answer" hope that helps

come on it been ask lots of time you get the same answer as allways when it done and not before

Yeah I'm affraid its still "when its done its done" just because every time I sit down to work I find more things I still need to do. On top of that I have been playing Borderlands alot too recently :)

Personally I would love to get a release out soon because then I can take a break from it all so I'm going as fast as I can :)

Having a bit of trouble with buldozer at the moment, it will only display textures really blurry which means i can only see what stuff really looks like in game (meaning everything takes longer)!

Does anyone know a way to fix this, I tried increasing the defualt A2 profile to full settings and no luck (although i dont actually have a profile called default) and tried to direct buldozer to a different cfg but that gave me no joy.

:(

Are you ever going to release these? why not an initial release? or just cancel this project.

Are you ever going to release these? why not an initial release? or just cancel this project.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Make your own, once you get your fist out.

I wish we could cancel you! (or at least you're account on here);)

May I direct you to the complaints/suggestion form regarding my very long development period.

Compliants/Suggestion Form for STALKERGB's work

When I release IT WILL be an initial release, I don't plan on just showing people pictures forever. What might look complete to you is sometimes far from finished for the addon maker and I do not want to release something that's half finished as I intend to take a well earned break from doing this after the first release.

If you have been following the thread you will probably know I'm not just doing Temperate and Desert infantry and their weapons. There is quite alot of other stuff too which I work on. On top of that I'm not having the easiest of times in the real world at the moment.

Some people don't understand how long it takes to do things for addons, modelling the RIS for the SA80 took 8 hours before I then went back and changed bits of it after suggestions/advice from people, then texturing took about 2 hours before even getting onto any form of shaders. So things take time if you want them to look good.

Or maybe you would prefer I stopped the project...

Still use your British Forces from Arma, and sure will use your Brits in Arma 2, Thanks. Look forward to using them in many missions in the future.

Still use your British Forces from Arma, and sure will use your Brits in Arma 2, Thanks. Look forward to using them in many missions in the future.

Glad to here it matey, never really got round to actually using my A1 units so hopefully will get a bit of a chance to use these ones lol

Anyway, I redid the Mk6a last night, dunno what people think is better, the new one is in the top of each picture.

Not a massive difference but its slightly bigger cause what I had was (i felt) a bit small.

Oh and redid the Ally Band too. Side on is the biggest difference.

helmetcompare.jpg

Nice, looking good. The only problem is that Prydain's probably going to demand that you leave the NVG mount in that rather fetching shade of electric pink :D

The only problem is that Prydain's probably going to demand that you leave the NVG mount in that rather fetching shade of electric pink :D

How did you know? I have been bumming you for too long.

Excellent work Stalker, if you can give a soldier a pair of pink boxers hanging out of his day sack, please do. It would be realistic as everyone needs a change of boxers after jizzing over a perfect section assault.

Are the cover straps wrong or is that me being a gayer? Goodness, I am blind, it just needs a bit of detail and the helmet is done. I can't wait to see it all together ready to kill some Cheddar scum.

Edited by Prydain
Because too much tugging makes me blind.

Nice helmets STALKERGB.....your arma1 brits rocks..looking forward for arma2 brits:yay::yay:

many thks for your contributions

What Pry is trying to say is that he wants a unit in crotchless or no trousers and a collection of disgustingly soiled trophy underwear hanging from the daysack.

Which by the looks of things isn't asking for a whole lot more detail than will already be on the units.

Keep up the good work.

On top of that I have been playing Borderlands alot too recently :)

WOOOO BORDERLANDS!

I am a lvl 26 soldier, what about you?