Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Excellent STALKER, your eye for detail is wonderful, looking forward to your release mate, thanks.

Glad everyone likes :)

In terms of the colour of the RIS should it be the same as the rest of the SA80? In alot of the MOD pics I have seen (specifically one of the BBC reports on the future british soldier) it seems to be lighter than the rest of the gun but on operations is it sprayed a darker black/grey?

Have seen many pictures showing a darker colour also no right or wrong here as many pictures show RIS as same colour, although i think the darker shade breaks it up nicely, just my 10p worth.

Looking good STALKERGB. Any info on poly/tris count of the newer SA80 model. Don't worry, i won't flame you or anything on numbers..i'm just wondering. I'm all for 3D detail instead of fake '85 2D low poly models.

A wire would be nice to see aswell. Wondering if you tried to optimize the RIS (non connected individual RIS blocks).

Keep it up.

Just a small point on the RIS: the top rail ends at the front sight base/gas plug

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z271/challengerone/DSC09845.jpg

As for the colour of the RIS matching the receiver: the two parts are made of different materials (RIS is machined from aluminium and the receiver is stamped steel sheet) with different anti-corrosion finishes, so the colours are unlikely to match well.

Just a small point on the RIS: the top rail ends at the front sight base/gas plug

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z271/challengerone/DSC09845.jpg

As for the colour of the RIS matching the receiver: the two parts are made of different materials (RIS is machined from aluminium and the receiver is stamped steel sheet) with different anti-corrosion finishes, so the colours are unlikely to match well.

YEah I did realise that it ended at the front sight post. I used the scale from the old RIS as a base but forgot that that also went past the front post. Might see if I can change it but its not too easy with the way I have done it :)

EDIT: thanks for the picture too, will be helpful in sorting a few things out, does anyone have a similar pic of the other side?

EDIT2: Will post wireframe polycount in a bit, watching Peep show atm :)

Oh and looking at it, I should be able to shorten the top rail without too much effort...

ONCE AGAIN EDIT: Also does anyone have any decent pictures of the ACOG mount for the SA80?

Edited by STALKERGB

EDIT: thanks for the picture too, will be helpful in sorting a few things out, does anyone have a similar pic of the other side?

I have a video from the manufacturer that shows some decent angles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgA_3ulwN_w

ONCE AGAIN EDIT: Also does anyone have any decent pictures of the ACOG mount for the SA80?

Swift posted some decent ones on Page 4 of this thread

On another note this is nit picking lol, will we see something in the group menu this time. Missed it in the Arma 1 mod (could have been my game being retarded though).

And i cannot remember in the list of weapons or troops if your including a soldier with m4 benelli (shotgun) infantry section's normally come with one soldier wielding this with a Reflex scope attachment.

Dont have my own picture of it in use, this will have to do.

british-army.jpg

On another note this is nit picking lol, will we see something in the group menu this time. Missed it in the Arma 1 mod (could have been my game being retarded though).

And i cannot remember in the list of weapons or troops if your including a soldier with m4 benelli (shotgun) infantry section's normally come with one soldier wielding this with a Reflex scope attachment.

Dont have my own picture of it in use, this will have to do.

british-army.jpg

Yeah the benelli will be in there, will just rename the ARMA2 one for now and maybe model it nicer at a later date (the L128A1 is it?)

I'll try to get round to doing groups as well, if they are not in the initial release don't worry, the config will be a seperate addon so you wont have to download the whole thing again if i update it.

Yeah the benelli will be in there, will just rename the ARMA2 one for now and maybe model it nicer at a later date (the L128A1 is it?)

Great, can't wait... I know you've already mention your not continuing on with SAS till the Infantry is out but when you say your designing it around the Call of Duty 4 SAS model does that mean the The Blacked out kind such as

cod4_01.jpg

Or maybe this kind

helicopter.jpg

Yeah when i get round to it there will be Counter terrorism units in there :)

:omg:

Stalker, you are now my new favorite person. Full stop.

WTFU!? You are a one Mann Army (ModdingArmy of course XD)

WTFU!? You are a one Mann Army (ModdingArmy of course XD)

Yes, yes I am :)

Right I have taken the advice from da12thMonkey and have redone the RIS so that it doesnt come infront of the forward sight post.

railfinal.jpg

Also got bored today so made an ACOG mount for the SA80, does anyone else think mine is a little high?

sa80acog.jpg

And here is a side on wireframe for DaSquade, haven't really done any optimizing yet. At the moment the SUSAT RIS version is sitting at 4718 points and 8871 faces, section count is at 3. Having the RIS rail adds about 3800 faces to the model so it nearly doubles the face count of the standard L85A2. The ACOG version has a slightly higher face/point count by about 500 and has an extra section. If you want any extra info/pics just ask.

wireframe.jpg

Yes, yes I am :

wireframe.jpg

This picture reminds me when i try to model weapons, its the total chaos but you get it real good managed,great work!

It's all looking great, can't wait for the British invasion lol.

Looking forward to the SF boys.

This picture reminds me when i try to model weapons, its the total chaos but you get it real good managed,great work!

Yeah I tend to make things very seperately from one another then piece them all together to avoid too much chaos :)

Presuming that the 'screw' to the front of the gas system parts above the barrel that comes through the forward iron sight, the forward pistol grip and the flash guard are still WIP, I would say that it is coming along superbly. Although, what would I know? :D

Presuming that the 'screw' to the front of the gas system parts above the barrel that comes through the forward iron sight, the forward pistol grip and the flash guard are still WIP, I would say that it is coming along superbly. Although, what would I know? :D

Yeah! What would you know! :)

Yeah I really hate the pistol/bipod grip thing, was something I knocked up to get an idea of what it would look like. Is there a particular one issued?

Haven't got round to doing the screw bit although iwas gonna do it before i posted images but forgot (as always)

And the flash guard is the PR one so will be changing that soon...

Glad you think its coming on well.

Great work so far stalker! Keep it up can't wait to seem 'em finished! Nice to see the real brits finally getting some play.