Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBt5x1FKs8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBt5x1FKs8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by poacher

Thanks for the pictures Pvt. Kiwi and Poacher :) Should help me a bit.

Anyway, been a bit bored with my Brit units as many will probably know, been doing some work on the desert units recently but kinda got a bit bored of doing that too...

Right well my super secret project has been revealed! Unfortunately (but i suppose as ever) a sneaky journalist managed to get a shot of some British Units on Chernarus. The only photo that could clearly make out a soldier has been posted below, it was also reported by the journalist that the cap badge contained a downward pointing sword and the motto "Who Dares, Wins"...

newunitpromosmall.jpg

Bigger...ish

Looks like a SAS COD4 model to me...

Edited by SafetyCatch

Waiting for the release of these excellent troops, any ETA, hoping to change my scenarios and add these to em, i know its a lot of work but such good work needs to be aired asap, impatiant mabey but hoping always. thanks, your work is much appreciated by all.

Oh yeah SAS :) Sneaky doing that secret thingy, I was afraid you would not do any SF units :D

I must say, all your units are looking good, cant wait for them to be released

borat.jpg

That guy is so right, I cant wait to make british invasion on Sahrani with these :D

@SafetyCatch,

I appreciate that the model looks very much like the ones from COD and to an extent that was the point, regardless of realism most people are happy if they feel "cool" as the person they are playing, personally i dont feel the brits have a particularly cool image, more efficient and reliable :) and cause of that mine are based heavily on the COD design which to me seem cool.

The main body is taken from my 4 rifle units,

the helmet is a reshaped mk6 (similar to one i did for my old SF),

the legs are BIS ones with new kneepads which are more like what you see on Brit troops (the kneepads with be making their way onto my 4 rifles too).

The pockets on the arms have just been added onto the standard BIS arms which have been thickened out.

The gloves are obviously the BIS ones.

The magazines are from the SA80s I have with a Magpul modelled ontop of them.

The chestrig was based on the SLA sniper chestrig but the front was remodelled (the back is still pretty much the same though.

Will post pics of this for you tomorrow to back up what i've said.

The belt is an edited for of the PLCE webbing i had on my 3 para units, just reshaped and textured.

Off to watch generation kill now.

Long as there'll be some 4 Rifles without kneepads it's all good. :p

Really looking forward to 'em.

Your right about one thing there Stalks, COD did make the british army cool.

Cracking work, I agree completely on that "cool feel" thing, I don't wanna be running around in Arma 2 feeling like a pleb and I imagine that's the exact opposite of what I would be feeling using these guys.

Keep it up, we're absolutely dying to use these guys. :)

I can imagine doing night time air dropped missions on Sahrani with these, again, they look top notch, awesome stuff.

Edited by Dmahon

@SafetyCatch,

I appreciate that the model looks very much like the ones from COD and to an extent that was the point, regardless of realism most people are happy if they feel "cool" as the person they are playing, personally i dont feel the brits have a particularly cool image, more efficient and reliable :) and cause of that mine are based heavily on the COD design which to me seem cool.

The main body is taken from my 4 rifle units,

the helmet is a reshaped mk6 (similar to one i did for my old SF),

the legs are BIS ones with new kneepads which are more like what you see on Brit troops (the kneepads with be making their way onto my 4 rifles too).

The pockets on the arms have just been added onto the standard BIS arms which have been thickened out.

The gloves are obviously the BIS ones.

The magazines are from the SA80s I have with a Magpul modelled ontop of them.

The chestrig was based on the SLA sniper chestrig but the front was remodelled (the back is still pretty much the same though.

Will post pics of this for you tomorrow to back up what i've said.

The belt is an edited for of the PLCE webbing i had on my 3 para units, just reshaped and textured.

Off to watch generation kill now.

I understand where you're coming from, it is important that the unit looks good and it does, but there are several parts of that model that are unmistakably from the CoD4 SAS model.

The kneepads are the exact kneepads from the CoD4 units, the drop leg pouches also. The chest rig has the union jack, glow stick, radio and push to talk button from the CoD4 SAS model only flipped to the other side and the chest rig is the same rig model (some copy of the HSGI Wasatch) as seen on Captain Price in CoD4 with the open top magazine pouches and grenade pouches mounted on the front.

My point is that throughout this thread you’ve strived for realism with the kit on these units, but if you want your units to continue to have kit that’s used by the British Armed Forces as well as looking good I wouldn’t look to other games for help because they are usually very inaccurate.

Only trying to help mate, good luck with the 4 Rifles, I’m looking forward to them. :)

Edited by SafetyCatch

I understand where you're coming from, it is important that the unit looks good and it does, but there are several parts of that model that are unmistakably from the CoD4 SAS model.

The kneepads are the exact kneepads from the CoD4 units, the drop leg pouches also. The chest rig has the union jack, glow stick, radio and push to talk button from the CoD4 SAS model only flipped to the other side and the chest rig is the same rig model (some copy of the HSGI Wasatch) as seen on Captain Price in CoD4 with the open top magazine pouches and grenade pouches mounted on the front.

My point is that throughout this thread you’ve strived for realism with the kit on these units, but if you want your units to continue to have kit that’s used by the British Armed Forces as well as looking good I wouldn’t look to other games for help because they are usually very inaccurate.

Only trying to help mate, good luck with the 4 Rifles, I’m looking forward to them. :)

Who gives if its got parts of COD model that stalks wants to work from, its still the best damn british model iv ever seen for Arma 2 to date.

Daniel;1469641']Long as there'll be some 4 Rifles without kneepads it's all good. :p

Really looking forward to 'em.

Yeah most of the 4 rifle units wont have kneepads' date=' will be more on the desert guys but with the temperate units it will just be two or three (of about 12 different units). The only reason there have been so many troops with kneepads in the pics i have posted is because they were the ones i did first :)

@SafetyCatch and then everyone else, I understand that you're trying to help and right now i think i could really do with it, as alot of you know I've not been super enthusiastic about my units recently. This has pretty much been the case since I first mentioned it a few months ago. Weirdly realism is one of he reasons for this lack of enthusiasm, having to do things in a particular way so that things look exactly like they should can be really draining and to a point removes alot of the creativity involved with making an addon, i suppose this what what i was trying to do with the SF (permission had already been sought where it was nessaccery). Unfortunately I think I am only tricking myself as the 4 Rifle Addon is, and will, always be the addon i pay most attention to (i suppose my "flagship" addon) and with that i'm aiming for something more realistic. Obviously there are real life issues I'm having to deal with that probably accounts for the biggest lack of any enthusiasm, my GF being unwell for so long and the massive amount of work coming at me from every direction at college and then work. Stupidly i'm at college monday to friday then i work saturday and sunday :( Anyway rather than dragging this all out I'm contemplating spending as much time as i can over the half term finishing the 4 rifles for at least an initial release, by that I mean both temperate AND desert. (that would be with weapons too). Been thinking about doing this for a while just so that i dont dissapoint anyone with a long drawn out WIP that never turns into anything...

Anyway, below is a pic or two of the desert units at the moment cause i dont think anyone has seen them yet.

Rifleman

Many hours of trying to make a rucksack look dusty

Edited by STALKERGB

Very nice job :) You are one hell of a modder/addoner STALKER :)

Good work Stalker, do it at your own pace, nobody else's. We appreciate the time you're putting into this.

@SafetyCatch and then everyone else, I understand that you're trying to help and right now i think i could really do with it, as alot of you know I've not been super enthusiastic about my units recently. This has pretty much been the case since I first mentioned it a few months ago. Weirdly realism is one of he reasons for this lack of enthusiasm, having to do things in a particular way so that things look exactly like they should can be really draining and to a point removes alot of the creativity involved with making an addon, i suppose this what what i was trying to do with the SF (permission had already been sought where it was nessaccery). Unfortunately I think I am only tricking myself as the 4 Rifle Addon is, and will, always be the addon i pay most attention to (i suppose my "flagship" addon) and with that i'm aiming for something more realistic. Obviously there are real life issues I'm having to deal with that probably accounts for the biggest lack of any enthusiasm, my GF being unwell for so long and the massive amount of work coming at me from every direction at college and then work. Stupidly i'm at college monday to friday then i work saturday and sunday :( Anyway rather than dragging this all out I'm contemplating spending as much time as i can over the half term finishing the 4 rifles for at least an initial release, by that I mean both temperate AND desert. (that would be with weapons too). Been thinking about doing this for a while just so that i dont dissapoint anyone with a long drawn out WIP that never turns into anything...

Understand completely where you're coming from, good luck with it all mate.

Dessie stuff looks cracking. Can't see anything to pick holes in yet :-p. Can't wait for your stuff to be released!

Please drip-feed us some bits and bobs soon!!!!

Yeah most of the 4 rifle units wont have kneepads, will be more on the desert guys but with the temperate units it will just be two or three (of about 12 different units). The only reason there have been so many troops with kneepads in the pics i have posted is because they were the ones i did first :)

Good to hear, was just being picky really. :D

Can't wait to see them released, those desert troops look stunning.

Love the desert cam, they are stunning, we want em, now, cant wait, thankyou.

Great work, absolutely perfect, cant wait for this, especially for desert units!

Cannot wait for these mate, very much looking forward to the 4 Rifle units.

Hey, great work on the 4 rifles guys, the weathering effects look really good on the daysacks. Keep up the amazing work!

Keep up the brilliant work Stalker! Been watching this threat since the start and I have to say in my opinion its one of the best WIP addons, up there with ACE 2 and Fortran's F17.

Just a small suggestion/request. Would it be possible to give some different headdress to your SAS units. Maybe some floppy hats for the temperate ones or some shemagh's?

Also I was wondering if you were thinking of making some CT/CWR units for hostage rescue?