Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Cheers mate, though it probably was, its bloody hard to replicate in ARMA :)

EDIT: Did the forums go down for a few minutes? Oh well... Anyway i think i have the faded DPM looking ok, been working overtime on this bloomin' texture :)

Edited by STALKERGB

Hello everyone, just a quick question...

In Afghanistan/Iraq, were the daysacks and beltkits used in temperate DPM and just got really dirty/dusty like in the pics below, or is it a different version of the DPM pattern?

Beltkit

Daysack

AFAIK, a lot of the soldiers in Afghanistan/Iraq use krylon (or something similar) paint to "dust" their equipment ...

AFAIK, a lot of the soldiers in Afghanistan/Iraq use krylon (or something similar) paint to "dust" their equipment ...

Water based marking chalk in a spray cans can do that job pretty neatly - Gives a faded/dusted look to clothes if applied correctly, or incorrectly. I know this too well since I had the delightful job of painting footy pitches this summer. Then again, in a place like Afghanistan... I bet you won't need to make things look dusty or faded - They'll get that way on their own fairly quickly.

Edited by GoOB

Um... some other things maybe... :)

Is there a snach/pulse in the makings by any chance? ;)

Is there a snach/pulse in the makings by any chance? ;)

Well personally I think the snatch looks ledge so maybe... :)

Anyway, still working on all things desert related at the moment, will be working on my temperate units too though.

In terms of weapons the SA80s are pretty close to finish as is the L110A2, been working on the L105A2 (SIG P226R) today, does anybody think I should do the other SIG variants? specifically the L105A1 and L106A1? the seemed so similar i didnt see too much point...

Its a bit out of shape right now, and the sights are wrong, and its says 22LR on the side of the weapon but its getting there. Oh and its missing the hammer.

Anyway, comments welcome.

EDIT: Could probably do with actually UV mapping it too :)

105a2.jpg

Matt

Edited by STALKERGB

does anybody think I should do the other SIG variants? specifically the L105A1 and L106A1? the seemed so similar i didnt see too much point...

I wouldn't bother doing them.

I don't think the L106 was issued outside of SF, or Int. Corps. From what I've been told it was specially requested for covert stuff in NI, before Sig started manufacturing the L107 (P228).

Sig have stopped manufacturing the P228 though; the L117A2 (P229) is the current issue compact pistol for RMP etc.

I wouldn't bother doing them.

I don't think the L106 was issued outside of SF, or Int. Corps. From what I've been told it was specially requested for covert stuff in NI, before Sig started manufacturing the L107 (P228).

Sig have stopped manufacturing the P228 though; the L117A2 (P229) is the current issue compact pistol for RMP etc.

Yeah I did notice the more compact version and wondered if it was worth making, might do the L117A2, although doubt it'll be a priority :)

The shape problem probably isnt helped from the gun not being straight/level or side on in the pic :) but there is a bit i ned to do to it likethe rear sight and the barrel needs changing. The trigger was just taken from another weapon but I'll get it looking better as soon as i can :)

Ok just to give everyone an idea of the shape (and that it isnt too wrong) here's a side on pic of the L105A2, should probably have posted this originally :)

I have removed the trigger while I make a new one, and obvioulsy there is still no hammer and the sights are wrong. Oh and the texture still says 22LR

Again, comments very welcome.

p226.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/499/p226p.jpg I've highlighted a part ( i don't remember the term for that ) below the magazine that looks a bit "unfinished", btw i'm just being nitpicking i doubt anyone would notice it on the field :p

EDIT: oh and again it's very nice :)

Edited by Uglyboy

sig-p226.jpg

sig_226.jpg

Just check that magazine - should be more flush against the pistol grip.

Asides from that, it looks so good I'm just off to change my underwear.

Edited by poacher

Just curious been watching posts, not heard anything for ages, is the project still a WIP or has it been shelved. I'm using the excellent British RM 1.3 along with UKF weapon pack which are excellent and will do for me, as i make British scenarios, like all the posts on your British 4 Rifle Soldiers. Excellent work and would be welcomed by many in the comunity. Sticking with my RM pack for now, but like many would appreciate an update if possible as your British 4 Rifle Soldiers look too good to miss, any news welcomed, and much appreiciated, thankyou.

Just curious been watching posts, not heard anything for ages, is the project still a WIP or has it been shelved. I'm using the excellent British RM 1.3 along with UKF weapon pack which are excellent and will do for me, as i make British scenarios, like all the posts on your British 4 Rifle Soldiers. Excellent work and would be welcomed by many in the comunity. Sticking with my RM pack for now, but like many would appreciate an update if possible as your British 4 Rifle Soldiers look too good to miss, any news welcomed, and much appreiciated, thankyou.

considering he posted a WIP pic yesturday, i guess that they are still WIP....

Looks great Stalker :) Once again keep it up!

considering that, guess it must be then, WIP the longer it takes the better it will be, im sure of that, much appreciated, thanks.

Quick points to note on the webbing there;

A lot of riflemen (myself included) put the bungee through the lower part of the pouch to hold it all together - on issue pouches there is a small hole located at the bottom of the fastener under the fastening strap. The bungee should go through this and through the loops at the sides of the pouch thus holding it tight. Also missing from the webbing is the sword (bayonet) frog. This can be either strapped across the top of the back pouches using cable ties or attached to the left side of the utility/water bottle pouches. It must always be accessible using the left hand.

Will try to get some pics. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to work to photograph my kit for a while.

Aha took less time than I thought:

plce_utility_pouch.jpg

plce_set.jpg

plce_ammo_pouch.jpg

plce_upright.jpg

And one with the sword on top and the bungee going through the holes on the side of the pouches too:

DSC05824.jpg

Hope this all helps!

Nice tidy set of webbing, Poacher. Who'd you pikey it off? :D

Nice tidy set of webbing, Poacher. Who'd you pikey it off? :D

Lol it's not mine, I've got to get me a webcam - I've got an extra utility pouch on mine and it's still tighter than that scruff!

Thanks for the pictures Pvt. Kiwi and Poacher :) Should help me a bit.

Anyway, been a bit bored with my Brit units as many will probably know, been doing some work on the desert units recently but kinda got a bit bored of doing that too...

Right well my super secret project has been revealed! Unfortunately (but i suppose as ever) a sneaky journalist managed to get a shot of some British Units on Chernarus. The only photo that could clearly make out a soldier has been posted below, it was also reported by the journalist that the cap badge contained a downward pointing sword and the motto "Who Dares, Wins"...

newunitpromosmall.jpg

Bigger...ish

o.O Ohhhh.......helllll........yeahhh...........

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Will he be able to pull a DAO-12 out of his arse and say one-liners with more commas in a sentence than The Complete Plays of Bernard Shaw contains?

Seriously, very nice work. :D

Edited by Prydain