Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

oh man this will be so sweet a change from the same old USMC shit.... dont get me wrong its great but in every game its the same.

Huge fan of your work and cant wait till i can get my hands on these toys :D

weapons just look sexah!

Crap I nearly spat toast all over my keyboard! Those are some of the nicest weapon models I've seen in Arma2 or Arma for that matter, and that includes the BIS vanilla stuff!!! The wear & texturing is absofuckinglutely amazing. Damn I hope these are released soon, it just keeps getting harder and harder to wait for this mod.

Kickass work StalkerGB! :D

i am in love give me now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ,a few words your stuff get better and better and onces the other british stuff are release .and RKSL release they stuff dami will be made for a few months better dust of my missions making and change it to all british stuff.

great work please release soon

Mind if I join him? Those are awesome mate, you must be your own worst critic if you have problems with those!

I cant wait for this stuff, the troops and the guns all look fantastic. Bis should of employed you or something mate because this stuff is really top class.

Cant wait to use it.

hey this looking awsome. cant wait for this naw probs main reason i still play arma2. but don't rush. one thing do u have a list of all the things you will be making are you doing the older gen vehicles or new like jackel etc?

cheers and v good job

hey this looking awsome. cant wait for this naw probs main reason i still play arma2. but don't rush. one thing do u have a list of all the things you will be making are you doing the older gen vehicles or new like jackel etc?

cheers and v good job

Will probablt start with some older stuff then maybe move forward :)

Mind if I join him? Those are awesome mate, you must be your own worst critic if you have problems with those!

Eurrgghh, the thought, "mind if I join him?" that really is taking team work to a whole new level.......a little bit too rainbow for me!

StalkerGB the textures of the weapons are looking very good.

Weapons look good mate, just a few points to note on the texturing that jumped out at me. Hope it all makes sense.

adjustmentsforstalkergb.png

Also, correct me if I'm wrong chaps, but I think the new HKA2 magazines have the grooves running right to the bottom. I think it's only the old Radway Green mags that used to have the grooves stop before the bottom of the mag.

Will you be making a version with the new-style handguard (not the RIS one) [forgive the airsoft picture, was all I can find for now].

L85-06.png

A21.jpg

Edited by poacher

I personally can do without a few screws tbh just to get them released. They look bloody awesome stalker great work buddy.

I personally can do without a few screws tbh just to get them released.

You won't be saying that when the receiver keeps falling off every time you fire!

Lol.

I have to say I agree that it would be nice if you could release some betas for us to be getting on with while we wait for your perfect versions, Stalker. All the same, I can see you're a perfectionist.

-Dave

sorry i understand u wanna see the real thing but these weapons are top notch

pls dont go into such tiny detail that it will take another month longer then it needs to before release.

think we can all live with the fact its missing a serial number or a hole here or there.

Awsome work with those weapons :D Keep up the good work, it will be very hard to "sit" and wait for the release!

Eurrgghh, the thought, "mind if I join him?" that really is taking team work to a whole new level.......a little bit too rainbow for me!

StalkerGB the textures of the weapons are looking very good.

Is bashing one out takes, a team and work, then we've got problems.

Anyway, Like Stalker said looks like he hasn't 100% finished with these, im sure the pointers you made will be addressed.

think we can all live with the fact its missing a serial number or a hole here or there.

Goodness sake! I was only trying to help...

All suggestions fixed minus the air cooling hole :)

Poacher, what exactly is different on the new handguard? To my untrained eye the basic shape appears similar apart from those extra hinges.

@Cescollino, there will be soon :)

The new handguard is slightly larger, particularly at the base meaning it is more comfortable to hold and fire accurately, with larger ventilation holes - the idea being it cools faster in a hot environment and under it's new rate of fire requirement. The top-cover has a firmer plastic clip as opposed to the old flimsy metal clip so that it stays shut when you want it to.

Plastic covered hinges preventing burns to firer now run all the way along the handguard for added rigidity.

The plastic covers the whole exterior of the handguard preventing burns from the irritating metal bit between the plastic furniture and the receiver.

Silver parts visible on underside of old handguard now painted black.

Handguard comparison:

handguardcomparison.jpg

-Ignore the missing cooling hole on the 2nd from bottom left image - it's an airsoft gun but only photo I could find of that side online. Also please ignore the silly barrel mounted laser pointer that stab's stuck on it.

A21.jpgarticle-1158432-005D2C6000000258-161_468x328.jpg

Note: Both hanguards are still in service, however most infantry units (including the Rifles - even my Dad's Army battalion!) have been issued with the new type.

Hope this helps.

Edited by poacher

cheers poacher, will get rounds to fixing that when i have a bit of free time :)

very nice looking mate cool guns and units

i know im going abit off topic

but whats the difference between SA80 and L85? carbine or something?

but whats the difference between SA80 and L85? carbine or something?

As far as I know SA80 is more of a "family name" - The L85(A2) rifles being a part of that family, the largest part at that. The carbine in the SA80 family is, as far as I recall the L22, the support weapon the L86(A2) LSW.