Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

@EMERY, apart from all the real life issues i'm having atm, the units have the nasty distorted arms, essentially this is the ONLY real bug stopping a release (and the fact i need to finish the rest of the models). It only occurs when one of my units is holing a weapon with a new animatio (like the Mk48), the arms all twist up and it just look horrible.

Don't think it can be fixed until i can see a sample model but who knows.

@Betsalel, that mime is gonna get you! :)

Matt

are you talking about the MK_48 or something else as we have no problem with mk_48

mk48.jpg

Edited by EMERY

do you have infantry models from ARMA 1 in game using the Mk48 (and holding the front grip) with no issues then? I know you can get round the issue by changing the skeleton so it wont use the new anims but i dont really want to do that.

if thats the name of the anim that makes a soldier hold the front grip of the Mk48 then yes :) I know i can do it like in your pic and have had my units set like that for a while but i really want to be able to get them to use the front grip of the Mk48

just out of interest Stalker , have you tryed to bin your addons with the new tools , im 90% sure its a selection problem but i had a very odd problem with a british weapons pack i am working on but now with the new texture compresson they work fine . like i said pretty sure that is not the error but its worth a shot .

@Chris1986, yeah thats the first thing i tried after getting the tools, really hoped it would work but no luck there, will continue to look into it though :)

i know what you are saying about holding the foregrip correctly and the .rtm file has to be opened and adjusted.. best saved to a new .rtm for that class typeOf weapon.

so far as i know

Hey Stalker great work as always! I'm having a problem with my units Arms, maybe it's the old models, or a skeleton issue?

Hey Stalker great work as always! I'm having a problem with my units Arms, maybe it's the old models, or a skeleton issue?

Join the club! Think its just going to be a waiting game till we get a sample model to see the selections on it. Until then its really a guessing game...

@loki, would editing the .rtm allow me to change the position of where my guy would hold the fore grip?

Edited by STALKERGB

This is turning out really well, and i remember the days when this topic had 3 pages :D

would editing the .rtm allow me to change the position of where my guy would hold the fore grip?

Since the weapon config references directly to a .rtm yea, it should be possible to create a new animation with a different hand position by editing existing .rtm for use with new weapons. The .rtm might need defining elsewhere in the config, like you have to do for things like custom vehicle crew anims. Configs are not my strong point, so I'm not sure where to look to check that.

If you need a guide on using O2 to edit character .rtms though, I can help with that; I did loads for ArmA 1. Currently we you have to use the ArmA 1 skeleton MLOD to animate with though, which may cause problems if ArmA 2 does have a new skele (but thinks like MODUL's animations work, and they're based on the old skele).

@da12thMonkey, yeah a guide would be really cool thanks, its not something i have tried before so it could get a bit messy if i just dived head first into it :)

Hello everyone, after da12th showed me how to edit rtm's i had a little look at sorting out a front grip anim for the L85 w/grip pod, unfortunately i can't seem to get the ARMA 2 rtm's to load in O2, i tested one from ARMA 1 and it worked fine, if anyone knows if or how it is possible to view them then that would be awesome :)

view them In-Game or in O2?

@Blueteamguy, yeah i cant view the .rtm's in O2, the ARMA 1 .rtm's work fine...

aww no L22? ah well

Sounds good, impressed by your plans so far. Any chance of doing some versions with guys wearing benny hats some where down the line? Just watched dog soldiers :-)

hello everyone, had a (very) quick look at the sample models last night, was hoping there would be a USMC rifleman (so i could essentialy cheat and just copy the arms over) but because its a russian infantryman the arms are a different shape its still going to be hard to get the new anims working without visual error, infact i was already playing around with the selections to see if i could fix it, it seems as though the *****roll selections cover more of the arm so annoyingly its going to be alot of playing around until i get it right for my models.

Unless i have missed something its not going to make things a whole lot quicker i'm affraid, on a positive note though, i do have the relative positions of each selection, its just a shame the sample arm is made up differently to the Western soldier model's arms.

EDIT: on a side note i tried to load the arma2 rtms onto the new sample skeleton but still no luck...

Edited by STALKERGB

Just got a question for everyone,

in O2 with selections, not all of the points are red, some are blue and some purple, just wanted to know how to do that, i'm sure i found out at some point in the past but forgot what i did as i didnt need it at that moment in time.

any help much appreciated

Matt

I'm at work right now, so I can't check, but didn't that have to do with weighting?

Abs