Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

can anybody help regarding blur addon i am using arma luncher R3F now how to add that addon so it can load with game i have had original bin.pbo replaced in dta folder but that messed up my pixel shadder where to put that addon so that blur is gone

please help anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know if this was posted b4 but the all the women dont have a pilot view lod

i did not find this mentioned but the m9sd sight wasn't set up correctly, it is still using the stock bars instead of the ones on the silencer.

also the M16A2 203 iron sight hasn't been zeroed correctly, its aiming higher than the prick.

unfortunately that's not a fix, it is a mod

I realize that...I was just putting it out there until they do fix it (hopefully)

wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was team commander

i took tank

i was fireing at direction of enemy forces, one bullet exploded by tree and accidentaly killed US soldier and...

"2 taking command"

"1 get out"

i was ejected from vehicle and shot dead by my soldier

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????????????????

what tha f****

accidentally killed one US soldier and "2 taking command" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i was killed

wtf !

in Arma friendly fire was punished much more than in OFP as i remember, but here it would be nonsense

HE bullet exploded at tree, maybe 2 soldiers been killed, have no idea

but for sure after 1 hour of sneaking to take tank in enemy base and something like that, really annoying :/

is there any way to turn of this shitty "feature"

Edited by vilas

vilas dont drink good czech beer and play Arma2! :D

Be sure that you can reproduce bugs by yourself before writing wtf..baaa..???...baaa...wtf

but after killing even accidentally 2 soldiers, 2 is taking command , and i am shot dead

maybe 2 soldiers were killed when HE exploaded near tree

this "2 taking command" is annoying, i am commander as 1 and accidental kill of friendly units ends play :(

i never liked such features in games, cause "in game i can kill and kill and react to everyday stress" and here accidental friendly fire and second solider took command and i was shot dead by own soldiers :(

i never liked this feature since OFP, cause sometimes in big fire when stupid AI runs sensless on fire line it is hard not to kill friendly AI, i killed in this missions 2 friendly units and 2 taken comand, i was ejected from tank and killed by own units !

and in every goddamn mission i am afraid to fire cause my AI will kill me when other friendly AI will run on my fire line

sometimes i fired to enemy from MG, friendly units were running, two of them get in fire line and i was killed by own units , it takes away fun of gaming when i cannot fire "cause i may hit friendly soldier in battle chaos" and i will be killed not by enemy, but by my own comrades :/

Edited by vilas

Something I've noticed while using the wounding module - when you're lying injured on the ground, red screen and all, if you move forward so your weapon's ready and press the "switch to pistol" button (default " ; " I think), the weapon won't LOOK like it's switched, but if you fire, your rifle fires pistol rounds, and the pistol name/ammo count appears up the top! You can't switch back to your rifle after this.

I've tested it multiple times in different situations as different units. You can try it yourselves, too.

And if this was meant to go into the infamous "bug tracker" I've been hearing about... sorry.

In multiplayer: We had the M1 out and brought in an ammo truck to rearm the weapons, and no dice. The repair truck works great, but the ammo truck will not reload vehicles. THanks

CLIENT-Side Reloading. When I play I cant see others reloading and they don't see me reloading.

I've noticed that when you climb up the metal watch tower, (or what ever it is called... found under warfare buildings or objects in editor) when you reach the top, you become stuck and cant move anywhere. You can only move once you go prone, but then it won't let you stand back up. I've tried this numerous time but always the same result, my friend also seems to experience it.

SCORE BUG :

Regularly, players report score problems (while playing ctf maps) :

- they kill an enemy and their score drops

- they kill enemies and get no points

- their score isn't shown on the scoreboard at all

Tree in the middle of a road. Coord: 091-105

treeblockingroad.th.jpg

Since 1.03 G36C-SD aiming is FUBAR, you must aim few inches BELOW target to actually hit target...

Since 1.03 G36C-SD aiming is FUBAR, you must aim few inches BELOW target to actually hit target...

Agreed & reported over at DevHeaven.

EDIT: Laser Designator bug Beta v59210

The dot from the LD when turned on leaves a dot of laser on the ground (possibly other places too). In use with the SOM i called in airstrikes and fired the LD up, and i got hit by the bombs on 2 different occations. The second time i had the time to run away as i saw the jets release the bombs towards me. I noticed that a dot of laser had been "left" on the ground while the actual beam of the LD still worked. So the image below shows the dot that was just "stuck" by itself to the ground (right side of image). The left dot is from the LD itself im holding in my hand. I reported this long time ago before 1.03 but its still there. And this is i think reported at DH, but i make it here as well as it might not have got a lot of positive thumbs up and therefor might be overlooked.

Link: Image LD Bug

Trying to make thumbnail but it never works...

Edited by Alex72

I think I just found a new one - very irritating bug...

Artillery operator character - when in first person if you go aiming down the sight while crouching and try moving left or right (while still aiming down the sight) you can actually see your characters head on left side of screen... like if you were in 3rd person aiming down the sight and still can see your characters head...

Here's a screen:

bug.jpg

So, in the picture you can't see, but I'm actually moving to the left while crouched and aiming down the sight.

BRDM-2 ac :

Under the vehicle we see the feet of the driver and first passenger.

(v1.04 / no mods or addons)

bugbrdmac104.th.jpg

vilas: how do you think your real squad would react if you started killing off too many off them? I think they are right to punish you. A reload isn't that bad. Be more careful. If you're leading the team, you shouldn't even be the one doing too much shooting.

If you don't like it, you can always disable it by giving yourself a addRating headstart. Either as an addon that gives you this action, or by playing from the editor.

what is the deal with aiming rockets with aircraft? where is the zero?

Well, Hueys Hydras are calibrated at around 600m, so if you're aiming at 600-800m distance middle of crosshairs should be good BUT in most cases your chopper is moving while shooting rockets, so you got to take that into calculations too, I know in most games you can just aim rockets and they will hit where you aim, but in Arma 2 it's done as it would be in RL, so if you're moving around 60-120 (dunno what's speed unit in Arma 2) try aiming 1 or 2 slashes below target... It's not easy to explain, but once you train it you'll know exactly where to aim in which situation...

Huge Frame rate drops when in view of any of the islands water masses (Oceans) My frame rate will be 30FPS then will drastically go to 5, this is not a driver or hardware problem obviously.

I've tested it without mods and with mods theres no difference, does anybody else have this Issue, its really game breaking and I think it was caused by 1.04 patch. :eek:

EDIT: It seems theres no problem if I play the game only at 50% 3d resolution, when over the ocean its still around 30FPS, so it seems since I cannot play on 50% 3d resolution since it makes the game all blurry and unplayable, having the 3d res at 100% kills my performance since the Ocean texture is very high resolution I suppose, does anybody else have this problem, the ocean seems to not like anything about 50% 3D resolution! :mad:

Problem Solved

Other bugs:

*When you die in COOP Campaign, you will spawn as a different character but the character you played as before you died is now an AI.

*Explosive damage is messed up, surviving a SMAW shot, Trucks not being destoryed and the occupants when hit with a Javelin missile.

*When shooting somebody, if you hit them just above their weapon, the weapon will block the shot, the weapons have to big of a colission box.

*M107 ejects small cartridges, instead of the Big hefty .50 Cal Shellings

*When using a handgrip, rotating to the left side you can see your hand deformed and a chunck of your hand missing.

*Game crashes onload of a custom mission because a simple error in the files of the mission folder, the game shouldn't crash but tell you when trying to load theres an error. :mad:

Edited by Flash Thunder