Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Footmunch/eddyD F-16 in ArmA 2

WOW. As a big fan of your F-16 I really can't wait for this!!!

ETA: Is there any chance of an improved afterburner sound? the engine sounds fine and is very distinctive but the afterburner isn't great. No bother either way though.

Sound will be reworked. I know about the non-optimal afterburner sound. Problem is, since this soundeffect is not controlled by the config but by a script, the soundfile has to be reasonably short. Just imagine the afterburner sound just started playing and you disable the afterburner, now you might hear the sound for several seconds still playing. Can't describe it well but i guess you get the point.

Really awesome updates on the F-16! Automatic detection of RKSL and MMA, improved cockpit and so many goodies. It is definitely starting to feel matured now. Thumbs up! :D

Wow Myke great work on the cockpit and im sure the rest! :)

And yes - we forgive you for the health bar. :D

Thanks a bunch.

That is amazing. Very epic !!

Any ETA on release ? :)

Sound will be reworked. I know about the non-optimal afterburner sound. Problem is, since this soundeffect is not controlled by the config but by a script, the soundfile has to be reasonably short. Just imagine the afterburner sound just started playing and you disable the afterburner, now you might hear the sound for several seconds still playing. Can't describe it well but i guess you get the point.

You still with us Myke?:D

Yep, still here..somewhere. Constantly working on the cockpit. I'll redo this ugly looking plane texture with completely outmodelled instruments and gauges. As far as possible i try to make every single instrument work.

Latest additions:

- Ingame HUD (you know, health/fuel bar, Weapon name and ammo count, also radar and compass at top of the screen) completely removed. All infos are available on the instruments.

- Altimeter can be set to Mean Sea Level (zeroed) or to nearest Airport runway ground level (Mean Sea Level + XXX meters).

- reworking the small bank/pitch indicator, right of the ICP.

- all gauges/instrumnets are script driven, a detailed failure simulation will be implemented, including working fault panel indicator for detailed status overview

- Canopy set to manual open/close. Don't start with canopy open or you'll get serious problems

- Gear prepared for damage/hydraulic system failure simulation. Try to land without nose wheel. ;)

- General rework of textures to hires variants. If it's text, you'll be able to read it.

Got some ideas but need some research to do on some. One includes a working VOR/ILS system for zero-view landings. This will be generic and work on every island, not restricted to Chernarus and/or Utes. As long ILS is correctly implemented there, of course.

Help request:

as i'm quite busy with modelling/texturing/config writing, i could need on the config settings for the HUD. It would take me a few days to figure out how i have to adjust it and i would be really thankful if someone could take this work from me.

I'd love to help but whooosh! Over my head. I just fly the thing man! You need your car fixing? I'm your man! cars don't have configs:D

Checking on this thread with anticipation every few days, hope all is going well!

Checking on this thread with anticipation every few days, hope all is going well!

You're looking for a teaser?

372-cockpit_wip.jpg

WIP, redoing textures, redoing anims....will still take a little.

Still loking for someone who can help with the HUD. PM me if you can help ("you" being everyone reading here).

Sorry ... very noobish question possibly:

I love this f16 ... but how comes, I have it?

I just found it under NATO planes.

I never downloaded this as addon.

Is it in ACE2-mod?

Can't be because I have it even when I don't start with ACE2-mod ...

I love it but how did I get it!??

Outstanding Myke, I would offer to help with the HUD but I am only a mission maker and tester (with my Dedi Server). Do not know anything about making models or HUD's.

Sure hope someone steps up, the F-16 is really looking good!

You had to have downloaded it. What probably happened is that somebody else (Does anybody have access to your computer?) downloaded it and put it in. Check the shortcut you use and check to see if it has any modfolders attached. if not then go through your main Addon folder looking for:

glt_missilebox.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_missilebox.pbo

glt_f16.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_f16.pbo

GLT_ADDONS.bikey

and then remove those files, transfer them to a modfolder, etc.

Amazing addon!!!

We use this addon in our clan and the planes are fantastic.

A question, would it be possible to have the flaresystem of the f16 to all of BIS planes and helicopters?

I tryed to launch the scripts of the plane via init in a unit putting this:

nul=[this] execVM "\glt_f16\scr\init_plane.sqf"; 
this addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", {this execVM "\glt_f16\scr\countermeasure.sqf"}];    
this addEventHandler ["killed", { this execVM "\glt_f16\scr\wrecker.sqf"}];

butt only the vapor trails seem to work propperly, the countermesures are active, but there´s no sound or flares launched, still missiles missed sometimes.

Thanks in advance and regards from spain!!

Edited by lucifer(ADos)
wrong sense

A question, would it be possible to have the flaresystem of the f16 to all of BIS planes and helicopters?

.... RSLK system are not as good as this...

I take it you like being totally immune to all missiles. You know that isn't at all realistic.

The RKSL System was designed to be realistic. You need to actually take evasive action when you get a launch warning. You cant just fly around and not expect to get shot at. I realise there is a certain mindset in gamers that doesn't want to get shot down but most people we asked seemed to want realism over fantasy.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

You had to have downloaded it. What probably happened is that somebody else (Does anybody have access to your computer?) downloaded it and put it in. Check the shortcut you use and check to see if it has any modfolders attached. if not then go through your main Addon folder looking for:

glt_missilebox.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_missilebox.pbo

glt_f16.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_f16.pbo

GLT_ADDONS.bikey

and then remove those files, transfer them to a modfolder, etc.

Aaarrrghh ... now ... looking at those file names my brain utters something like rudimental remembrance ... :o

It must have been in the earlier dark ages that I did download it ... myself ... :D

Thanx, Darkhorse!

I think I might even like it more when I now update this nice thingie.:yay:

EDIT: yeah, did download it in June 09 ... those were the dark ages, weren't it? ;-)

Edited by Herbal Influence

I take it you like being totally immune to all missiles. You know that isn't at all realistic.

The RKSL System was designed to be realistic. You need to actually take evasive action when you get a launch warning. You cant just fly around and not expect to get shot at. I realise there is a certain mindset in gamers that doesn't want to get shot down but most people we asked seemed to want realism over fantasy.

sorry maybe i have infravaloured your work!!! thats not my intention, last time i tryed RKSL countermesures, it didnt work for me, the system only worked for the A10, the others planes didn´t launch them. I dont know why. I used RSLK system with other mods at same time. And of course with CBA and the required RSLK modules.

I only want a chance of evade from missiles, to me and to the IA. In my clan we play coop missions. Trying to play as realistic as we can and the game allows. allways trying to get fun of course.

I´ve edited the first post because it was not what i wanted to say. Sorry for my bad english. I was only searching for a easy countermeasures addon nothing more. i respect your great work on RKSL. Your scripts and addons are amazing.

Regards!!

Regarding the countermeasure system of the F-16C:

in the upcoming update it will be possible either to manually select the desired system or let the F-16C addon make his "choice".

Means, if another countemeasure addon is detected, the built-in will be disabled and the addon will be used instead.

Actually it will make use of the RKSL system or the Mando Missile system.

If both are present (RKSL and MMA), MMA is choosen before RKSL by default. But one might set it to use RKSL instead of MMA if one wisches to do so.

In short, selection is made in following order:

built-in -> RKSL -> MMA

And for clarify it: the built-in system might be far from realistic but it doesn't make the plane invincible. Chances are random that an incoming missile will hit or will be spoofed. And as balancing, countermeasure system needs some "cool-down" time of a few seconds where a incoming missile will not be spoofed.

As said, surely not realistic but i guess well enough balanced to give pilots a real chance to survive and enemies a real chance to bring them down.

Also i try to bring the F-16C as close to a flightsim as it is possible to me. This includes failure of several systems, also vital systems that might force you to fly slowly back to your base. Also prepare for some bellybottom landings as damages on hydraulics may result in gear failure.

Have you talked with the ACE crew about including this in ACEX ? Would be awesome !

Have you talked with the ACE crew about including this in ACEX ? Would be awesome !

Or just include a version with an ACE2 config. It will work just the same.

Hey all

Footmunch F-16 have a new facelift .

I have make two new versions , a update F-16C and new F-16D version.

Still many works on the models , textures .

Myke is working on the cockpit and configs.

here is a ingame screenshot watch out size is over 200KB

http://edit.hostbasket.com/eddyd.be/edd_f16.jpg

cya

eddyD