I'd like to see working trains with engines pack

...Basically I will soon have 2 monitors. I plan on running arma II on my new "fancy" monitor, and figured I'd just have system info and teamspeak running on the other monitor.

However, it would be nice if I could have the map screen up on my other monitor, with compass/gps displayed. I'd figure you would still use the "M" key to toggle over to the other screen and do things on the map...

I too like this idea. I currently run a Triplehead2Go setup but also have a second PC sitting next to me that I leave on for xfire and other nonsense. I do have images of the island maps on this PC and do at times refer to them instead of stopping what I am doing in game to take a quick glance at the map.

I wondered if there was some way to add a layer of sorts to it that once the mouse cursor was placed at a specific point it could display the GPS coordinates. Mentioning this aloud once I was told that it may be possible by creating a PDF file out of it but to be honest I am hopelessly lost as to get it off the ground as I have no PDF file creation tools.

Regardless, I hope that this could be sorted out as I agree with you that it would prove to be very beneficial indeed.

PAQ-2's that work. Most 16's in game have a little box on the side. Using NVG's, that little box projects an IR laser on to your target.

And a BUIS. Backup Iron sight. I've never seen an M4 with CCO/ACOG that didn't have one

Edited by Avandir

And a BUIS. Backup Iron sight. I've never seen an M4 with CCO/ACOG that didn't have one

If I get someone to model one, or maybe I'll try my hand at it. I'll add it into my US Army units.

What about make a road pack? narrow and wide roads asphalt and dirt, for use in the mission editor. There are roads in the Arma2 tools CA folder but i don't know if these can be converted or changed so they can be used in the mission editor? (anyone tried?)

But custom made roads would add variety. It just looks silly to have buildings sitting on bare grass or sand on custom maps or Arma2 maps.

If I get someone to model one, or maybe I'll try my hand at it. I'll add it into my US Army units.

P3080092_2.jpg

Are you talking about having them folded or up?

If you're talking about up: BUIS would be kind of pointless,considering there is no threat of your ACOG or CCO getting busted.

Down: Thats easy to model, I would do it off a MaTech rear sight, that is what is issued.

Gaz-2975 Tigr for Russian Side

Mi-24 version for Chedaky side(c'mon they have SU-25s and Grads but no gunship)

BTR-80 for Russians,Chedaky and CDF,maybe guerillas too.

More different models for ruskies,the infantry has like 3 different models,USMC got a lot of love from BIS while other factions didn't get much.(I'm talking about soldiers)

They have an Mil Mi-24D. BTR-80 should be a WIP by Studio Alpha as should the Tigr.

You're right I typed CDF instead of insurgents regarding the Hind.So I wanted to say that insurgents should get an Mi-24 too because they already have some pretty heavy equipment like SU-25 and Grads(seems to me they're better supplied than guerillas).No biggie just a CDF Hind repainted with the same camo as the rest of the insurgent vehicles.

A death cam mod,so you know how you died...

I would like to see this too, also with the post process effects off and the red filter less intense so you can easily see, I would like to view it in both First person and Third and maybe this can happen in Mp also, give us the option to either spawn as a bird or spectate people in 3rd/1st person view, this would obviously be your team only and it would be disabled in co-op and DM also an option to use it in servers etc. :)

I made a list with the "big stuff" and now I would like to go into the specifics and make some suggestions of the small stuff that would make the game more realistic.

Infantery:

Flashlights: Yeah I know with NV goggles they become obsolete but when you talk to some people or even try to rescue them (Dr.Sova in the very first mission for example) they can be useful.

Far Cry - like Binoculars with laser microphone: Suited to spy some guys out and to get some useful information you would not get normally.

Cartridges: I miss them. I would like to see them lying around on the streets after a long fight. Gives a realistic touch.

Medals, Badges and Stuff: For gods sake, four boys fight almost their own war, they should get something mission after mission.:cool:

Units: UN, EU-Forces (NATO) Joint Operation Missions or a campaign with combined british,french,german,polish forces.

Guns: Scar (Operation Arrowhead will have them :D ), FN Herstal FN-2000, P90, MP5SD, M4SOPMOD, PP-19 Bizon, OC-14 Groza, FAMAS (FAMAS Acog), L85,SA85, L96A1, AWM, Beryl, G3A1, G3A3, G3SG1,G36,MG36

Vehicles:

Entry/Exit - Animation!!!

Animated Doors,Hatches, Visor-Covers!

Custom looking vehicles (e.g. M4 Sherman in Company of Heroes): Different models for one type. Tanks have some sandbags or small crates on them, they are dirty randomly, different equipment left by the soldiers like their helmets and backpacks.

Advanced visual damage (e.g. Battlefield: Bad Company 2) A vodnik hit by a rocket in the rear has a big hole in it or something like that. Accurate gunshot holes included.

Air:

Entry/Exit - Animation!!!

Animated Doors, Ramps.

Ability to move inside transport choppers. The guy at the door-MG gets hit, you will stand up and take the MG for him or even better move to one of the windows, grab your gun and fire it from there.

Different loadouts for combat choppers and planes.

Random looking planes and choppers with different markings (Noseart:cool:)

Boxes and stuff inside transport planes and choppers, headphones hanging around and waving with the movement of the aircraft. Some small details making it more realistic.

Better animation of the chopper,the passangers and the stuff inside, when the tailrotor gets hit and destroyed (e.g. Quake 4, CoD:Modern Warfare, Movie: Blackhawk Down): People shouting,stuff flying around, chopper moving uncontrolable and violently.:D

Naval:

LHD-life (e.g. Crysis last mission) Planes and choppers taking off and landing, getting packed and put under deck into the hangar, people loading weapons, crew checking machines, pilots and lhd-crew talking. Things like that would make the LHD and the destroyers around it look less static.

Civil:

People in the small towns actually do something and just not stand around. More driving cars, kids playing around, people working on the fields, painting their houses, cleaning windows and their cars, shops are open and people are buying stuff. They meet randomly on the streets, talk to each other and so on. That would make the world more realistic and not as if it would be inhabitated by robots.

That would be it so far. I know some of the things will probably appear in the P85 packs (mainly the first category) and I want to say thanks to Vilas and all the others working on the addons, but some of the points I mentioned here will stay wishes. But nevertheless, keep up the brilliant work.

Greets:)

Naval:

LHD-life (e.g. Crysis last mission) Planes and choppers taking off and landing, getting packed and put under deck into the hangar, people loading weapons, crew checking machines, pilots and lhd-crew talking. Things like that would make the LHD and the destroyers around it look less static.

You do know how much this would make the game lag, don't you?

For me one the best addon for gameplay that is missing (or maybe haven't find in the search engine) is the tree/bush viewblock.

I've seen there is already a smoke viewblock (strange that BIS don't implement this in the vanilla game this time :/)

Being shot through bushes or sometimes trees/downed trees without seeing the enemies.. RRrrrr :D

More different models for ruskies,the infantry has like 3 different models,USMC got a lot of love from BIS while other factions didn't get much.(I'm talking about soldiers)

seems another person not knows about Project 85 release:

40 Soviet/Russian soldiers models

many many new weapons

T55, T64, T80 in few variants and etc.

i wonder one thing, are persons who write in this topic ever check answers ?

they ask for many things, many of those requests are in my pack i wonder if they saw answers about G3, Bradleys, Mi2, Leopards, US in woodland ... etc.

Civilian & Army versions of An-2 requested ;)

rkiantonov_01s.jpg

(OFP shot of unit by R0adki11)

We all know ArmA 2 Russian sniper have ghilie, this, in my opinion, is unrealistic, if you look at modern russian (Or former soviet) snipers, (at least when armed with SVD's) they dont use ghilie.

ST_semiautosniper_200901-A4.jpg

snyperi.jpg

Note marpat T

wtf.jpg (Those are not marines, but georgians, kinda made me lol though, fits in just right with ArmA 2)

Anyways, I'd like more snipers like that, more all round "veteran" units.

This is not a request but more of a question.

Would it be possible to make an addon for sniper rifles to adjust parallax?

Like the GMJ adjustable scope mod but adding the third adjustment turret to get a "ballpark reading" on what distance your target is....blurry crosshair means you have to adjust the "range/parallax" on your scope to get focused thus getting a range on your target. (The mod could be restricted to showing range in increments of 50/100 yards)

I seem to recall that no US military scope has the range markings since they are seldom 100% accurate but since the real world is blessed with depth-perception and computergames are not...I would call it a somewhat fair trade.

i really come up to mind that some people are blind and not using released addons topic

2 posts above i answered about more Soviet/Russians models and 2 posts next person asks about the other Russian/Soviet models ??? can't read ? deaf, blind or other ?

no matter how many times i answer and answer and answer, they request more and THE SAME which is already done and released :/

or it's just newbies problem of this community ?

such Soviet/Russians are in Project 85 (for Arma 2 under my addons topic) released over month ago

i think in next 2-3 days someone next will ask for HK G3, T55, T80... US Army in woodland, etc.

have you use addons complete topics ?

Edited by vilas

Does everyone remember in Operation Flashpoint that the player had in the action menu access to sitting down commands and could also place their rifle on their back. In Arma 1 and 2, both of these are missing from the action menu, with sitting down done via a key ( ' or something), while putting rifles on back is omitted completely.

Would it be possible to create an addon or tweak that allows players to put their rifle on their back and walk hands free, instead of only having their rifle lowered? I much prefer that and it was way cooler in sp sneaking up to patrols who had their rifle on their back and shooting them before they could get their guns out.

Just wondering if it would be possible to make an IED/mine detector and an IED addon. The whole point being that IEDs could be placed and the Metal detector thing could be used by Blufor to find and disarm these IEDS.