Daweedxxx +1! We need a small civilian plane for 4-16 persons :)

Thanks for agreeing IceBreakr! Yeah you could really have some fun with airborne civ transport like that.

We need a simple conversion of MAP_Misc.pbo to aid in converting older missions for use in Arma II. I don't think this should be TOO difficult considering the things we could do with the results. :)

It would be much appreciated.

So, there are a few things which would add to the game and after checking I didn't see them in the list so far.

1. Parachuting mod fix - it seems you can only halo jump by script... and that is the only time you can control the parachute otherwise you are jumping out of a plane and just falling. (would like to do halo jumping in a MP situation) Plus the blur effect is a bit much.

2. High caliber hits - ACE2 may handle this, but anything over a .38 cal should knock a man down (I know this isn't always true) but that is why the .38 cal was invented by the Brits - to knock down the Zulus because regular bullets wouldn't do.

3. This has already been said - but a new control menu. The menu now works, but it feels clunky and it is often difficult to find things. The new OFP has a really good control system... too bad the game is horrible in comparison but to each his own.

Would be great to give the M107 a more realistic fire rate. I've noticed it takes a too long time to reload between each shot. In this video you can see it can fire as fast as an SVD Dragunov.

Edited by Alex780

Some different maps like Indonesia, central and southern Africa would be great. Also if we could get voice packs for units from different nations ...

Since xmas is on it's way again and we all need out xmas missions ready to go, I'm requesting some xmas stuff, maybe even a winter island setting with some xmas themes. Any addon makers up for the challenge? :P Thank you.

I had an idea for a tactical nuclear bomb or large explosive bomb. You know, something that could wipe chernogorsk off the map. I dont believe it would be too hard to do but i lack the knowledge and tools to do it. If someone could give it a go or tell me how to thatd be great.

Thanks for agreeing IceBreakr! Yeah you could really have some fun with airborne civ transport like that.

I've ben working on a 4 seat 'Wilga' since ArmA 1 days in between other stuff. It' been my project to teach myself about making normal maps from high poly models ,still a long way to go, but may see something in the WIP section before the end of the year

who knows how to edit weapon stats???? PLEASE tell me how to edit a weapons (preferably aircraft's bomb/missiles and such) properties...like strength, blast radius, ROF, ammo etc. please reply

Please stay on topic. This thread is for addOn requests, not for technical questions.

Any island mappers up to the task of making Skira/Kiska for ArmA II? :)

any island mappers up to the task of making skira/kiska for arma ii? :)

lol :d

What I would like to see are bordercrossing signs for use on the Russian/Chernorussian border. I hope I am not the only one fond of fictious border-conflicts. But it can be as simple as this: Concrete poles with the color of the Russian and Chernorussian flag on it.

A toll-booth for both sides. And less wide "bar gate" spanning only up to the half of the road. It could be made quite easily for experienced addon-makers. And I think BIS should have added more then the Chernorussian border sign.

Would like to see the Russian sign too! And if somebody wishes to create it; Please more of the things like it. And no, this should not be mod-included stuff. No P85 talk this time please, thank you.

Is it possible that someone, working together, could merge island together, to make a sort of 2-3-4 island map? I know it will be very large, and I do not know how much ArmA II will allow you to make, but as new mapmakers gets their speed on... Wich seems happening A LOT faster than in ArmA... I would wish for a few of them merged together to make a really big one....

To have one "country" invade another and so on if you get my drift.

I make missions mainly, for our dedicated server(casualsoldiers) and well...

just tossing out a suggestion..

Cato.

A couple of "animal adaptations" ???

Chicken ==> Pheasant

Goat ==> Deer

Brown Cow ==> Highland Cattle (Brown cow with big horns and menacing expression) :D

B

OPFOR always gets a SCUD, it would be nice to see BLUEFOR get a Pershing II.

I hope they'll include those ballistic missile carrying submarines as launchpad for the ballistic missile, to atleast even the odds once Scuds enter Chernarussian territory. But most interesting would be to have somebody create a missile silo top, where a missile silo is pasted onto flat surfaces in editor, and that it functions without scripting language in the initialization line, but having the silo-top open its hatches by action-menu selection, and the missile comes out of the ground. I know Gigan had a working Scud missile, and the APS Gnat had Mando Missiles in his submarines.. So why not cover landbased missile defences with effectively player or AI controlled Short Ranged Ballistic Missiles and Medium Ranged Ballistic Missiles, Seabased launches are also welcome for me, but with vast land-only maps created in the future, it would be nice to attack or defend a static landbased missile location. Anybody up for it?

PS: If you know of any modern mobile missile launch vehicle in the arsenal of the U.S. military, then please feel free to enlighten me, just because I'm interested in the matter. Thanks for possible work on it, or reply to my and Genpatton043's missile request.

Edited by Thani '82

I hope they'll include those ballistic missile carrying submarines as launchpad for the ballistic missile, to atleast even the odds once Scuds enter Chernarussian territory. But most interesting would be to have somebody create a missile silo top, where a missile silo is pasted onto flat surfaces in editor, and that it functions without scripting language in the initialization line, but having the silo-top open its hatches by action-menu selection, and the missile comes out of the ground. I know Gigan had a working Scud missile, and the APS Gnat had Mando Missiles in his submarines.. So why not cover landbased missile defences with effectively player or AI controlled Short Ranged Ballistic Missiles and Medium Ranged Ballistic Missiles, Seabased launches are also welcome for me, but with vast land-only maps created in the future, it would be nice to attack or defend a static landbased missile location. Anybody up for it?

PS: If you know of any modern mobile missile launch vehicle in the arsenal of the U.S. military, then please feel free to enlighten me, just because I'm interested in the matter. Thanks for possible work on it, or reply to my and Genpatton043's missile request.

There was supposed to be a mod that was WIP that had V-1's and V-2's, but I think it was only for Arma I. I can't remember but the video they released looked very promising. I'd like it cuz the campaign I'm writing is set during the Cold War and a Pershing or even a Lance would work very nice.

As for your post script, the ones I really know of now all are built around the MLRS like the ATACMS, which, could probably receive a nuke warhead, tho its not offically sanctioned for that. Everything else went with the INF treaty in the late 80's. Including the ground based Tomahawks.

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to ever see the following being added to Arma 2:

----

F/A-18 A/B

Arma1 Model

3-fz_f18_1.jpg

---

Aircraft Carrier

---

Stryker -IFV/AT/SPG/AA

It has many variants and would be a good excuse for anyone making a US Army addon to ARMA 2 as it has HQ/Engineering/Defensive/Assault variants.

Iav-variants1.gif

---

IR Strobe

Can be thrown as a targeting device for Assault choppers or even guided ordinance.

REQ: a better way of commanding your squad.

preferably utilizing the command menu but with commands that squads use in real life at fingers reach. IMO BIS really hasn't come close to solving this one. OFPDR neither - that radial wheel stuffed up moving when ordering big time - but it had some interesting commands like spread out, and context sensitive commands depending on where your mouse pointed. i'd like to be able to point to inside a house and choose take cover (and have the ai actually take cover in the house not just move to house position 4) or to a bunker and choose defend and the AI would take defensive positions. BIS AI does a lot really well but it is not communicated as such in game and gets missed.