Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

wow, very detailed, much much better than mine, very realistic to single milimeter, what about SKS ?

i would like to look at it if it possible, even on PM

Edited by vilas

Awesome mod but myn biggest concern is: Will the servers run Ace2?

I play mostly only warfare on the HS-clan server or the suiciedsquadUK and that makes me wondering if they will intergrate ACE2 in there server?

Awesome mod but myn biggest concern is: Will the servers run Ace2?

I play mostly only warfare on the HS-clan server or the suiciedsquadUK and that makes me wondering if they will intergrate ACE2 in there server?

Nothing to with this topic, take it up to those servers administrators

ACE2 will provide all the tools to make this as easy to stay up to date, as well as get the mod around. It is not ACE fault some servers will not like the added features, or will prefer vanilla for whatever reasons...It is gonna be there, and free...

Pufu, is it possible to disable the blurred vision from nearby cannon fire/machinegun fire effect? That's the only part of the whole mod that I don't agree with, very nice overall. :)

Great work so far guys!

Loved ACE1 already, was impossible to play Arma without it, after i tryed it once.

Few things to the Blur effects near heavy MGs etc.

I think the effect is far too much, and would be happy about bit different solution.

1. Maybe make the Blur just at beginning, the 1st few seconds, but then weak it very much down. (like you are frightend and not used to the loud noise at beginning)

2. Is it possible to add items like earprotection? Dont know if/how its used in realwar.

So dont make the blur so massive but make ear-ringing more intense. And if you are longer time near loud guns, let the effect stay like 30sec to 1min, until its vanished.

If you use earprotection you would have no effect at all, just all noises quitend down.

next thing:

Will there be anything like in the SLX mode or JTD?

With combination of this mode its much more athmospheric, because hole cities and forrest can burn down, much much smoke is over the battlefields, people can catch fire and run around, the engine of your vehicle can catch fire etc.

Would be a very good thing to have this effects together in ACE2

any answers for this?

(the effects when standing near a shooting tank are very good btw. blur and ringing :) )

any answers for this?

(the effects when standing near a shooting tank are very good btw. blur and ringing :) )

The noise may be realistic, but it hurts my ears. The tone is very high and therefore I do not like it so much.

Nevertheless, You're now done a great job.

Looking foward to ACE2 more than any other mod, feel this is a must addon, used ACE in ARMA and am looking forward to its release for ARMA2, incidently would ACE2 be something i could be using round xmas or later, wondered about expected release time. Anyway excellent work so far cant wait, thanks to all the team and their hard work.

The noise may be realistic, but it hurts my ears. The tone is very high and therefore I do not like it so much.

Nevertheless, You're now done a great job.

Yeah, this exactly.

I like the feature, however i don't like how highpitched the sound is. Normally sound of any nature doesnt really bother me in movies or other games, but this is just abnormally high and actually hurts your ears in real life.

Simulate it in-game but dont recreate it in real life please :p

The problem is that Arma's soundengine distorts/shifts the earring sound's pitch for some unknown reason. Thats why its so bad :(

Nothing to with this topic, take it up to those servers administrators

ACE2 will provide all the tools to make this as easy to stay up to date, as well as get the mod around. It is not ACE fault some servers will not like the added features, or will prefer vanilla for whatever reasons...It is gonna be there, and free...

yes i know i was just pointing myn opinion

Did I saw the Sight of the M79 come up ?? It would be awesome to be albe to shift the M203 sights on m16/m4.

I find the aimpoint view in first person restrain too much your field of view that's sad as the usefullness of aimpoint is to to have the wider FOV.

Anyhow I really liked ACE 1 and ACE2 seem to be heavy stuff ;), can't wait

Edited by luckyhendrix

Did I saw the Sight of the M79 come up ??

Yep worked like that in ACE1, you could fire it like a normal rifle or press SHIFT F and fire it like a GL, very useful:)

Changing topic slightly, and im sorry if this has been mentioned before, but 112 pages is alot to go through.

Reguarding weight issues, and running speeds etc etc, Does ACE2 allow you to drop your backpack and use it as 'limited cover', Thus allowing you to move quicker and more effectively engage the targets as your movement is alot easier, Also in doing so, you would feel lighter than you actually are, prehaps ace could increase a players 'stats' for 20-30 seconds

(not trying to start an arguement about how much rounds a back pack can take (with live ammo in and grenades etcetc) before it blows up killing a fireteam

Changing topic slightly, and im sorry if this has been mentioned before, but 112 pages is alot to go through.

Reguarding weight issues, and running speeds etc etc, Does ACE2 allow you to drop your backpack and use it as 'limited cover', Thus allowing you to move quicker and more effectively engage the targets as your movement is alot easier, Also in doing so, you would feel lighter than you actually are, prehaps ace could increase a players 'stats' for 20-30 seconds

(not trying to start an arguement about how much rounds a back pack can take (with live ammo in and grenades etcetc) before it blows up killing a fireteam

Considering the sheer amount of features this mod is planning to bring, i think you bring up a very valid point! I have heard a few stories of soldiers putting their backpacks on grenades etc to save their squads.

Rare, but nonetheless possible!

I just hope after all this work, that ACE 2 is fully compatible with Operation Arrowhead!

Regarding OA. I think its pretty safe to say that it will be even though the need for tweaking is necessary. Thinking of what OA brings to the game i at least think the ACE team will make it compatible.

I have a dream and it involves OA+ACE2 (and ARMA2 ofcourse). :)

Did I saw the Sight of the M79 come up ?? It would be awesome to be albe to shift the M203 sights on m16/m4.

It is easy to do for the M79 because it has a one-round magazine. Sights cannot be animated, so it simply deletes the current weapon and puts a new one in the soldier's hands to flip the sights up/down. This however automatically makes the weapon load the most full magazine available in the inventory, so if you do it for a normal rifle the rifle will get magically reloaded.

It *can* be worked around for rifles with some ugly methods, but the question is if it is worth it considering the strain the mod puts on the average computer anyway.

i know that crosshair wont be in ACE2 is there a way to enable it as option or somthing in config. when you guyz realese your mod

If crosshairs, please diagonal cross which is hard to directly see center of, and make it bigger with increasing barrel sizes. Selecting an MP5 for CBQ operations will now have a tactical advantage since you can better "hipshoot" using crosshairs. I have no objections to crosshairs for sidearms as well.

Weapons with optics (ACOG, not aimdots) should never have a crosshair at all. It makes aimpoint a better selection for CQB than ACOG.

And no way should there be crosshairs on DMR and sniper rifles.

Well, that's why I think anyway.

Edig: Oh crap, misread that a little...

there was a m14 varient that I used to use all the time in ACE 1, it had a fully working laser site. hopefully that will get incorporated in ACE 2 :D

there was a m14 varient that I used to use all the time in ACE 1, it had a fully working laser site. hopefully that will get incorporated in ACE 2 :D

A lazer sight?

I'm sure you are trying to say 'Aimpoint' :)

Edited by TOTAL22

Correction: You had a bug with parallax effect of the the Aimpoint sight making you see the red dot even when not looking through the sights.

No weapon in ACE1 had 'working laser sights', and not red dot either ^^

Yeah i remember that one. Was pretty good in CQB with that bug though. :D But yes, it was a bug and no lazor excisted in ACE1.

Well, I think that such features as crosshair should be optional. If you want it - you'll have it and if not than switch it off:)

Agreed, optional sounds good, ps any estimation of release date?

"When it's done" ?

Don't worry though, we're not talking Duke Nukem Forever "When it's done" here.

In addition:

Well, I think that such features as crosshair should be optional. If you want it - you'll have it and if not than switch it off

It should be set by the server, if we're talking multiplayer.

One person running around with a crosshair and another without wouldn't be very fair, now would it?

If we're talking singleplayer, yeah, should be optional.