Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Bullet Stray

<insert face palm pic here>

I think you better get used to this WTH or just uninstall now because if this aspect of the game makes you mad then this is the wrong game for you.

This is going to be like 2006 all over again.

I'm getting so sick and tired of trolls like you on this forum, why must you be so damn mean to users? what if the OP had heart problems? how would you feel if the OP dropped dead and never posted on this forum again?

Yep, I had it too while I was using a not so legitimate exe file while waiting for my MP key to arrive, but its OK now.

I'm getting so sick and tired of trolls like you on this forum, why must you be so damn mean to users? what if the OP had heart problems? how would you feel if the OP dropped dead and never posted on this forum again?
Ebud is far from a troll. He has contributed a lot to the community.

I think his post was tongue-in-cheek.

And he does have a point. If this guy doesn't want to suffer negative effects from being shot, he should be looking towards CoD rather than Arma.

And what is this FADE thing? I have a good copy, and i didn't modify anything! If you pirate the game it reduces your weapon accuracy? rofl

Yes, FADE does do that, amongst other things such as instantly killing you, spawning you as a seagull with the text "Good birds don't run away". It's a very effective way at stopping piracy.

Ebud is correct as well. If you really want this then you should not be playing ArmA II as it's definitely not the game for you. It may be a game, but it's one that's designed to be realistic. So yeah, we will give you all this "RL bla bla bla". :confused:

Ebud is far from a troll. He has contributed a lot to the community.

I think Adumb is kidding ;)

Personally I think aiming when not using sights is more accurate than it should be. Kinda defeats the point of the sights.

Stance and stamina also have an effect on dispersion... so if you run a sprint, then try to shoot, it won't end well. This is the only thing I can really think of in terms of dispersion that 'comes and goes'.

Stance and stamina also have an effect on dispersion... so if you run a sprint, then try to shoot, it won't end well. This is the only thing I can really think of in terms of dispersion that 'comes and goes'.

Getting suppressed by enemy fire also affects accuracy.

if you're tired/wounded your aim will sway more... but if your aim is rock steady, and the bullet does not hit where you're pointing, then the only thing I can think of is FADE...

But I dont have the game yet, so dont too much weight on my words :)

Ace accuracy is much better than the one i am experiencing. Aiming at coopers head point blank and every shot misses!

And what is this FADE thing? I have a good copy, and i didn't modify anything! If you pirate the game it reduces your weapon accuracy? rofl

Do you shoot in ironsight mode or simply using crosshair?

There's something called parallax that put your "aim off" when just using crosshair (the green visor)

If you're serious about your bullets straying off even when you're aiming right at the enemies, something must have triggered FADE, a game degradation effect for illegal copies.

I thought that FADE was no longer used after the orginal OFP? From memory it caused to many issues for legit owners and they didnt use it again.

here is a thread on it... http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/fade-gone-143539/

Much writing about FADE lately.

Are we even allowed to call it that? I thought it 'belonged' to CM?

It seems there's some stray beyond that introduced by weapon sway. I noticed this immediately when shooting on the range in boot camp. In a crouched position, I took aim at the head of the target furthest away from me, holding my breath and fired. The shots tended to miss, even though the aimpoint reticle was right on top of the head when I fired. From a prone position, the shots flew exactly where I aimed.

This is different from ArmA in my experience, previously it seemed to me that weapon sway was all there was to determining how accurate you could be. I think I preferred that - if accuracy needs to be brought down, increase the swaying a little, don't add some random stray beyond that, at least nothing that would be noticeable at 100 metres.

Much writing about FADE lately.

Are we even allowed to call it that? I thought it 'belonged' to CM?

It did belong to CM i think others tried the same sort of method aswell and also failed. I dont know why everyone is saying its FADE causing the inaccuracy its not even used anymore lol.

I purchased arma 2 online and i have noticed that most weapons are innacurate while standing or crouching although prone seems to be quite accurate. Other than that the game is still buggy and needs a few more patches.

It's not named FADE but a similar system is in use

CM own the name, Bohemia invented the technology, hmm sounds familiar that ;)

CM own the name, Bohemia invented the technology, hmm sounds familiar that ;)

So, since Bohemia invented the technology I'm guessing it's completely possible that it's in Arma2. Just because it's not called FADE, doesn't mean it isn't there. :D

For some reason an idle animation plays when you crouch where your sights misalign. Could that be the problem?

I'm using a self-made localization mod and i can't see any bullet stray ...

So, since Bohemia invented the technology I'm guessing it's completely possible that it's in Arma2. Just because it's not called FADE, doesn't mean it isn't there. :D

Certainly the technology of illegal copies degrading after a short amount of play is in ArmA2 :)

I tested without any mods, still the same effect. I'm playing on veteran though, what about you fabrizioT?

Hi reb

Are you using a language hack?

If not it Sounds like you have a bad download copy. If you are are having such problems best if you send BIS your Download ID and Name and Adress.

Kind Regards walker

Is that happened even if the target is at the range that the sights are zeroed in?

Really someone should post an image or something to show how far off the hitpoint really is

Edited by 4 IN 1

I think I may have this problem. But could be just my bad aim.

What would be the best way to check and find out if Fade is working its Demon Magic on my ArmA 2 Install?

I purchased from German site have English installed as mod now.