Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Bullet Stray

I fail to see how it's false, AK's are widely known as being inaccurate, especially in comparison to weapons such as the M16.

It depends on which AK model you're referring to.

It depends on which AK model you're referring to.

The AK-47, which I thought was the model being referred to by the OP. Unless he means the latest one featured, which I guess is substantially more accurate?

The weapons seem pretty accurate to me. I have no trouble shooting distant targets. Try an M16 with ACOG, seems very accurate here. I'd rather not have them more accurate, that seems ridiculous to me.

How bad is FADE? I installed a lang patch and my pistols are crazy bad...

I'll make a vid on weapon accuracy in ARmA 2

My bullets are weird that way too.

I think it's because i put a english patch or something like that.

How bad is FADE? I installed a lang patch and my pistols are crazy bad...

Try the scoped rifles?

The language patch shouldn't do any harm as long as it doesn't touch the exe.

I'll make a vid on weapon accuracy in ARmA 2

Yeah, that would be great :)

I'll wait here. <3

Try the scoped rifles?

The language patch shouldn't do any harm as long as it doesn't touch the exe.

Those are fine.. Some M16 are kinda messed up but my M4 with silencer and Holo aimpoint is completely fine. This is strange.

I actually don't think it is the language patch. I reinstalled arma and have hte language patch in and no problems. Im not sure what it was...

Ok im going to clear up what i meant, Weapons are decently accurate up to 300 meters for me when im brand spanking new.

After 1 bullet hit, i might as well be shooting cans with a pistol. 60 meters is max range i can hit stuff after being wounded!

And dont gimme that oh in RL bla bla bla, this is a game i dont want to have no chance of killing someone after im shot first!

Yea well being less combat effective is kinda what happens when you're shot. It's part of ArmA/OFP and I think most of us like it that way.

Ok im going to clear up what i meant, Weapons are decently accurate up to 300 meters for me when im brand spanking new.

After 1 bullet hit, i might as well be shooting cans with a pistol. 60 meters is max range i can hit stuff after being wounded!

And dont gimme that oh in RL bla bla bla, this is a game i dont want to have no chance of killing someone after im shot first!

<insert face palm pic here>

I think you better get used to this WTH or just uninstall now because if this aspect of the game makes you mad then this is the wrong game for you.

This is going to be like 2006 all over again.

Ace accuracy is much better than the one i am experiencing. Aiming at coopers head point blank and every shot misses!

And what is this FADE thing? I have a good copy, and i didn't modify anything! If you pirate the game it reduces your weapon accuracy? rofl

I fail to see how it's false, AK's are widely known as being inaccurate, especially in comparison to weapons such as the M16.

That's actually not true. Not completely. the AKM has a very low trajectory, so range is a problem. It's maybe 150-250 m range. The newer AK's are better because of their cartridge (5.45). The AK-103 is an AK-74M that uses the old AKM cartridge more efficiently (it should be implemented too, as it is being exported by Russia in the masses).

The M16 is only slightly more accurate than the modern day (and old) AK series.

(the AKM is the improved AK-47 released in the 50's btw)

Ace accuracy is much better than the one i am experiencing. Aiming at coopers head point blank and every shot misses!

It's your aiming. Weapons are perfectly accurate at point blank.

The AK-47, which I thought was the model being referred to by the OP. Unless he means the latest one featured, which I guess is substantially more accurate?

The ak47 isn't that inaccurate. 3 to 5 MOA at 100 meters with a max effective range of 350 meters. 4 moa means 4 inches dispersion every 100 yards, and maximum effective range is the range a trained shooter can expect to get 50% hits on a man sized target.

The m16a2 with milspec ammo can get 1.5-3 MOA at 100 meters with a maximum effective range of 600m.

The ak-74 seems to be able to achieve groupings of 2 MOA. The site I got that figure off of seems to say the shots were fired at 300 meters.

The m16a2 has better sights for long range shooting and has less recoil in rapid shooting than the ak47. I am not sure about the ak74.

Im having the same problem, weird.

ArmA 1 accuracy was the best! No fun when you shooting someone and none of the bullets hit!

Have you been randomly transformed to a bird during missions too?

Strange indeed.

I think that the idea of AK-47 inaccuracy stems from its caliber (7.62x39.) I've never fired one, but I've talked to a few military people that have and they all say that its kick is a lot more noticeable than the M16's (which is to be expected.) If you're used to firing 5.56x45 from an M16, then I suppose the AK would be a bit more difficult to control.

I'd imagine that you could say the same think about a PK vs. an M249.

Just speculation on my part, though.

Weapons inaccurate? M16A2 is like a sniper rifle in ArmA 2! Bullets hit a target 600 meters pretty close to each other. :) And Pecheneg MG, is highly accurate in this game too, just like in real life as some Russian "experts" say... Don't have any accuracy problems in my game, just remember, original games don't FADE :p

Edited by USSRsniper

And what is this FADE thing? I have a good copy, and i didn't modify anything! If you pirate the game it reduces your weapon accuracy? rofl

Yeah, kind of like GTAIV, where you'd always be drunk.

If the game gets pirated, FADE kicks in and slowly starts degrading the game, like bullet stray, essentially making the game impossible to play.