Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

i want to buy it but my paypal account works with my bankaccount and not with creditcard. :( transferring money from bank to paypal takes 1week atleast

have You seen this MP video?

I looks great but one thing bugs me, uninteruptable animation like in ArmA1 :/ You have to finish you volt over fence beforeyou die, in one moment guy even ended reloading animation during death animation :/

Will we see an Xlive video of arma2 today ?

Edited by Partizanas

why are the footstep sounds like they are walking in a pool of water

BTW: We need more videos like this. showing close combat

Will we see an Xlive video of arma2 to day ?

Probably not. There's no official support of ArmA2 by Xfire which leads to a lot of issues streaming.

why are the footstep sounds like they are walking in a pool of water...
That's the water in the can he carries around. When he moves slower you don't here it.

is that a bullet whizzle at 3:42? it sure sounds great

is that a bullet whizzle at 3:42? it sure sounds great

I gues its just some kind of "village" ambient sound. Screeping

doors ect...

The sound gets totally screwed up when recording with Fraps. In-game the sounds like birds, insects, footsteps, doors etc. sound normal but in the recording they are all much too loud. It's weird.

cool.

Do people usually play in third person? OR it just there for show?

cool.

Do people usually play in third person? OR it just there for show?

There are folks who do play in 3rd person if it is enabled in the server. Personally I prefer to stay in 1st person view.

sometimes its nice to switch, but for realism it should be off.

The video honestly doesn't do the sounds justice. I had to make Fraps record in Stereo because otherwise converting the sound was a bitch. In-game the helo sounds are much cooler. They sound different from different angles, like from below you really hear the blades. The helo powering down also sounds cool, but I forgot to include it in the video.
Thanks for posting that MadDogX, it was well worth the effort. The sound really was the stand out for me. Does the game support 5.1 surround or higher?

small_shot2.jpg

I'm really looking forward to these bad boys coming over from America (and down in price) and directional sound will be awesome.

P

Thanks for posting that MadDogX, it was well worth the effort. The sound really was the stand out for me. Does the game support 5.1 surround or higher?

small_shot2.jpg

I'm really looking forward to these bad boys coming over from America (and down in price) and directional sound will be awesome.

P

Yup, it was one of the first things I tested. There's no specific "stereo/surround" option in the game, as far as I can see, so I guess it's detected automagically. Positional audio does seem accurate and the bass is nice too. Sounds excellent on my system. :)

MadDogX

Will you upload to Youtube more arma2 videos this night ? Or should all the snobs go to sleep ? :)

MadDogX

Will you upload to Youtube more arma2 videos this night ? Or should all the snobs go to sleep ? :)

You can go to sleep ;).

I've mainly been testing stuff like gfx optimization now. Earlier for the video I was running 1280x720 with 150% fillrate, so now I've been trying out my settings for 1920x1080 and seeing if I can play with them. I'm happy to say I've got the game running pretty smooth at full HD and 125% fillrate, so at least a bit of AA - and it looks bloody amazing :). I just hope BIS optimizes performance with long VD and in large towns.

Tomorrow I won't have much time, so I might just post some 1920x1080 screenshots, or one or two short video clips.

Scroll down here and watch the vid...

Yes we know, they made a bug video, no need to keep trolling it is there?

finally some brave guy, which playing in 3rd person - show time is cool

Happy 00:01 people!

But I won't get to play for ~30 mins since download hasn't finished...

I hope, that preorder czech vrsion receive erlier than is release date

Well most of us have to wait till the 19th June

-_-

Damn! I've almost forgot. Curse you!