Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

There is nothing new realism like, everything just plays like in Arma1.

I think you ought to put away your jump to conclusions mat, Mr. g-c, and play the game a little more before going off like that. This is just a friendly suggestion, but what you say comes off--quite bluntly--as premature particularly given that A2 won't even officially be "out" until tomorrow.

I guess I could make short videos of certain things and upload them to YouTube. 10-20 second clips of stuff like destroying a HMMWV with a machine gun, or having fun with cows. :)

Any other ideas?

Enough with the cows already :j: We've seen plenty of those already. They go moo and stink. So what :D

Lets see some tactical stuff:

Lets see AI using smoke, illumination, fire support, supressive fires.

Lets see the behavioural AI improvements.

Lets see user controlled mortar and artillery support. Smoke and illum?

Lets see smoke grenades blocking AIs view.

Lets see if they even react to them at all or just stands there stupid.

Lets see the new Warfare game mode.

Lets see the wounding system in action.

Lets see AI shooting from vehicle positions with personal weapons.

Lets see proper ballistics in action, especially tracer rounds of heavy sniper rifles and rocketry.

Hell, even the first mission intro of the campaign would be nice. But nothing really revealing ;)

All that 'small stuff' that so few seems to worry about.

We have been wanting serious features for many years, and all people can thing about are stupid cows?

I think you ought to put away your jump to conclusions mat, Mr. g-c, and play the game a little more before going off like that. This is just a friendly suggestion, but what you say comes off--quite bluntly--as premature particularly given that A2 won't even officially be "out" until tomorrow.

1. It was a first opinion after i played the game one day.

2. Half germany already plays it, there are like 25+ MP Games open already (need screens?) and in nearly every computer related Forums they are reporting about Arma2 already.

It seemed that the shops didn't gave anything about any release embargo and as i entered the shop today to grab two copies for my brothers (i personally ordered 505 Version, as i don't "like" the german publisher :p), 3 other people bought it there as well.

Sorry to hear Mr. g-c. Would you be willing to use the patch(es?) and comment again on the issues you posted above? I'd be very interested to hear how they are addressed. In my ignorant opinion, sounds again like things are missing, giving you some of the issues you are having.

Thank you.

Edited by Scrub

Sorry to hear Mr. g-c. Would you be willing to use the patch(es?) and comment again on the issues you posted above? I'd be very interested to hear how they are addressed.

Thank you.

Well its not that bad actually, as i said i have as a "old rabbit" a biased opinion about it - i think i was expecting way way way way x10 to much.

When you read through german computer forums, "newbies" pretty much like it and suggest it to other interested guys, so this is a good sign.

The Patch comes tomorrow and will be a beta like i read, lets see what has changed there.

Again i'm pretty impressed by the performance! I have only a older GF9600GT in it, but everything on normal/high runs very fluid! No stutterings no nothing.

how does your system perform? does arma 1 perform better or arma 2 on your system

Sorry mr.g-c but you sound like an ACE fanboy with pink glasses - who thinks all stuff that ACE made is 100% realism. :p

Would suggest that all have to be patient until all Arma2 versions are on the same line. German release patch is on the way...

1. It was a first opinion after i played the game one day.

Fair enough, but claiming that it doesn't have technical features that go beyond ArmA 1 was my primary gripe with what you wrote. How could you know that after one day? Give it some time.

how does your system perform? does arma 1 perform better or arma 2 on your system

Arma2 performs way better!

I could put like 100s of units in the editor and not not much performance decrease.... all cores get utilized as it seems, so this is a good sign!

Sorry mr.g-c but you sound like an ACE fanboy with pink glasses - who thinks all stuff that ACE made is 100% realism. :p

Would suggest that all have to be patient until all Arma2 versions are on the same line. German release patch is on the way...

Im not sounding like one - i am one!

So everyone who does not know the ACE mod and have pink glasses on - you will like Arma2.

The campaign is really cool btw and so are the included scenarios.

Fair enough, but claiming that it doesn't have technical features that go beyond ArmA 1 was my primary gripe with what you wrote. How could you know that after one day? Give it some time.

No you misunderstood me then, it has no realism features more than Arma1 (with ACE), to be honest i can't remember when i played stock Arma1 the last time.

Of course i would be glad if you or anyone else points me to something i can try and reproduce in the editor, the campaign or else!

Edited by mr.g-c

Only managed one rather unspectacular video so far. I got a bit carried away trying out stuff in the editor after uploading it:

As for all the miserablists crying about how Arma2 is just ArmA with mods... what the hell have you been doing? I've been having some fun with the AI for the past few hours and it was a total blast. Even small firefights with 5v5 peeps in a village are infinitely more fun than in ArmA. They suppress you, they stay in cover, the fun factor is way beyond ArmA1. The whole atmosphere (sounds, visual effects etc.) is amazing. The whole world feels much more alive, especially with civs and animals.

Yup, there are bugs. Who would have guessed :eek:? But surely nothing as game-breaking as in ArmA1. I haven't had a single CTD so far, performance isn't superb but definitely playable. And remember this is the much too early Morphicon release that hasn't even been patched!

Edited by MadDogX
typo

Indeed its fun and it feels great and it definatly not A1 with addons... that way A1 was OFP with new graphics or what?

And now im off to play some more and shed a few more tears of happyness :p

Didnt start the campaign yet as i wait for the friday patch so maybe that would have changed my mind.

So far i played the trainings and see what i cna do with the editor and all the lil details are jsut awesome not to mention its runs perfectly fast.

MadDogX, do you have the same problems with taking screenshots?

I can't grab them when using the print screen key, i had to use Fraps for it, which could be bad for bug screenshotting for the casual players...

Do you saw any of those bugs yet?

arma22009052821160136.th.jpg arma22009052821164225.th.jpg

We can reproduce it here on 3 PCs

MadDogX, do you have the same problems with taking screenshots?

I can't grab them when using the print screen key, i had to use Fraps for it, which could be bad for bug screenshotting for the casual players...

We can reproduce it here on 3 PCs

Confirmed, I have to use Fraps too. I tried once with the print screen key but it turned out black.

Edited by MadDogX

All this hubub...

Can you answer one question: Is the game as epic as everybody thought it would be?

That's all i want to know.

Plus: Somebody get some gameplay videos.

looks like it's just arma 1 with a make over, just like most of us predicted.

Yay, exactly what i want! :bounce3:

(by that i mean a natural evolution of the engine)

Edited by Yoma

Funny, i start Fraps but ingame it seems disabled somehow.

Taking screens with the print key works though.

Hahaaa, Thanks MaddogX. Nice and smooth, good details in the Venom. Scale, and sound dynamic range is high. Good stuff.

All this hubub...

Can you answer one question: Is the game as epic as everybody thought it would be?

That's all i want to know.

Plus: Somebody get some gameplay videos.

Depends what you expected, some expected a new game jesus it seems.

For me it has the potencial to be a true OFP sequel but as said before thats only my opinion... if it is A1 with mods as some say then wow where did such A1 mods hide i havent seen them...

EDIT

Just noticed, FRAPS does work but the counter didnt show up, just checked and it saved my pics.

Edited by Shadow NX

Hahaaa, Thanks MaddogX. Nice and smooth, good details in the Venom. Scale, and sound dynamic range is high. Good stuff.

The video honestly doesn't do the sounds justice. I had to make Fraps record in Stereo because otherwise converting the sound was a bitch. In-game the helo sounds are much cooler. They sound different from different angles, like from below you really hear the blades. The helo powering down also sounds cool, but I forgot to include it in the video.

I am almost prepared to set a paypal bounty for video of the rumored bigfoot. :D more props if you can make it shaky and grainy like the patterson video lol. Thanks for the vids though, keep em coming. seems there are a couple others who are making short videos, including a MP firefight. youtube it and sort by most recent.

Bigfoot won't be implemented until patch 1.02

Edit: Just realise someone might take that seriously, my post is not serious.

Edited by Steakslim

even for the first unpatched version.. Arma2 looks pretty cool!;)

dam.. all the screenshots/videos and still no sign of the MLRS firing/UAV:(... i would buy the german release but my internet is highly limited and it would take me 2days to download :p