Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

could you try a chopper, please? this could interesting to know if this is easier to fly in arma2 than in arma1

easier? i hope not, it wasnt hard at all imo. shouldnt be like in a arcade game.

would be nice to see how the MLRS fires in the night if you can show us please:)

I waiting for some awesoma interesting gamefootage ... !!!

Scroll down here and watch the vid...

I just want to actually witness microAI in action. Is it really cm precisious. Does it behave in same manner as it did in 2006 (individual actually crossing slowly from house to house, using corners to check around)

simply put, whatever happened to

I guess I could make short videos of certain things and upload them to YouTube. 10-20 second clips of stuff like destroying a HMMWV with a machine gun, or having fun with cows. :)

Any other ideas?

dont think thats a good idea, someone will show up spam the broad saying "oh ho bi cant even do proper damage model this is a joke the game suckzzz looks at OFP2 they rockxxxx" and i am 120% centian about that

not a complain, just an observe

If it is possible and not much trouble, I request those who have the game to give us a little glimpse of:

- Paradroping

- The conversation system

- Javelin optics

- Water: shore and ponds

- Night fighting, tracers and explosions

- An urban, close quarters firefight

I realize that its still work in progress and things will be more complete with the 505 and some things will be added later as well.

if you can mate could you please show us a vid of the uh-1y in action also the carrier

if you can mate could you please show us a vid of the uh-1y in action also the carrier

we saw the carrier. It's plain static. It just stands like a house on which rooftops you interact. No doors open.

Scroll down here and watch the vid...

AI drive like in ofp (turn! turn! turn! :p), AI don't move and shoot at the enemy: AI is still a little bit stupid?

when a guy is killed in the building on the gateway, his body should have fall at the bottom of the building. In the vid, the body stays half in the air like in ofp. no improvements

ad video what I want see:

- some medic system, taking your frinds, etc.

- looking down from broadcaster (highest level when you want go)

- driving with motorbike, bicykle, humvee (any change in driving model or physic?)

- showing several units as snipers in camouflage, attacking the enemy in 300m distance (on the plain)

- reloading, shoting, huntig animals

- train, is playable or only static?

Bring on the videos :P

Can I also say there is usually 80 people viewing this section normally, there a 224 people viewing right now!!

You can really tell that the smell of release day is in the air

Edited by craig3000

Well, I've spent the last couple of hours optimizing my gfx settings because performance was a bit disappointing. Now I've finally found the main culprit: view distance. I started out setting the view distance to 3500m because that's what I've always been using with ArmA. Big no no...

Here's some stuff I've learned about the gfx settings:

- View distance is a major FPS killer. I set mine to 1200 for maximum performance :(.

- Fillrate optimizer at 100% basically means no AA. 200% looks absolutely gorgeous, but also kills a lot of FPS. 150% is a good compromise for me. (Anything below 100% makes me want to shit on my furniture.)

- Setting model details too high will really kill performance in city areas. I had to set it to normal to remedy this, but didn't see too much difference.

- I could set texture details to very high with no problems. Guess that's where my GTX285 really plows through.

- Terrain detail mostly seems to control grass distance and didn't have too much effect on FPS. I set it to high.

Overall the game still looks stunning, but it's a mixed bag performance-wise. I mostly hope they'll add proper antialiasing and optimize the performance in towns. Other than that, from what I've tested so far the sounds and visual FX like explosions are pure awesomeness. Helicopters are a dream come true. I also tested the AI in a town and they are really almost scary. Suppressive fire works even without any logics and is very effective.

Now that I've got the gfx issues sorted out, I can finally start making some videos :). Requests are noted, but I won't be making anything big or fancy. Just a couple of short, unedited clips.

I'd like to request a short video showing off the UAV and it's features.

That and... an MLRS artillery strike leveling a village at night!

Well, I've spent the last couple of hours optimizing my gfx settings because performance was a bit disappointing. Now I've finally found the main culprit: view distance. I started out setting the view distance to 3500m because that's what I've always been using with ArmA. Big no no...

Here's some stuff I've learned about the gfx settings:

- View distance is a major FPS killer. I set mine to 1200 for maximum performance :(.

- Fillrate optimizer at 100% basically means no AA. 200% looks absolutely gorgeous, but also kills a lot of FPS. 150% is a good compromise for me. (Anything below 100% makes me want to shit on my furniture.)

- Setting model details too high will really kill performance in city areas. I had to set it to normal to remedy this, but didn't see too much difference.

- I could set texture details to very high with no problems. Guess that's where my GTX285 really plows through.

- Terrain detail mostly seems to control grass distance and didn't have too much effect on FPS. I set it to high.

Overall the game still looks stunning, but it's a mixed bag performance-wise. I mostly hope they'll add proper antialiasing and optimize the performance in towns. Other than that, from what I've tested so far the sounds and visual FX like explosions are pure awesomeness. Helicopters are a dream come true. I also tested the AI in a town and they are really almost scary. Suppressive fire works even without any logics and is very effective.

Now that I've got the gfx issues sorted out, I can finally start making some videos :). Requests are noted, but I won't be making anything big or fancy. Just a couple of short, unedited clips.

Good work hmmm I have a similar system just with a overclocked 4850

You can't expect to have everything at the highest settings :D it is a pretty good looking game though so no surprise about performance

I guess we can see what the view distance is like at 1200 when you get a video up

I love you :286:

sounds like i'll have similar performance compared to ArmA. In ArmA I turned down shadows and AA in favor of higher view distances (I can live with some jaggies here and there).

sounds like i'll have similar performance compared to ArmA. In ArmA I turned down shadows and AA in favor of higher view distances (I can live with some jaggies here and there).

I used to play on consoles 360 and earlier, now I am back on PC and before I wasn't to bothered about AA but now after having a lot of my games at 2/4 x AA, I really notice when anti aliasing isn't there unfortunately :D

Have to suffer with no AA on GTA4 tho, a level of 2xAA will do me fine

Not sure if it was mentioned before but it seems most ArmA addons work quite good in ArmA2

t80b2.th.jpg

t80b.th.jpg

T80s worked perfectly, weapons seemed ok too but dont sit right in the pilot view.

What i really like is how much better the normals come out in ArmA.

What i didnt like was that females cant carry weapons or enter amored vehicles... there goes my idea of a heavy armed hooker troop in a T80 :(

Well, its ArmA with mods. Thought as much. :\

Oh well, OFP 2 looks amazing so far.. hope they remove the player cap and it'll be perfect.

The russian UAV has a pilot seat under the main body according to a german player :party::confused:

Shadow NX: thats the best news so far :) I'm finishing up my ArmA1 map so I'll probably be able to convert it to A2.

Arma 2 is not Arma with mods.

Is backwards compatiblity a bad thing? Especially when the models will look better straight away in the new SM 3.0 rendering core?

Well, its ArmA with mods. Thought as much. :\