Sign in to follow this  
_Cappa

ArmA2 Media Blowout Twitter Q&A

I remember using twitter when it came out, its alright but i got over it.

Twitter is shitter

Is my opinion of Twitter, so thanks for extracting it all into a useful form Cappa.

Why does BIS still have the silly drop everything in water? In real life you would NEVER EVER drop your weapon, first thing they teach you in training, AT maybe, but not your rifle.

Can BIS atleast have that as an option that can be turned on/off somewhere? :confused:

Why does BIS still have the silly drop everything in water? In real life you would NEVER EVER drop your weapon, first thing they teach you in training, AT maybe, but not your rifle.

Can BIS atleast have that as an option that can be turned on/off somewhere? :confused:

If you don't want to drop it, don't try to swim with it :rolleyes:

You must have missed this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72823

lol true, still you wouldnt drop your rifle, true that AT and even alot of ur mags but your rifle is your life and you'd keep it. Still, atleast its for a reason.

Q: Hoping this is the right spot for questions: What about multiplayer? is the thing with "warping" of the AI solved? Thx

A: Warping is usually caused by server config settings. It's important to balance a server's load/spec and the missions you play.

No disrespect to the guy who answers the question but obviously he is not aware of the issue with AI warping even with servers with no load/high bandwidth...and that is due to netcode and more specifically has to do with minimumerrortosend.....

from what i understand the netcode is not using interpolation...and i really do hope that BIS has fixed that on Arma2...

from new comes in the game that on mp see AI and other players warping..they think is something wrong with their pc, connection server etc..when in reality is down to netcode...

So no 3d editor, that makes putting objects on map still be quite a painful job

And talking about crashing into a tree, did the chopper turned into a fireball right away?

Edited by 4 IN 1

Hi tomcat_

Interpolation relies on placing objects where you think they will be from past data. In other words best guessing. It has cost in terms of client processor and a netcode cost in terms synchronization. The synchronization errors increase with distance.

Which is better:

Interpolate the position across 30 to 100 clients only to have to post synchronization corrections to those 30 to 100 clients every time their is a lag error, which leads to desynch?

Send the real data with occasional lag?

Please bare in mind synchronization errors increase with distance. That is why we have view distance on servers in MP set lower than in SP. Edit also be aware the mission maker and admin can allow certain roles to have increased view distance while the rest have the lower view distance good clients for this are fast jet pilots, AA units and snipers

PS I am great believer in time out server freezes for really bad desynch but players need to be told.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Added point about variable view distance

I still don't see the reason why the German release date has to be 2 weeks earlier than everywhere else? Why not conencide them? It's ridiculous! Good review on Tactical Gamer, gearing up to be quite a good game. Well Done BIS :)

I still don't see the reason why the German release date has to be 2 weeks earlier than everywhere else? Why not conencide them? It's ridiculous! Good review on Tactical Gamer, gearing up to be quite a good game. Well Done BIS :)

Ask Morphicon, it's certainly not a question for BIS to answer.

German Publisher is greedy...... its my only conclusion, its reaction and overall behavior during Arma1 release weren't any better either - hence thats why i will buy 505 or czech version.

This guy and his company don't deserve a single buck in my opinion, even more after what has been done to some well known german community members.....

So i don't give anything on the german release actually, im only curious about all first-hand impressions, screenshots and videos - thats it for me with the german release.

Edited by mr.g-c

So no 3d editor, that makes putting objects on map still be quite a painful job ...

:confused: Too much :803:???

Q: Can you confirm that we will have a 3D editor in ArmA2?

A: Confirmed!

:confused: Too much :803:???

Again this caused a little bit of confusion at the time. What 505/BIS termed a 3D editor isnt quite what was meant by the person asking the question. I presume they mean does it have the VBS2 style 3D Real Time Editor. The answer - I'm sorry - is No!

I spent a good 10-20 mins playing around in the editor with Foxhound and Barmy Army and didnt see any 3D/RTE options. (I have screen shots to prove it too)

So no, i am not drunk:rolleyes:

Without 3D editor it's really a pain to do mission where you have to place lots of object. A big thanks to silola for his 3D editor for ArmA, it's a good thing.

Hoped it will be implemented in ArmA II Vanilla, but it looks like we will have to wait for a patch by BIS or a new addon.. :/

But if we think a little bit, they have done some sort of 3D editor.. on warfare mode when you place your building.. it's a sort of.

It's just need to be tweaked to better fit what should be a mission editor in 3D.

Wait, didn't they just confirm that?

They confirmed, but guys on the place only saw the basic 2D editor, not 3D. So we will have to wait until final release to be sure there is or not a 3D editor.

German Publisher is greedy...... its my only conclusion, its reaction and overall behavior during Arma1 release weren't any better either - hence thats why i will buy 505 or czech version.

This guy and his company don't deserve a single buck in my opinion, even more after what has been done to some well known german community members.....

So i don't give anything on the german release actually, im only curious about all first-hand impressions, screenshots and videos - thats it for me with the german release.

I thought that it was more to test the game for the general public so if something is horribly wrong they have another week or so to fix it before the rest of europe gets the game.

Time will tell. I guess we'll get a 3d editor, but without realtime preview like in VBS.

And people who claim that the german realase is just beta for a regular game price are somewhat of stupid. They'll recieve full support, ability to play the final game (though unpatched) earlier than rest of the world and of course when rest will get own realase the version will be same at time. If it's such a pain to play not globally tested game, just don't bother buying it for a month. If they would delay german realase, they would probably end up with same game as a month earlier.

Edited by sidhellfire

Time will tell. I guess we'll get a 3d editor, but without realtime preview like in VBS.

And people who claim that the german realase is just beta for a regular game price are somewhat of stupid. They'll recieve full support, ability to play the final game (though unpatched) earlier than rest of the world and of course when rest will get own realase the version will be same at time. If it's such a pain to play not globally tested game, just don't bother buying it for a month. If they would delay german realase, they would probably end up with same game as a month earlier.

^^ That. Well said.