Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

5.0 Final (b) = 5.0.300 build 6225, just so you know.

Regarding the hotkey issue, do you have the hotkeys trapped in the TrackIR software?

After doing a bit more Google searching, I found a suggestion to configure the TrackIR software to run as administrator and that did the trick. I do appreciate your taking the time to monitor this forum to resolve support issues, however - thanks!

After doing a bit more Google searching, I found a suggestion to configure the TrackIR software to run as administrator and that did the trick. I do appreciate your taking the time to monitor this forum to resolve support issues, however - thanks!

Glad that you got it sorted out!

Just got my TIR4 installed. It worked straight away. No problems. The default profile is fine.

Hi All,

Just got my TrackIR 5 Pro, I'm quite happy with it, except for the pro clip, which is really made of some cheap material and quite frankly I don't understand that Natrualpoint didn't went for something better in quality. It feels like it can break any moment. Especially considering its price. I hope the producer picks up on this?

I'm wondering what the ideal settings is for flying in Arma 2? And what about infantary?

Do you guys switch half way, so if you get out of say your chopper and start walking, do you use differnt settings by hitting alt tab? Or...?

I'm finding that I get stuttery, non smooth movement when panning around unless I'm getting over 50fps (good luck :)). I feel there is more to it than simply frame rate though, because when I pan the mouse left and right it seems pretty smooth, but when I turn my head with the TrackIr its way more jittery, like my FPS are in the teens when its at about 25-30. I have tried various smoothing and light filtering settings etc. I tried the trackIR5 software and also TrackIR 4.1 and it seems the same. Other games don't have this problem with TrackIR, although the other games I use with it have pretty high FPS. Anyone else have this or know of a way to smooth it out more? I'm using TrackIR4 Device and TrackClipPro.

Yeah, I minimize before launching any games/make sure the tracking and preview windows are closed.

I'm on 190.38 nvidia drivers

2*9800gtx sli

Core2QuadQ9300 @3.2

780i motherboard

4gb Dominator pc8500

XFI extreme music

Video convinced me in one viewing to buy.. im from canada and foudn a much much better price by ordering through ncix.com

been playing with it for 5 days now and love it! :)

So my TrackIR 5 was working fine, but now this afternoon when I want to play it is bugging out all over the place. Random stutters and view shifts all over the place in game, juttering in and out. The left green lcd keeps blinking on and off sporadically.

The only thing I can think of that's different is that it is daytime now? my shades are drawn, and the lighting isn't overly bright. what's going on here?

So my TrackIR 5 was working fine, but now this afternoon when I want to play it is bugging out all over the place. Random stutters and view shifts all over the place in game, juttering in and out. The left green lcd keeps blinking on and off sporadically.

The only thing I can think of that's different is that it is daytime now? my shades are drawn, and the lighting isn't overly bright. what's going on here?

Are you using the Pro Clip or the reflectors?

Try clicking “display†then “camera view.†and check for interfering light sources.

Vista or XP? It seems the problem with my stuff came with Vista.

What key bindings do you guys use for your TrackIR in ARMA 2 as the "F" function keys are already assigned?

Hi all

I use

[Home] = Centre (easy to feel position on my keyboard as it is middle top of three buttons on my keyboard)

[End] = Pause (directly below the [Home] button but it don't matter if accedently toggled while trying for the [Home] button)

[Pause Break] = Precision (keep that furthest away from home button so it does not get pressed by accedent as it alters your setup)

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

When i have these stutters i minimize the game and open the program, play a bit with the light filter or dot tracking ( random setting ), it works most of the time.

Funny thing is, sometime it works as nothing was wrong. The other day i have these stutters ( shifting to center to where i was looking the other moment ago ) all the time, the only way to repair it is to restart the whole program ( bad if you are in a game because you lose the ability to move the in game head ). I gave up on that and won't buy a TrackIR 5 either, i don't think my hardware ( TIR ) has a problem after seeing sp many people suddenly have the same problem as well. I had it since Vista independant of which software version 4.x or 5.x i use, never had a problem with XP.

Stutters a bit also with FreeTrack (not in other games) so seems that the problem is in Arma.

I get 'flickering' in both A1 and A2, which is solved by moving my head closer to the unit. I've not had this problem with TiR in other games, I can sit back comfortably in my chair and it works just fine, so it appears to be something in the way Arma interfaces with the TiR.

Can anyone that uses trackIR explain to me the benefit? I understand in theory how cool it could be, but it seems to me that if you're moving your head to look around, unless you have a giant screen, you're no longer facing the monitor, so what good does it do? I'm thinking about getting it, but only if I'm convinced it would be worth it. I've heard great things, but I'm skeptical. Maybe I misunderstand how it works.

It turns more ingame then your head does, so you only have to move your head a little to turn all the way around ingame.

Love my TrackIR for flying and and driving and won't play FSX without it but never use it if I'm slogging it out on the ground in ArmA2. Much prefer toggling free look off and on (have a MB assigned to that) as I find the perspective of aiming through the sites to be awkward with TrackIR. And ArmA2 already has leaning built into it.

If TrackIR allowed you to peek OVER something in ArmA2 (ie in MS FSX you can actually look up and over the cowling!!) it would be worth it , but it doesn't.

As PrivateNoob said, the movement is scaled. You turn your head a small amount, say to the monitor edge, and ingame you're looking 90 degrees. It's kind of like scaling your mouse sensitivity.

Ingame, I find that often I need to cover one area, but still have eyes on another area. I can do this with TrackIR, have my weapon covering a street eentrance for example but still keep my eye on a particular alleyway. I can do this by moving my head so both areas are in view, but still keep my weapon trained on the main danger area.