Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Load up the software and look on the left panel. You will see Advanced Settings. Click the arrow next to it and you'll get access to more advanced options. Now, select the profile you wish to edit from the Profile: drop down men (you cannot save changes to the Default profile).

The most important part of this window is the area with the graph. The part with the word Curve: and the up and down arrows is where you set the sensitivity, with the up arrow increasing it and the down arrow decreasing it. You can adjust each axis individually as well by selecting it from the Axis: drop down menu. The check boxes next to each axis tell you which are enabled and disabled. You can make it so that you only have certain axis enabled here, like I only use Yaw and Pitch.

In the end, fiddle around with the different settings. That's how I learned. :p

Geez... I'm so stupid. I thought the "Enable" button means that TrackIR IS enabled, not that pressing it will enable it... now it's working! :D It's awesome, and sorry for my stupidity.

Geez... I'm so stupid. I thought the "Enable" button means that TrackIR IS enabled, not that pressing it will enable it... now it's working! :D It's awesome, and sorry for my stupidity.

I'd laugh, but I did exactly that too. :D

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Could someone help me out here please, with setting it up. Everything is working great, it's all nice ingame etc.

But I am trying to finetune it, and it's so confusing. I loaded default profile "One:One". It was much better than default as it didn't feel clunky, but it also was not very sensetive, so I could only look 20 degrees up before it lost signal and spazzed out, lol...

I can look far left, and far right, and down, but I am really struggling to make it keep signal when looking up. And also I need some sort of profile for Arma 2, but have no idea how.

Any help would be much apreciated!

Kind Regards,

Richie.

Positioning of the camera is quite important Richie. I have the clip on the left hand side of my headphones. The camera needs to be directly in front of it, so in the middle of the monitor is not usually the best place.

Awesome, thanks!

I am starting to figure it all out now, but I am still having issues. I think because I have a small screen, (19") and must sit relatively close, the camera is having a hard time maintaining signal with the Track Clip Pro.

I can look all around, all though not very far unless I bump up sensetivity, but no matter what I do there is always an area it can't track.

Like, I will be able to look all around, but if I look up AND left, it looses signal. So I adjust the camera, now I can look up and left, but not down and right...

It's so annoying lol!

Indeed, I'm having the same issue Richie. I too have a 19" monitor. The FOV of the tracker is my biggest issue at the moment. It's too small. :butbut:

Indeed, I'm having the same issue Richie. I too have a 19" monitor. The FOV of the tracker is my biggest issue at the moment. It's too small. :butbut:

Hmm, lets work as a team and get this sorted...LOL!

But seriously, we can't be the first with this issue. I'll go see what I can find, if anything works for me it should work for you too :)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Hey mate, found a great solution :)

Don't use track clip pro, use a hat! For me, it's much more comfortable, much more accurate, and much smoother. It only looses signal when you look really far, way further than you would ever need.

:)

Its super easy. Simply take the little reflector piece thingy, and clip it to the front of the hat. So that one reflector is up in the air, and 2 are resting on top of the front of the cap, with the bottom securing it in place. Like this:

hat&wire_small.jpg

Honestly, at least for me on my tiny screen, it is epic compared to the track clip pro thing. Once you have the profile tweaked its awesome!

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Is there an ingame reset button in Arma 2? Sometimes when I switch to my controller for flying, I like to change my whole body position. But to do this I need to be able center the view again.

Thanks!

Yes, it's F12 to reset it.

And thanks. Lol, I thought I had to slip the TrackClip Pro into that piece or something. I shall try it. :D

Edit: Oh wow, the difference is incredible. Thanks for the suggestion, Richie! I need to buy a new baseball cap...

Edited by Zipper5
Amazing

Haha no probs mate! I can't believe how good the hat is. Maybe Track Clip Pro is designed for people who have larger screens, thus have to sit further away.

Thanks for letting me know F12, I found out like 2 seconds after asking LOL.

My TIR never loses my Clip Pro. I had a 4 point hat setup with FT, the problem is that a hat AND headphones isn't comfortable and the last time looked, the FT equivalent of Clip Pro was said to perform much better. I just assumed the same would be true in TIR.

My clip PRO is running great here.

How far away do you sit from your monitors though mate?

I sit about 2ft from mine, maybe it's the sunlight?

How far away do you sit from your monitors though mate?

I sit about 2ft from mine, maybe it's the sunlight?

Yes, 1.5 - 2 ft, sunlight (like from a window behind you) may cause bad peformance and make the TIR "lose" the clip.

I got used to it very quick in aircraft (awsome) and with infantry it takes a lot longer. When the noggan is finnaly programed for TIR5 infantry youll miss it if its not on..

Fiddle and get to know it :)

I'm trying it too, thanks alot for sharing!

Awesome profile, thanks mate :)

@Snots, does that mean it doesn't have a virus, lol? No idea what cobbers means lol :p

It's Australian for friend.

Or Loser of the Ashes.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I've tried that profile, it doesn't have any leaning in it.

It's pretty nice, I sort of made a mix of that and my own. Now I have leaning and no dead zones, I prefer it to be smooth and very reactive.

Great in CQB when you are aiming down sight, feels much more real as you have to try and line your head up with the sights.

Oh yeah baby, Trackir owns!!!

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'll post my profile now, beware though, it's sensetive, (Racing driver sensetive :D) and designed for a cap, not track clip pro...

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

http://www.filefront.com/15517709/Hat.xml