Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

I will see if I can reload while moving. If I can't I'll throw it in the bin and wait for OFP:DR. The above brain-dead design decision is the main reason why I didn't bother with ArmA formore than a few days.

It's already been shown in many ArmA II previews.

And, you know, reloading while moving is actually quite a hard task to accomplish in reality.

I think i'lll do the obvious intalling ect.

Then try to recreat the scene from Rambo 2 when the Hind Chases the Huey.

Was it really a Hind? :confused:

And, you know, reloading while moving is actually quite a hard task to accomplish in reality.

LOL, I say! :shine:

Edited by Celery

Was it really a Hind? :confused:

No, a Puma ;):)

And the one from Red-Scorpion (Picture, Scene) is also some strange thing...

I will see if I can reload while moving. If I can't I'll throw it in the bin and wait for OFP:DR. The above brain-dead design decision is the main reason why I didn't bother with ArmA formore than a few days.

You cant. This is proven in the trackir presentation video.

I would personally set my video settings, and then go into the training mission, see if there are any gameplay changes, etc. Then I'd go into the single player and start the campaign. I would like to explore chernarus but I don't know what kind of rewards it gives. Besides, there's never a time when you're between missions so you can do that, right?

I'll play single player for a while, but I won't go into multiplayer until I actually know which server to go into. I don't feel like falling into a random server right away.

errrrrm, you can reload while moving Litos, I can't remember the blasted video that showed it, but it was somewhere.

You can only reload while walking though, no running around like your on PCP reloading your M60 in two seconds "Thanks to the perk you took", ala COD 4.

A another thing i will do: Open the editor and try to follow the road in the north-west into the nirvana... :) Im really interested how the terrain generator acts.

errrrrm, you can reload while moving Litos, I can't remember the blasted video that showed it, but it was somewhere.

You can only reload while walking though, no running around like your on PCP reloading your M60 in two seconds "Thanks to the perk you took", ala COD 4.

Then why did the guy in the TrackIR video say "I really like to look around while I'm busy reloading". He also stands there and reloads, and doesn't walk, and in Arma1 you cant walk and reload either. I don't think they made much gameplay changes, just upgraded the AI, perhaps a few other things, and dramatically inreased the graphics.

Then why did the guy in the TrackIR video say "I really like to look around while I'm busy reloading". He also stands there and reloads, and doesn't walk, and in Arma1 you cant walk and reload either. I don't think they made much gameplay changes, just upgraded the AI, perhaps a few other things, and dramatically inreased the graphics.

Should he walk just because he can? He was advertising TrackIR and one of its pros is that you can quickly scan your surroundings while you reload.

Get drunk and teamkill... A boomerang nade! Bounces of a tree and kills my squad outright! :( The learning curve part 1:

Should he walk just because he can? He was advertising TrackIR and one of its pros is that you can quickly scan your surroundings while you reload.

Eh..true.. But still, I dont even see how reloading while walking would be efficient in real life.

Eh..true.. But still, I dont even see how reloading while walking would be efficient in real life.

I can't believe that you cited my video as evidence for why you "can't reload while moving" in A2. Just because I didn't show it, doesn't mean it isn't there. I'm pretty sure it's been shown in a few videos by now at this point. :rolleyes:

Reloading while moving in reality is certainly possible, and certainly effective. It facilitates the whole "not getting shot" thing, which I hear is rather popular in reality!

Moving & reloading "for real"

(if you still for whatever reason doubt that it happens 'for real' or is possible 'for real')

Geez, you scared me dude.

Alright, sorry for the weird resistance from my side. Didn't mean to piss anyone off.

I just wasn't shown any proof that you can reload while walking.

Great vid though, thanks for making it.

By the way, is it possible to somehow test things in ArmA 2? So for example, I don't know maybe with the editor, if I want to see what its like to fly a plane, but I'm not up to them in the campaign yet and i never get a chance to in multiplayer - can I somehow place it in an editor, then get in, fly around... I dont know how the editor works, but it's what I did in far cry 2 when i wanted to try out a vehicle, the gliders for example...

Thanks!

Yes Lito, you can do exactly that. Have you really never played OFP or Arma?

I suggest you look around and try to find a demo of OFP or Arma. If you try one of those out, you'll get a sense of what Arma2 will be like, in a very rough way.

Shoot the prostitute... thats right i said what was really on everyone's mind...

can I somehow place it in an editor, then get in, fly around... I dont know how the editor works, but it's what I did in far cry 2 when i wanted to try out a vehicle, the gliders for example...

Thanks!

You can do pretty much everything in the editor. Test driving/flying vehicles is very simple, just place your player unit and some empty vehicles of choice. In fact the first thing I will do once the game is installed is try out the flight model on planes and choppers, then see how cars and tanks handle.

But trying out vehicles is just the beginning. If you want to have a huge battle in and around a big city, all you need to do is open the editor, place a bunch of units, give them waypoints to move toward each other, then fire it up and see what happens. You can also decide whether you want to be an innocent bystander watching the battle, or join in the fight on either side.

Wow. Are there any useful sites on tutorials on how to use the arma editor? Because it seems quite strange to me, there are fairly a few buttons and a map, and I'm not sure what to do with it all.

Sorry, I'm a bit stupid when it comes to editors - I've never worked with gaming mod/map tools besides far cry 2 and strategy games.

first thing im going to do is drool... then wipe the drool off my shirt, and start "experimenting" with the mission editor, and if im not working that night might even get on multiplayer if anyone else is on it.

first thing im going to do is drool... then wipe the drool off my shirt, and start "experimenting" with the mission editor, and if im not working that night might even get on multiplayer if anyone else is on it.

If it's a friday... I don't work friday night so I'm up for some friday night MP! Noobing. :yay:

If it's a friday... I don't work friday night so I'm up for some friday night MP! Noobing. :yay:

i dont work friday or saturday nights :D although the other half needs some attention once in a while... then i might get a forfeit of doing the dishes... :(

i dont work friday or saturday nights :D although the other half needs some attention once in a while... then i might get a forfeit of doing the dishes... :(

LOL... throw the dishes and buy some new ones!

Hi..

start editor..

First i fill my rucksack with ammo for the M107 and then i go Hunting the for

BIGFOOT..:icon_hm: And after i have shot it..snipe.gif

Back for a Sauna :pet13: and Case of beer..beer.gif

After that back to the village where i have a date with the Chernarus....BLONDI:bounce12:

Snoring and sleeping after all that..

Wow. Are there any useful sites on tutorials on how to use the arma editor? Because it seems quite strange to me, there are fairly a few buttons and a map, and I'm not sure what to do with it all.

Sorry, I'm a bit stupid when it comes to editors - I've never worked with gaming mod/map tools besides far cry 2 and strategy games.

You might want to try OFPEC for that (particularly the beginner's tutorial, which you can easily find from the Editors Depot) ;)

Regards,

Wolfrug

Find the nearest village and kill everyone, pillage and destroy all their building.

:coop:

ArmA II: Genocide operations.