Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

Install it on my old computer and see if its a good experience. If not uninstall it and buy a new one after a thourough read about the latest hardware and peoples experience on different forums (one of them the BI-troubleshooting).

When I have a comp that plays it the way I want (old or new) I will find a cpu intensive place and tweak the settings and controls.

During all this time I will support my friends (promised 2 of them) in buying new computers for arma 2.

Setup my dedicated server.

When all that is done I hope that I havent seen too much of the game so I can play the campaign in coop with my friends. Still remember the feeling of the unknown from OFP 1985 with a warm feeling.

Imagine going in on totally unknown territory unraveling the campaign. You and your friends..

After that I will play the SP missions and MP missions. When I start to feel more home on Chernarus I will start to play with the editor flying and driving around to explore and make missions.

I'm going to install it, my computer is going to die. And I will then go on a rampage. Or I guess I could just read the manual while it installs :D

I will go to editor, make a cage of sandbags, fill it with chicken, and test weapons ingame to them. then I will place T90 to come after me and I will escape with bicycle :rolleyes:

I don't know why you people seem to think ArmA II will be buggy at release . :confused:

I seriously doubt it ! A few bugs, sure, but not even remotely comparable to ArmA1.

I will check out the carrier first :D, and then I'll probably be like a kid on christmas... damn, I can't wait ! :hyper:

Install it.

Drink beer.

Adjust some settings.

Drink beer.

Open editor.

Drink beer.

Make mega ai battle in some town with all kinds of units, put myself as spectator.

Drink beer.

Curse at all the extra changes AddonSync2009 will need, start by looking up the new registry values.

Drink beer.

Then postpone those changes untill i finished the campaign/am mostly sober again.

Play in editor of course, then campaign....and make some new units for community hopefully. :)

I will install it while reading the manual, start with the training missions and some setting up controls and graphic options. Then either my friends are online already so we start the campaign in coop or I will wait for them and fire up the editor to go cow tipping :D

I most likely take a looong good zip of Connemara to get my old joints move again.

Then, after few single missions, move to mp just to find out that im just too ****** old for this **** :cc:

(..just a connection test... i'll promise to be silent after this for another 3 years. Or not.)

Honestly, it's all good if it's somewhat stable, and if it brings back even a little bit that ofp crunch. ....just a wish...

Meet up with friends to play CO-OP campaign system link on Xbox 360.

Once complete, use the basic mission editor to keep playing freshly created CO-OP missions over and over again.

Further down the line, hopefully there'll be some interesting DLC to download.

I will play it.

Lol jk, the first thing I'm gonna do is go on the editor and check out all the models and guns and stuff.

Epic guerrilla campaign for training in militia tactics.

i'd start with setting up my keys ( i might have 2 or 3 that i doesn't change....... )

then it's the tourials and then walk the dog ( rl one ) before it's campaign time

Like for ArmA : settings for smooth run, then Campaign, and ONLY WHEN IT'S DONE editor !

trust me, it's a true motivation for a mission & script maker :wink_o:

Immediately jump into the sp campaign, hoping it brings back to good old OFP times and i dont even HAVE to jump into mp to have a good time!:cool:

Straight to singleplayer for me. I wanna feel like its a new environment and I'm getting thrown into places that I've never been too.. kinda like how OFP felt when I played it (I was scared as hell when I was lost in the forest and your map was disabled). Then after that, its multiplayer for many years. :)

Im gona get it and then frame the disk :D along with the other BIS classics and then install another copy :D

realize that indeed it doesn't run on my (not so old) computer :mad:

I'm goimg to start pricing for an upgrade; right after I run and drive around in the editor:yay:

Put it on the shelf where it will have to wait until I can afford a new computer.

Take time off work.

Present separation letter to gf (if I ever get a gf).

Stockpile frozen pizzas and pudding cups.

Remove pigmentation from my flesh.

Rub myself with baby oi....no wait, that's for something else.

wow,we have a gay confession here. :D

I open mutiplayer and I ll join in some PvP action or warfare mission.

Training, try the new armory and then campaign.

Go to boot camp, I probably already know the basics, but I find it fun to always to training first in a new game I buy, then Campaign, after campaign is finished, probably Coop.