Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Do you really think you could hide a battle tank in Berlin except in the Grunewald? tounge2.gif

There were not more than a batallion of allied tanks on a lonely "urban outpost" surrounded and outnumbered by the soviet army...

It sounds very dubious if an experimental camouflage could blind soviet air and ground forces.

Really, there are forests in Berlin? crazy_o.gif

No but in the Kochstreet on ckeckpoint Charlie. tounge2.gif

I know that it isn't really useable for ArmA but I thought it would be nice surprice or addition. smile_o.gif

Btw. NRG that "outpost" was sometimes hotter in the cold war than other places along the East-Westgerman boarder. I believe you aren't a citizen in Berlin at this periode, are you ?

I think for authenticity it would be a great addition down the line, but what worries me is that there is no map resembling Berlin available.

OK agree if this camouflage should be only a little additional surprise for "Berliner" and not overall in use. wink_o.gif

Berlin had in this time special status and all are glad that no one from both sides tried the hard way. It was a dangerous saber rattling from both sides along the E-W German border incl. Berlin. Thanks to all the people demonstrating for their freedom and against the regime - this strained coldwar time is over.

It was a dangerous saber rattling from both sides along the E-W German border incl. Berlin. Thanks to all the people demonstrating for their freedom and against the regime - this strained coldwar time is over.

QFT mate, QFT.  wink_o.gif

That would be nice quotation for a possible ending of a campaign for `85.

@topas, yes right, but yellow busses, Regierungsviertel and Friedrichstraße with the modern style in 1985?  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Atleast I think it will take much time until we get such places like Berlin or other bigger towns in games or ArmA. So maybe 2012  we have the first big more or less original european town in a game.

I have several photographs of the wall in Berlin and in surrounding areas from the 1970s, and it did look a lot different in some cases than Berlin does now.

If someone were to create an objects pack resembling the towers and wall sections, it may be easy to create a mock up of some sort but it would take a lot of time plotting what goes where, especially for 1985 if you're working off of something such as Gta-Berlin.

Do you really think you could hide a battle tank in Berlin except in the Grunewald? tounge2.gif

There were not more than a batallion of allied tanks on a lonely "urban outpost" surrounded and outnumbered by the soviet army...

It sounds very dubious if an experimental camouflage could blind soviet air and ground forces.

afaik it was not an 'experimental' camo, and large number of BAOR armoured vehicles where painted in it.

Hi there!

while playing around on Schmalfelden, I had kind of a flashback to those big excersises the americans did every few weeks around my village. In these drills however, I don't recall seeing any Hmmwvs until the late 1980s, most of the time they were riding around in a big SUV type jeep, I think it was based on the 'chevy blazer'. So my question is, is there a chance you'll include this vehicle in a later patch? I'm asking, because as I said, it was in pretty widespread use(at least in the area I live in), and afaik no one has made them for a game before. Anyway, I'm realy looking forward to your mod! inlove.gif

Flv*VEnom*:

Was it one of these vehicles?

EDIT: There are a few different models covered by the article. The one I was referring to is the "M1009"

yupp, thats the one!

ouch, it looks pretty fu.k.d up on that pic, but the  M1009 is the one that I mean.

Damn, I'm starting to get a serious flashback to the 80s, I want that mod now! (just kidding)

Reinstalled Armed Assault so that I am ready for the mod.

What patches should I load so that I am fully compatible?

PLEASE don't take this post as an indication that release is imminent or that I have some kind of "behind closed doors" information... I don't.

I just felt stupid sitting here waiting for quite possibly the most righteous mod available for Armed Assault and had to DO SOMETHING!

you need atleast patch 1.14 (the latest full patch, 1.15 is still a beta so it´s not needed yet)

thanx for voice about bugs of BW soldiers, beret is now in right direction, some other things are far too late to changing now

also today as i had some time i made new PK and PKM receivers , cause old PK, PKM were not 100% realistic, those are far better and less cubic, more soft edges as in real :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/new_pk_1.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/new_pk_2.jpg

___

edit:

those were WIPs of course

final looks following:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/pkrzut1.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/pkrzut2.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/pkrzut3.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/pkrzut4.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/pkrzut5.jpg

Hey, I just want to ask, whats the status of Project85 ?

I thought you just needed the german voices to finalize the package or did you plan to release it for ArmA2 ?

There will be a release for ArmA. Progress is steady - there's a lot of content that needs to be checked in detail, we're updating some things to take into account new references and material, and we're always keeping our eyes open for addons that match our standards; GodHammer's excellent FABs and KABs are a great example of this.

We also anticipate converting P85 to ArmA II and continuing work there. That said, there will be an ArmA release.

Yeah sorry, indeed once more some delay mainly due to changes in the stringtables we had lots of ctds and it took a while to find out what was the problem.

Usually in the last minute some stupid bug pops out.

But as that fixed now it wont be too long.

This month or i never post in that topic again, hehe.

Ok thanks for your statements guys. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah sorry, indeed once more some delay mainly due to changes in the stringtables we had lots of ctds and it took a while to find out what was the problem.

Usually in the last minute some stupid bug pops out.

But as that fixed now it wont be too long.

This month or i never post in that topic again, hehe.

That is good to hear! smile_o.gif

Good news! smile_o.gif Will this mod be combatable with ACE mod? (probably asked, if allready asked and answerred let me be in my shame tounge2.gif )

Depends on the way each mod has their various scripts enabled. If P85's effects clash with ACE's effects, there could be errors and crashes. It's a bit like some of the big mods back in the day with OFP - some worked together, but most caused you to end up with a weird mishmash of half-broken features or just gave you a CTD if you tried to load it tounge2.gif

ACE is a total conversion mod, P85 is also a total conversion mod. I highly doubt the two will be interoperable.

no.. they will NOT work together..

P85 and FDF mod will not work together either... well.. not very well atleast..

BUT!

P85 and CSLA mod should work ok together since there have been some cooperation between those mods.