Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Sgt.Ace;

That looks good so far, reminds me of the old OFP islands. How big will it be? Will it be a lot of open terrain, or will there be a good few large towns like ArmA?

It will be a mix of all more infos coming soon.

for UK forces we have weapons L1A1 SLR, L2 Sterling, HP pistol, L7/FN MAG, L42 sniper rifle

my RACS'85 from Vilas_WPH weaponholders has uniform cut in european style of pockets (like Brits, Dutch, Belgian troops had)

so reskin of such unit + new pouches + new helmet and will be okay

France had other pockets

problem is who will make reskin, cause our team has no time

if you wanna UK, France troops addon to 85, i can do it if someone from community will help and do reskins of texture from Vilas_WPH addon smile_o.gif

than you will have such addon :]

France weapons are not made, but France forces addon was released as i know :]

Col.Faulkner would be the best guy to speak to about doing 85 era british forces, prehaps he can assist you.

if he has time for it smile_o.gif

he helped me already giving good research about FAL scopes and FAL scope in my weapons pack is thanx to him smile_o.gif

hi,

great work so far!

Which Bundeswehr vehicles will realised for this mod?

Leo - anything else?

M113 in German skin and UH1 and maybe Merceds WOLF (maybe)

Back in 85 , the bundeswehr didn't use Wolfs.

We had VW Iltis (Typ 183) and even kübelwagen before the early 90s.

for the sake of variety - I need to convince Vilas to make VW-181 Kurierwagen.

After seeing how fast he made the Leos this shall not be a hard task smile_o.gif

The currenty aproach things take is pretty wrong i think.

I know i dont have a right to criticise as i was absent for a long time ( Pc probs at home ) but the idea of adding more and more while the core mod still suffers from missing things and bugs may not be the best idea.

Focus should be Russia vs USA with maybe one other country as small addition for each side like LWP or NVA and Bundeswehr but those not with the full set of vehicles and gear.

Once released we still can add that.

But for now we need to have a stable working release.

Quote[/b] ]but the idea of adding more and more while the core mod still suffers from missing things and bugs may not be the best idea.

As this is made public then let's clarify it publicly then.

Unfortunately, you haven't been around for a while and you have seamingly missed several steps of the development of the MOD since the team is quite active the last weeks.

Technically speaking, we actually figured out and fixed almost all these "missing things/bugs/needed things to be improved" since:

- Some members alongside with some 3rd party MODs/Freelance 3D Artists are completely focused on improving the models we already have beside the work they already have to achieves (SGT.Ace, Kenji [for his T-80s...],Godhammer, RACS MOD...).

- Meanwhile, Vilas and some other core members are focused on increasing the NATO/Warsaw ranks in terms of models.

- Many Improvements have been performed in on the used scripts/functions and I keep fixing the errors coming with every BETA/ An internal BETA 0.4 is just around the corner Btw.

Actually, here is an illustration of the ongoing (overall) progress:

Progress-1-1.jpg

Regards,

TB

Ok thanks for clearing that up maybe i was under a wrong impression.

I check the forums every now and then from the work pc though.

LEO 1A4 still under development and not finished model

LEO2 - only needs textures smile_o.gif

leos1.jpg

leos2.jpg

leos3.jpg

is it just me or does the leo1 look bigger than the leo 2wink_o.gif might just be my eyes that are mistaken!!

perspective makes LEO 1 looking bigger

in real life LEO1 has hull shorter for 60 cm

so half of meter is not so visible in perspective view smile_o.gif

if i was making screen from further distance using big zoom in r.m.b. all would look more unified smile_o.gif

i used Wikipedia to check lenght, i hope there are right dimensions

Are you plannig to release a campaign after the first release?

Vilas just to clearify - Will the Leo's be released stand-alone?

LEOs will be included in VIBI too (as it contains Bradley, BMP1 and more)

i am planning to divide weapons packs by countries, and maybe VIBI to divide too as time will allow me to tanks and APC and civilian/police vehicles

it will be "green" Leo 1A4, Leo2-2A4, maybe maybe maybe i will do Leo1A5 and 2A5/6 if time will allow me

for sure RACS mod will get it for RACS camo too

if someone will plan desert version he will get it

if Raven needs for Danish camo he will get it, if BW MOD wants it to camo and make BW - okay, but probably they have their own and not releasing for Arma 1 but only for ARMA 2

if BW MOD will know where they plan release , than i will know to make German camo to my placholder in Flecktarn or not

my will is not competee with mod i loved in OFP, but help them as they helped me :]

so standalone green version will not appear except VIBI update

camo version will depend on BW MOD opinion about release for ARMA 1 , other mods will be able to use as it will be part of their mods/packs of national armies like Danish or Swedish etc. except mods who refused P85 help :]

but a.t.m. it is made for mod 85

i will allow to use it as i am making with other VIBI vehicles, untill it not competee with my own addons - i allow

for example Bradley, BMP-1, if mod wants to do vehicle in desert camo - no problem

if someone wants to use part of the same addon that i made - no, for example i had few asks to release my Bradley in camo as standalone - ridiculous , it is just like i was asking other addonmaker "can i release 1 weapon from your pack as addon"

so if there is someone who makes Iraq warfare and wants sand BMP-1 okay smile_o.gif

if someone makes other camo like Russian tri colours than okay too smile_o.gif

i would be happy if you make a swedish leo2A5 aswell...

(it´s called stridsvagn 121 or short, strv121)